BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clearly you didnt read what I put... i used the word SUPPORTERS not BRAG .. like i said BRAG is made up of supporters.

So is this website - but they are not all members of BRAG. Each person on here should be allowed to share their views, even if it differs from others. After all it is a forum, where we should be able to discuss things about the club. Share and read other persons view / opinions etc.

But the bottomline is, we all care and are concerned about the club. We just have different views / approaches on how things should be done.

I think BRAG are trying to say that *at the moment* there are no other options other than to sit back do nothing, or to back the Investment Trust bid. If there was another option then that would have to be looked at, and i'd expect that BRAG are prepared to work with any other interested parties.

Fair point. I just cannot see how fans can even be expected to raise the money required. We already pay through the nose just to support a football team. Maybe if it was 20% fan ownership, but not 100%.

Maybe Ian Battersby and a consortium is another option?

Please could you enlighten the majority of us what cards these may be? Most of us can only debate supposition and heresay, if you have some information that could help it would be most welcome.

He'll have seen something in a force vision. Unfortunatly ever changing is the force, nothing is set is stone.

Everyday you attack the Action group and to be completely honest this will be my last post on BRFCS, As I dnt wish to spend my spare time reading non productive posters who are intent in causing trouble rather than being productive,

Used to love this site, but sadly for a catalouge of reasons its no longer a happy place to post

If you are to achieve your stated goals then unfortunatly you will have to take a bucket load of stick. How you deal with it is up to you but walking away won't help matters and may only hinder them. Stand up, show people they are wrong, use it as motivation, not as apathy.

I'm really sorry it's come to this because when the protests started I joined several and felt that this was something I could do to help my club. As it turned out nothing really came of it in terms of immediate results such as we'd expect from normal owners in a normal club - usually when the manager loses the fans he loses his job. However, i have felt no connection to the protests for some time, not because I have seen no apparent effect though I do admit that to hear an MP giving a speech to a committee as happened the other week is something I never envisaged happening, but because gradually there has developed a rift between the majority of supporters and those who have gone on to set up BRAG. When it started i felt I could be part of it all but now it feels like us and them and this time it's not a division that Kean has created. Now this may be a totally wrong perception of what BRAG is all about. That is not important. It is the perception of many fans who feel that it's all gone very "political" now, all about points scoring and being somehow part of an organisation that is just as untransparent as Venkys are. You may claim transparency, Glen. You may claim to be approachable, but to the vast majority of ordinary fans you no longer seem like that. This is presumably not your intention. I don't think it was how you started out but like all things, circumstances tend to take movements away from those who initially support them and into the hands of the few. It's hard to avoid and I'm not attaching blame. However, if you want to get the support of large numbers of fans for what you are trying to achieve then everything has to be out in the open that can possibly be and you have to improve communication skills. I was impressed with your performance on tv. You did well in the face of idiotic questioners who had already made up their own minds about our situation and didn't listen to a word you said. Perhaps it's time to get back to being that same persona again - the guy who really does speak for many of us.

BRAG loses all credibility - if it ever had any by announcing its 'elected committee'.

The two fans leaders, are suprise suprise on that list - they are both linked and more importantly linked to WEC, who seem to want a volatile takeover. :!:

I'm really sorry it's come to this because when the protests started I joined several and felt that this was something I could do to help my club. As it turned out nothing really came of it in terms of immediate results such as we'd expect from normal owners in a normal club - usually when the manager loses the fans he loses his job. However, i have felt no connection to the protests for some time, not because I have seen no apparent effect though I do admit that to hear an MP giving a speech to a committee as happened the other week is something I never envisaged happening, but because gradually there has developed a rift between the majority of supporters and those who have gone on to set up BRAG. When it started i felt I could be part of it all but now it feels like us and them and this time it's not a division that Kean has created. Now this may be a totally wrong perception of what BRAG is all about. That is not important. It is the perception of many fans who feel that it's all gone very "political" now, all about points scoring and being somehow part of an organisation that is just as untransparent as Venkys are. You may claim transparency, Glen. You may claim to be approachable, but to the vast majority of ordinary fans you no longer seem like that. This is presumably not your intention. I don't think it was how you started out but like all things, circumstances tend to take movements away from those who initially support them and into the hands of the few. It's hard to avoid and I'm not attaching blame. However, if you want to get the support of large numbers of fans for what you are trying to achieve then everything has to be out in the open that can possibly be and you have to improve communication skills. I was impressed with your performance on tv. You did well in the face of idiotic questioners who had already made up their own minds about our situation and didn't listen to a word you said. Perhaps it's time to get back to being that same persona again - the guy who really does speak for many of us.

I honestly believe the points scoring has come much more frequently from those who oppose Glen and the rest of the protesters than the other way round.

I also think there's a lot of "establishment" backlash going on.

"We're the people who lead Rovers supporters and have spoken for them for years. How dare these newcomers roll up and steal our territory"-------I honestly believe that's is a prevalent attitude expressed implicitly on here.

And its a great shame. There should be room for all. If all attempt their own ways towards the same goal and leave the criticism out of it, we might get somewhere quicker.

To be honest I don't know what is going on...

Who is BRAG? Who is leading the BRFCS Supporter Group? Why are they fighting?

Self interest seems to be leading all representation and to be frank I don't want someone representing me in this matter thanks.

Everyday you attack the Action group and to be completely honest this will be my last post on BRFCS, As I dnt wish to spend my spare time reading non productive posters who are intent in causing trouble rather than being productive,

Used to love this site, but sadly for a catalouge of reasons its no longer a happy place to post

Used to love this site (when I was getting my ego stroked) but sadly for a catalouge of reasons (one of those being that not everone agrees with me)its no longer a happy place to post.

Glen, in all honesty how do you expect this to be a 'happy place to post' with all that's going on at the moment?

If you take your ball home this easily, God knows how you are going to try and muster 10,000 people to donate £1000

Agree with the bulk of that, went on a couple of protests but feel no affinity with that group anymore...

BRAG loses all credibility - if it ever had any by announcing its 'elected committee'.

The two fans leaders, are suprise suprise on that list - they are both linked and more importantly linked to WEC, who seem to want a volatile takeover. :!:

Can you elaborate when you say "they are both linked and more importantly linked to WEC" Hughesy?

Can you elaborate when you say "they are both linked and more importantly linked to WEC" Hughesy?

..... :blush:

Just a few random questions for you.....

Who is leading the protests? And who works for WEC? :huh:

Also do people think anyone from WEC wants any involvement/ power with the club?

:excl:

Wayne Wild works for WEC. He supports the protests. That's as far as it goes isn't it?

The truth is out there somewhere!!!!!!!! But are the protests really supporting him.

Anyway if you look on the 'are venkys willing to sell thread'. You will learn that BRAG are NOT the only option. Other local approaches have been made to venkys about selling the club. Venkys have said they are not selling. (Kamy's post)

I'll do it. Glen Mullan I am lead to believe is one of Wayne Wilds managers at WEC, hence being asked to look over the document. This should have been disclosed as their statements of being transparent now seem murky regardless of intent.

Just Wild????

Would you not say Wild wants some sort of power/ involvement in a takeover??

Yes we should be really alarmed that a local businessman from Darwen, the club's main sponsor, and a fan as well, wants to participate in the ownership of the club! :blink:

I'll do it. Glen Mullan is one of Wayne Wilds managers at WEC, hence being asked to look over the document. This should have been disclosed as their statements of being transparent now seem murky regardless of intent.

Which document? Dan's plan? Dan made clear from the beginning that he'd been in contact with Wayne Wild and gained his approval! Glen made it clear that he favoured Wild's involvement.

Where's the lack of transparency? Mountain out of a mole-hill.

If Glen does work for WEC then he'll obviously be declaring a prejudicial interest when any possible WEC takeover is discussed by the BRAG Committee.

I've been a Local Government Committee Officer for the last 10 years and that's as clear a prej interest as I've ever seen.

Archived