SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

+3 The whole thing seems to be a case of my gangs better than yours.Its like a dozen people all trying to go through a narrow doorway at the same time . :blink:

Not sure how difficult it is to form a group that gets along, as we all want the same thing as fans of BRFC.

Cue the 'why don't YOU do something?'.....

Want the club relegated is wrong way of putting it. But they have said it is needed in order to achieve a fans buy out. Because fans could not afford to buy the club if still in the prem.

PAFELL, you still phrase it as NEED to be relegated, which still implies that it's something people like WW want.

Surely you can understand that this is a plan in the event of relegation.

What would your plan be for when we are relegated?.

I read this forum often yet post not so.

There appears to be far too much positioning here between "groups" and those that come across as simply spoiling for a fight.

From what I have gleaned thus far, BRST appears well intentioned and has the support of those potentially in a position of influence. The fans forum is working within its limits. BRAG is at risk of appearing as though it wants the "toy" all for itself.

I genuinely believe that all are well intentioned. However, as mentioned above, public perception will be very important in times to come should a supporters trust ownership become a potential realism.

For a plan akin to a takeover to have prospects of success, it has to be well laid. The suggestion that the funds necessary will only be met upon relegation is not negative but realistic. Perhaps further funds can in the interim be found and parameters changed. In the meantime, realistic prospects need to be considered.

PAFELL, you still phrase it as NEED to be relegated, which still implies that it's something people like WW want.

Surely you can understand that this is a plan in the event of relegation.

What would your plan be for when we are relegated?.

Plan still dependant on venkys selling. Which I do not think they will sell if the club are relegated.

But even if they did decide to sell. I do not believe they would sell it cheap. They would want to get back as much as they could.

Though it is possible they could be forced to sell or change their policies.

Plan still dependant on venkys selling. Which I do not think they will sell if the club are relegated.

But even if they did decide to sell. I do not believe they would sell it cheap. They would want to get back as much as they could.

If we are relegated. They will not get their full purchase money back. They bought a PL club and would be selling a Championship one.

I would not be surprised though if they haven't already got their money back though. Such is the state of the club debt and value of player sales.

So you have no alternative plan then? Doing nothing is better than doing something?

Right following my latest ban I'm back. After reading this thread though I wonder why. Sorry but I don't feel any association with the majority of protagonists of any side. It's like watching a willy waving contest in the boys toilets at an infant school. Very competative but with nothing in their hands. Just a pathetic bunch of people who as far as owning a Premier league club goes there's not one with a pot to ###### in. No doubt most involved are enjoying their 5 minutes of fame but consider the following and learn the lessons of history........

How much talking in public did Jack Walker do when he took control of BRFC? None. How much did anybody know about that until it happened. Nowt! The Walker way of doing business has been heeded by no one on here it seems. One thing that Jack did know and that is that ‘NOTHING WORKS THAT IS RUN BY A COMMITTEE’! For all their faults it appears that the Venkeymob know that too. It’s a valuable lesson for the committee men on here as they squabble with each other.

JW came into buy BRFC when they were potless and when nobody else wanted them. The Walker Empire was underpinned by picking up many ailing businesses for pin money over the years and turning them around with a little investment and not by paying top dollar for anything (they left that to the likes of British Steel didn’t they?). By doing the same with BRFC they picked the club up for a song. Starting from such a small investment it was much easier to add value to us then than now and especially given the very different demographics of the town over two decades later. The message that all must heed is that BRFC is simply not worth £25m except to an assett stripper. It was 12 months ago but now it's not. If it was there would be a queue of billionaire suitors lined up. Imo if the venkeys were in charge in 89 and wanted the equivalent of 25m and with todays trading conditions that Jack and Fred wouldn't have touched the club with a barge pole.

Never once since the abolishment of the maximum wage in the 60’s has this club been able to wash it’s own face financially. Small crowds who in the main are only willing to pay half price for admission is hardly a recipe for printing money is it?

Unfortunately and in complete contrast the Venkeys will have got one big message from Abu Dhabi, Messrs Currie and Battersby, Wayne’s World etc and that is that there is interest in and demand for the club! No wonder they are simply sitting on it. Why would they communicate with anybody when potential buyers are giving an impression that they want to buy? Such actions simply ensure that any asking price will stay strong if not increase.

The way to get the Venkeys to see off the current owners is to see bids dry up and the asset wither and die until it becomes a write off. They would not take kindly to stump up ever more money annually just to keep it afloat? That is undoubtedly the most likely scenario. The best way forward sadly is for the supporters to simply abandon the club to footballing oblivion. The most effective way to kill off a parasite is is to first kill the host. Any interested parties will find it much cheaper to buy off the administrators / receivers than off the Venkeys. Unless we find a fool and his money the only way for a takeover of limited means is to lose the owners AND lose the players, their agents and their stupid contracts and lose any unecessary financial liabilities and move forward from there.

Unpalatable perhaps but one thing is for sure not a penny piece of my money will be heading off to Pune. That much is for sure and furthermore I will be in the vast majority.

Now children... get back to your willy waving.

If we are relegated. They will not get their full purchase money back. They bought a PL club and would be selling a Championship one.

I would not be surprised though if they haven't already got their money back though. Such is the state of the club debt and value of player sales.

You've answered your own question! :rolleyes:

This problem began 15 months ago when the value of the club was vastly exceeded but the sum of the value of it's parts. Our 'Sunday club' talk since the Trust declared it's intention to sell was that we could buy the club between us and make a serious profit in very short time by simply asset stripping it to oblivion. We would have had to move away from the area mind. Seeing our days out in Goa might have been most appropriate. ^_^

The Trust could and maybe should have done it themselves except for respect for Jack and the fact that they didn't really need the money.

Just about all plans are dependent on Venkys selling. No-one want s to stay with them surely?

Point is Wayne Wile/Brag don't want us relegated so lets hear no more of that provocative stuff.

Now children... get back to your willy waving.

You've answered your own question! :rolleyes:

Brilliant. I wasn't even asking a question. I think you might need to re-write your first post again when you've got over yourself and calmed down. It's only about two-thirds legible.

This problem began 15 months ago when the value of the club was vastly exceeded but the sum of the value of it's parts. Our 'Sunday club' talk since the Trust declared it's intention to sell was that we could buy the club between us and make a serious profit in very short time by simply asset stripping it to oblivion. We would have had to move away from the area mind. Seeing our days out in Goa might have been most appropriate. ^_^

The Trust could and maybe should have done it themselves except for respect for Jack and the fact that they didn't really need the money.

The fact is Theno, for all the "willy waving" there are people who are considering what they could do in the event of relegation. There are then others who poo-poo every idea without offering an alternative.

Now, the way things are going a purchase from the administrator is looking most likely. At which point, people who have previously laughed at the likes of Wayne and Glen will be begging them to "do something".

Of course, it could well be that Paul Hunt and the FF are plotting a management buy-out. In which case I stand to be corrected. :rolleyes:

Welcome back by the way, the squabbling children have missed your guiding hand, Grandpa. Ironically, it will have been one such squabbler who banned you (again). :lol:

Just about all plans are dependent on Venkys selling. No-one want s to stay with them surely?

Point is Wayne Wile/Brag don't want us relegated so lets hear no more of that provocative stuff.

The alternative plan is for Ian battersby & Ian Currie getting a consortium together. If venkys decide to sell. No matter what division rovers are in.

The message that all must heed is that BRFC is simply not worth £25m except to an assett stripper.

You did well until this point.

Considering that despite all criticism laid towards Venky's, people like Ian Battersby, Nick Harris and various other commentators who are reasonably clued up have stated publically that the Rao family is not trying to asset strip. I don't see how you are reaching this conclusion. Based on what? Our debt was sitting at 6million around December, and so far we have not made a profit on transfers. At most we have reduced the wage bill, but the vast majority of players taken off the wage bill were released or paid off, not sold.

You'll have to explain to me why you think asset stripping is occurring or will occur.

The alternative plan is for Ian battersby & Ian Currie getting a consortium together. If venkys decide to sell. No matter what division rovers are in.

How do you know that there are not other plans afoot that are not public knowledge?

Jack Walker bought the club on the very quiet.

take it from Donald Rumsfeld

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns,"

So the alternative plan relies on Venkys selling too? (as I said).

Of course. But not dependant on relegation or fans buying the club, which the plan put forward by wayne wild and supported by brag does. (I know it is a plan that is put forward in case rovers go down.)

Fans pay enough as it is to watch football. Not possible for fans to fund a premiership club. Unless we are all loaded.

Of course. But not dependant on relegation or fans buying the club, which the plan put forward by wayne wild and supported by brag does. (I know it is a plan that is put forward in case rovers go down.)

Fans pay enough as it is to watch football. Not possible for fans to fund a premiership club. Unless we are all loaded.

We all want some consortium or other will step up. But,failing that, better this contingency plan or some variant than no plan at all.

We all want some consortium or other will step up. But,failing that, better this contingency plan or some variant than no plan at all.

Agreed. Just cannot see how fans could buy the club. Not enough of us, neither could fans raise the money to buy the club. As well as continue to run it afterwards. Certainly could not raise enough to finance a promotion push.

Agreed. Just cannot see how fans could buy the club. Not enough of us, neither could fans raise the money to buy the club. As well as continue to run it afterwards. Certainly could not raise enough to finance a promotion push.

So judging by the last few pages, your suggestion is in the event of no other alternative, we are better off to stick with Venkys then, yeah?

Archived