BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

I wouldn't say better off. But we are stuck with them.

WAFFLE

you are saying we are stuck with them so lets get on with it,

like you criticised the statement the plan buy will only work if Rovers are relegated

stop wording statements to fit your agenda, whatever it is

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say better off. But we are stuck with them.

Yes Pafell, I fear we are. Having watched the video posted by Glen, it is clear that Rovers are not at the top of Venkys list of issues to solve. Due to the lack of any information coming from our owners, reasonable supposition is posted and then is somehow turned into fact. Anybody with a different take on the supposition is villified as being pro-Venkys, or anti contingency, bizare!!

IMO they are not going to sell, unless they get their money back. They appear too proud to accept defeat in business. I am becoming more concerned with the Indian press coverage, and I'm not completely convinced that even this won't make them dig their heels in further as they won't want to appear failures in their own back yard.

The presumption that they may sell at a huge loss if we get relegated would appear to be based on a huge amount of hope and little fact, I haven't seen any posts that would indicate they would, hopefully somebody may be able to establish this?

I support the idea of a consortium planning a contingency should they decide to sell, but I fear we would need far more money than is being discussed presently.

IMO they are not going to sell, unless they get their money back. They appear too proud to accept defeat in business. I am becoming more concerned with the Indian press coverage, and I'm not completely convinced that even this won't make them dig their heels in further as they won't want to appear failures in their own back yard.

/quote]

So if everybody pulls back and allows Venkys time and space------------they'll do what exactly?

Cock it up like they usually do I'd guess.

WAFFLE

you are saying we are stuck with them so lets get on with it,

like you criticised the statement the plan buy will only work if Rovers are relegated

stop wording statements to fit your agenda, whatever it is

You are wrong.

Those putting forward the plan have said that a fan buy out of the club could only be achieved if the club were in the championship.

They consider it would be cheaper to buy a championship club, than a club in the ownership. Which is probable right.

The plan is in case rovers go down.

Which also requires about 10,000 supporters putting in £1000 each. In the current financial climate, I do not believe it would acheivable.

20% fan ownership, maybe. With consortium owning the rest. But 100% ownership, no.

Agenda, get over yourself. Anybody who has another opinion, must have an agenda. You bring up the word waffle. Yet you add nothing else to the debate.

Their plans say the club needs to be relgated for them to get involved, I know that, you know that. It's a fall back plan, a plan that personally I feel is doomed to fail, but fair play to those involved for at least trying.

So, why are you repeating it on every page? If it is not to smear folk?

Their plans say the club needs to be relgated for them to get involved, I know that, you know that. It's a fall back plan, a plan that personally I feel is doomed to fail, but fair play to those involved for at least trying.

So, why are you repeating it on every page? If it is not to smear folk?

Only responding to what is posted by others. No other reason.

Agreed fair play to those who came up with the plan. Time and effort etc.

Don't think it went very well. Even one of the main men...Slittle didn't even bother going.

Farce I would call it.

Perhaps they were all at Chorley v Matlock Town?.?.

Not for the first time I asked a few questions about this meeting and received no response - if everyone bar the chosen few are treated this way is it any wonder the attendance was pitiful?

You did well until this point.

Considering that despite all criticism laid towards Venky's, people like Ian Battersby, Nick Harris and various other commentators who are reasonably clued up have stated publically that the Rao family is not trying to asset strip. I don't see how you are reaching this conclusion. Based on what? Our debt was sitting at 6million around December, and so far we have not made a profit on transfers. At most we have reduced the wage bill, but the vast majority of players taken off the wage bill were released or paid off, not sold.

You'll have to explain to me why you think asset stripping is occurring or will occur.

I'm not sure that Theno was suggesting that Venky's were currently in the process of asset stripping. I think he was saying that you could make at least £25m by asset stripping (and therefore it would be open to them to do this if we get relegated and there is no buyer prepared to pay the amount which they paid for the club).

Is it not possible that Venky's could make over £25m by selling off the players, Brockhall and Ewood ?

On another thread, Dan has argued that Venky's would not close down the club and sell off Ewood or Brockhall to get their money back because of:

1. The bad publicity; and

2. Their inability to do so.

Dan makes a very strong argument for 1. as the whole reason for them buying the club in the first place was for marketing purposes. The PR ramifications for Venky's of closing down the club could be horrendous. On the other hand, they may be seen by their peers in the Indian business community as being very shrewd in recouping their investment rather than carrying on with a loss making enterprise.

As for 2., I'm not so sure. Dan has said that 'Brockhall and Ewood are prohibited from being sold or developed for anything other than their current use by covenants signed by Venky's in the purchase agreement to buy the club'. Also Paul has said 'I know Brockhall is protected, there are some who say Venky's only lease, not own, Brockhall'. However, I've not seen any documentation which confirms this. Have you ?

Perhaps they were all at Chorley v Matlock Town?.?.

Not for the first time I asked a few questions about this meeting and received no response - if everyone bar the chosen few are treated this way is it any wonder the attendance was pitiful?

I'm presuming the info will be on the BRAG website and only available to their members. It would be a way of boosting membership numbers if it was kept on that site I suppose.

I'm presuming the info will be on the BRAG website and only available to their members. It would be a way of boosting membership numbers if it was kept on that site I suppose.

I have had a good look round the BRAG website and forum, and can see nothing about the outcomes of the meeting...in addition to this I can't see anything on their unofficial Facebook page.

Or Facebook. But that is restricted also.

You are wrong.

Those putting forward the plan have said that a fan buy out of the club could only be achieved if the club were in the championship.

They consider it would be cheaper to buy a championship club, than a club in the ownership. Which is probable right.

The plan is in case rovers go down.

Which also requires about 10,000 supporters putting in £1000 each. In the current financial climate, I do not believe it would acheivable.

20% fan ownership, maybe. With consortium owning the rest. But 100% ownership, no.

Agenda, get over yourself. Anybody who has another opinion, must have an agenda. You bring up the word waffle. Yet you add nothing else to the debate.

All you bring is negativity to anything that is suggested,

my only aim is to have kean and the venkys removed ASAP anyone who can acheive that gets my backing i have never seen you make a viable alternative to any of the plans that are public or private

Would you like to explain how the meeting went.

Or do we have to wait for a link a week or two later??

The meeting was a debrief to the last couple of weeks where there has been no organised protest. It was never a formal minuted meeting hence why it was not widely advertised. People had the opportunity to raise anything they wished at the meeting and some duly did.

Overall the meeting went very well, as the groups plans continue to evolve.

Don't think it went very well. Even one of the main men...Slittle didn't even bother going.

Farce I would call it.

Once again people who are uninformed continue to try and use their misinformation to belittle fellow supporters. Simon was most certainly present as were all committee members.

Farce I would call it.

Si Littler was there as I was sat beside him during this meeting. I would also like to point out (as owner of the Action Group website) that there was no official minutes taken as it was an "open" meeting. This can clearly be read in the article issued regarding the meeting. I have also read comments from other users who have stated that minutes may be available to "BRAG Members" so I would like to point out that registration to our site is as open as it is here on BRFCS. We do not have any hidden agenda as all is out in the open. If anyone has any issues then please feel free to contact me either on here or on our site.

The meeting was a debrief to the last couple of weeks where there has been no organised protest. It was never a formal minuted meeting hence why it was not widely advertised. People had the opportunity to raise anything they wished at the meeting and some duly did.

Overall the meeting went very well, as the groups plans continue to evolve.

Once again people who are uninformed continue to try and use their misinformation to belittle fellow supporters. Simon was most certainly present as were all committee members.

I think the issue here is down to perceptions of whats going on. Unfortunately its up to the committee to ensure everybody is kept informed exactly whats going on and gone on and change those perceptions. Otherwise rumours such as "Simon didnt even attend" become rife.

Answering questions on the web is straightforward, reaching out to the "man in the pub" however is a real challenge.

edit - That said, given its been said that its an open floor unminuted meeting, is it a big deal if members of the committee dont all make it. Others may have engagements that they cannot easily rearrange.

All you bring is negativity to anything that is suggested,

my only aim is to have kean and the venkys removed ASAP anyone who can acheive that gets my backing i have never seen you make a viable alternative to any of the plans that are public or private

I have not suggested anything as I face reality. There is nothing we can do. Venkys have dug their trench and are staying in it for as long as they want. They hold every single card.

Our hope is either the fit & proper owner test is sorted out. Which can be applied to current football club owners, not just new ones. Or venkys sell to a decent owner. That is not being negative but facing facts.

I have not suggested anything as I face reality. There is nothing we can do. Venkys have dug their trench and are staying in it for as long as they want. They hold every single card.

Our hope is either the fit & proper owner test is sorted out. Which can be applied to current football club owners, not just new ones. Or venkys sell to a decent owner. That is not being negative but facing facts.

Thankfully my reality is not your reality.

I disagree that the venkys hold all the cards, there are certain individuals holding some wild cards and when they are played you will not see the venkys for dust.

Any changes to the fit and proper test (that in it self should be sent to the trading standards office for scrutiny) would be for new owners, very difficult to make these things retrospective.

I disagree that the venkys hold all the cards, there are certain individuals holding some wild cards and when they are played you will not see the venkys for dust.Any changes to the fit and proper test (that in it self should be sent to the trading standards office for scrutiny) would be for new owners, very difficult to make these things retrospective.

Please could you enlighten the majority of us what cards these may be? Most of us can only debate supposition and heresay, if you have some information that could help it would be most welcome.

Please could you enlighten the majority of us what cards these may be? Most of us can only debate supposition and heresay, if you have some information that could help it would be most welcome.

He thinks Wayne Wild is coming to the rescue with 10,000 fans with £1000 to spare. With venkys willing to either give the club a way or sell it cheaply.

Nice idea in principle. But not in reality.

I disagree that the venkys hold all the cards, there are certain individuals holding some wild cards and when they are played you will not see the venkys for dust.

Any changes to the fit and proper test (that in it self should be sent to the trading standards office for scrutiny) would be for new owners, very difficult to make these things retrospective.

Here we go again...go on cocker lets hear you exclusive....

He thinks Wayne Wild is coming to the rescue with 10,000 fans with £1000 to spare. With venkys willing to either give the club a way or sell it cheaply.

Nice idea in principle. But not in reality.

That's hardly in the context of yoda's comment but don't let it stop you repeating yourself ad infinitum.

Maybe it's time to stick something in your signature PAFELL, save you typing. :P

Archived