BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

• Backroom

Not being funny PAFELL, but if you've had PM's of support from people but they won't back you up publicly that's pretty cowardly on their part. It's pixels on a screen ffs. If they'd rather let you take all the abuse whilst they hide in the shadows it doesn't say much about their convictions or character.

Just sayin', like.

Besides of that, in regards to the FF post being put on the website I'm not sure whether it's good or bad.

Good in a way that the club appear to be paying attention to at least one group.... but bad because it could alienate the FF from the other groups, which may not be helpful to the overall cause.

Ultimately the Rovers "board" seem to have little to no influence with our MIA overlords anyway so maybe it doesn't matter at all.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart, I always look for your posts because they are usually humerous and get a point over. But, IMO, as I'm trying to point out, there has to be room for alternative views and I found his posts tested the argument for fans buyout very well. Surely debate is about honing an idea to a satisfactory conclusion and you need views from as many people as possible to ultimately achieve this.

I'm more than happy to listen to alternative views - in fact, this is my exact point. What I'm not happy to do is listen (read) endless posts saying the same "no alternative to doing nothing".

If you consider me a reasonable poster, then also consider why a reasonable poster is getting so frustrated.

Everything is deemed to be hopeless, yet if someone tries to do something visible/tangible, they are slated. Some people are anti-protest, anti-fan-buy-out, anti-Glen-Mullan, anti-hope.

I very much hope that whatever the FF are working on (although reading between the lines from Tom's comments certainly not much as a collective) and their statement has been like a pebble thrown into the sea. Also the pressure Kamy is trying to keep on within the Indian media (Bravo, by the way - and has created a great thread) I would love to have an impact.

These are proper alternatives worth discussing, and although I'm not convinced either will have the desired effect, they are worth looking at.

Our options as far as I see it:

1) Do Nothing.

Sit. Hope. Pray. That Venkys change their position and fund the club. Not looking likely, is it?

2) Not only do nothing, but actively encourage people that doing nothing is for the best. Tell them as often as you can and from as many angles. And when they ask you to offer an alternative to doing nothing...?

Nothing.

3) Protest and make people know we are still very angry at what has happened to our club.

Why bother? The media already know. Their agenda was the news story about Kean, following it to it's natural conclusion, as it has done hundreds of times before. Poor results. Patience. Owner backing. Poorer results. Fans get anti. Pressure in the media grows. Vote of confidence. Results still don't see the league position improvign. Manager sacked. "Wait, what's that now? He's been given a new contract you say? Oh, there's nothing in Journo 101 about that, and there's an agent involved. Phew, thank goodness that's not my club. Let's move on to something else."

If anything the protest organisers appear to have realised this and have moved on to...

4) Plan for relegation

However this is portrayed by certain parties, the facts are: a group of fans have grabbed hold of an idea where it may be possible to put together a bid for the club. Now this has been largely, and probably rightly, poo-poo'd as being unfeasible due to the lack of funds from your average Rovers fan - and also questions over it's long term viability. Fine, I get that. However, someone is testing the status quo and at the very least, they may just come away with:

i. Concrete, first hand, proof of how Venkys deal with a bid. (Let's face it, the Qatari bid is still a lot of hearsay and ITK-ishness).

ii. Potentially provide some addition help in refining the bid such that it is possible to have a partial fan ownership

iii. Maybe, just maybe, provide a business case of some description - maybe it seems impossible now but a lot of things have seemed impossible until someone actually tried

iv. Catch the eye of someone who does have the funds to "help out"

v. Prompt said "someone" to make an alternative bid

Let's at least give some kudos for the likes of Dan for trying to push a great big boulder up a very steep hill, rather than laughing as it squashes him after a couple of revolutions.

Hopefully I've made my point. I'm sure you can see which I prefer most and which I prefer least.

Guys,I like a cat fight as much as the next person,but without taking sides may I just say both sides of the argument honestly feel that they are right and are more than prepared to argue their respective views as we can see by the last couple of pages.

Instead of falling out with each other could we not take a couple of minutes to consider that if a person is willing to passionately argue a point, then they are as sure as yourself that their view is right. Instead of becoming anger locked ,take a moment and consider their point. To achieve anything we need to compromise sometimes.....Here endeth the lesson . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Having worked hard in the 70s to help the Club....when it was having difficulty even with its Utility bills...it is so upsetting to be 3000 miles from home(Belgrade today)

It hurts like hell,and its amazing who you meet many miles from home who can talk for hours about supporting the Rovers(a guy from Osbaldeston this morning!)

We have said that it only seems to be us Supporters that are really hurting,and in Blackburn it will be more than hurting.But please there are doers and there are complainers. All power to Glen for his leadership,all encouragement to BRST and BRAG.Thanks to Daniel Grabko cos we need expertise. Its complicated,we need a moneyed Leader,we need Supporters to hold a 'golden' Share,we still need to buy our Season Tickets next year....AND we need to stick together in one form or another.Keep the Faith.

I'm more than happy to listen to alternative views - in fact, this is my exact point. What I'm not happy to do is listen (read) endless posts saying the same "no alternative to doing nothing".

If you consider me a reasonable poster, then also consider why a reasonable poster is getting so frustrated.

Everything is deemed to be hopeless, yet if someone tries to do something visible/tangible, they are slated. Some people are anti-protest, anti-fan-buy-out, anti-Glen-Mullan, anti-hope.

I very much hope that whatever the FF are working on (although reading between the lines from Tom's comments certainly not much as a collective) and their statement has been like a pebble thrown into the sea. Also the pressure Kamy is trying to keep on within the Indian media (Bravo, by the way - and has created a great thread) I would love to have an impact.

These are proper alternatives worth discussing, and although I'm not convinced either will have the desired effect, they are worth looking at.

Our options as far as I see it:

1) Do Nothing.

Sit. Hope. Pray. That Venkys change their position and fund the club. Not looking likely, is it?

2) Not only do nothing, but actively encourage people that doing nothing is for the best. Tell them as often as you can and from as many angles. And when they ask you to offer an alternative to doing nothing...?

Nothing.

3) Protest and make people know we are still very angry at what has happened to our club.

Why bother? The media already know. Their agenda was the news story about Kean, following it to it's natural conclusion, as it has done hundreds of times before. Poor results. Patience. Owner backing. Poorer results. Fans get anti. Pressure in the media grows. Vote of confidence. Results still don't see the league position improvign. Manager sacked. "Wait, what's that now? He's been given a new contract you say? Oh, there's nothing in Journo 101 about that, and there's an agent involved. Phew, thank goodness that's not my club. Let's move on to something else."

If anything the protest organisers appear to have realised this and have moved on to...

4) Plan for relegation

However this is portrayed by certain parties, the facts are: a group of fans have grabbed hold of an idea where it may be possible to put together a bid for the club. Now this has been largely, and probably rightly, poo-poo'd as being unfeasible due to the lack of funds from your average Rovers fan - and also questions over it's long term viability. Fine, I get that. However, someone is testing the status quo and at the very least, they may just come away with:

i. Concrete, first hand, proof of how Venkys deal with a bid. (Let's face it, the Qatari bid is still a lot of hearsay and ITK-ishness).

ii. Potentially provide some addition help in refining the bid such that it is possible to have a partial fan ownership

iii. Maybe, just maybe, provide a business case of some description - maybe it seems impossible now but a lot of things have seemed impossible until someone actually tried

iv. Catch the eye of someone who does have the funds to "help out"

v. Prompt said "someone" to make an alternative bid

Let's at least give some kudos for the likes of Dan for trying to push a great big boulder up a very steep hill, rather than laughing as it squashes him after a couple of revolutions.

Hopefully I've made my point. I'm sure you can see which I prefer most and which I prefer least.

I do not believe the Qatar interest was hearsay. Mainly because I respect those who were involved on here. I may not always agree with what they post. But I do NOT believe they lied when they said there was serious interest in rovers from Qatar. I believe there was interest and venkys turned it down.

I also believe venkys were offered an extremely good deal. But they turned it down. That in itself is significant imo. It means they will not sell cheaply to anybody.

I do not believe the Qatar interest was hearsay. Mainly because I respect those who were involved on here. I may not always agree with what they post. But I do NOT believe they lied when they said there was serious interest in rovers from Qatar. I believe there was interest and venkys turned it down.

I also believe venkys were offered an extremely good deal. But they turned it down. That in itself is significant imo. It means they will not sell cheaply to anybody.

No it doesn't. It means they wouldn't sell cheaply to the Qataris.

You make an awful lot of assumptions and argue them as factual. No-one knows what Venky's will do next.

No it doesn't. It means they wouldn't sell cheaply to the Qataris.

You make an awful lot of assumptions and argue them as factual. No-one knows what Venky's will do next.

Correct, there is the actual answer to all the bickering. Hence, supposition and heresay are rife!

Whilst I too place a lot of worth in the comments of Philip and Kamy, and I also believe that after lot of bloody hard work and lobbying the Qataris were moved enough to make an approach. However we know absolutely nothing about the details of the offer or level of genuine interest in owning BRFC.

If they were that serious they would have made more of an effort, and not taken no for an answer. In my opinion.

I trust you had no other issues with my post.

Everybody just needs to forget about Qatar,

We have a situation now were we can take are club back but yet there still is moaning and bitching like kids,

Come on we are all rovers together it's time we stuck together in this situation and push these scum bags out are club,

Blackburn rovers can be a fans club, it can be done, venky's will have to sell if we get so many aboard!!

I'm asking you all to come aboard for the villa game, everyone to be together as one, we all want are rovers back and now we have chance so let's be haveing you all

Www.brfcactiongroup.org.uk

Please let's all just save are club here,

One for all, all for one

Jack walker will want us all to stand together and save the club

Villa game we need everyone on board,

Thanks to Wayne wild we can get are club back

So come on everybody,

We shouldn't have to rally troops it's rovers, it's are love

Everybody just needs to forget about Qatar,

We have a situation now were we can take are club back but yet there still is moaning and bitching like kids,

Come on we are all rovers together it's time we stuck together in this situation and push these scum bags out are club,

Blackburn rovers can be a fans club, it can be done, venky's will have to sell if we get so many aboard!!

I'm asking you all to come aboard for the villa game, everyone to be together as one, we all want are rovers back and now we have chance so let's be haveing you all

Www.brfcactiongroup.org.uk

Please let's all just save are club here,

One for all, all for one

Jack walker will want us all to stand together and save the club

Villa game we need everyone on board,

Thanks to Wayne wild we can get are club back

So come on everybody,

We shouldn't have to rally troops it's rovers, it's are love

You really believe this? Please explain why you would come to a conclusion like that, I would honestly love to know.

You really believe this? Please explain why you would come to a conclusion like that, I would honestly love to know.

Love to no about fans takeing over club, it can be done!

I'm not hear to argue and slate like half folk do on here I'm here to get everyone together and work together and stand by each other, which is what we need to do,

Venky's will be reading these pages along with Steve absorlute cocking there sides at the bickering, no wonder nothing has been done,

We are ment to be small community want best for club and local area it's time people started fighting for the cause, or is it not worth fighting for????

Have you checked out Wayne's website roost?? If not I suggest you do!!

It's are club we need to be united as one!!!

Whilst I too place a lot of worth in the comments of Philip and Kamy, and I also believe that after lot of bloody hard work and lobbying the Qataris were moved enough to make an approach. However we know absolutely nothing about the details of the offer or level of genuine interest in owning BRFC.

If they were that serious they would have made more of an effort, and not taken no for an answer. In my opinion.

Might be wrong but reading between the lines the best fit is that the qatari's simply used as a stalking horse to panic/entice the owners of a.n. other club to the negotiating table in a 'positive' frame of mind.

So 1 man is going to get our club back ??

Have you read the statement and website??

It's fans take over the club which can be done if you look round and google it you will find the biggest clubs in Europe have fan ownership so have Swansea and few other clubs,

Wayne is the one who has took the step to do something like this and open it up to fans if they actualy want to save the club, it's an option what is a lot better than 3 week ago when we had nothing!

Everyone still chatting about Qatar, get real, there is an option on table now for everyone to do something, I advise you to take a look at the website and fill in the questionnaire what's on the site

Or take a look on here aswell for more info www.brfcactiongroup.org.uk

Have you read the statement and website??

It's fans take over the club which can be done if you look round and google it you will find the biggest clubs in Europe have fan ownership so have Swansea and few other clubs,

Wayne is the one who has took the step to do something like this and open it up to fans if they actualy want to save the club, it's an option what is a lot better than 3 week ago when we had nothing!

Everyone still chatting about Qatar, get real, there is an option on table now for everyone to do something, I advise you to take a look at the website and fill in the questionnaire what's on the site

Or take a look on here aswell for more info www.brfcactiongroup.org.uk

Yes I have.

Already read the website, filled in the questionaire and already joined the action group site.

As i read it the only way this could happen is if the club get relegated. Why dont we try and work out someway to stop that happening first ?? KEAN OUT was the initial target of the protest, this was to enable premiership survival. Have you given up ??

What is the point of BRAG these days? What are the aims?

With the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust now on the scene, are they just its militant wing?

When the protests were being organised, folk like Glen Mullan did a great job. To me, they have now retreated up their own backsides, 'committees', 'open meetings' and so on.

Why do we need a combination of BRAG, BRST, BRSIT, FF and so on, all with their small powerbases not landing a glove on the owners.

Yes I have.

Already read the website, filled in the questionaire and already joined the action group site.

As i read it the only way this could happen is if the club get relegated. Why dont we try and work out someway to stop that happening first ?? KEAN OUT was the initial target of the protest, this was to enable premiership survival. Have you given up ??

No not at all everyone wants kean out as much as venky's and I don't agree with letting pressure off him to be perfectly onist with you, cause in my eyes he is in with them in some way, if he wasn't he would of been sacked or he would have the balls to come out and tell the lieing scum baf!!

But as we all no venky's aren't going to doing anything manager wise so if we can push them out and hurt them by giving them the worst name possible, that might just cause them to sell!!

But we all need to get together and stand by each other, instead of people calling brag and calling others for doing something to save club,

We all want rovers in league and not in this situation owner money and fan wise with the poxy argueing what goes on, it's primary school stuff, it's are club and town,

If its not wearth saving then people shouldn't be on forums going to ground or anything!!

One for all, all for one, we stand together,

Will you be attending the protest against villa (hopefully you will) its all about supporters takeing back the club

www.brfcactiongroup.org.uk

What is the point of BRAG these days? What are the aims?

With the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust now on the scene, are they just its militant wing?

When the protests were being organised, folk like Glen Mullan did a great job. To me, they have now retreated up their own backsides, 'committees', 'open meetings' and so on.

Why do we need a combination of BRAG, BRST, BRSIT, FF and so on, all with their small powerbases not landing a glove on the owners.

Everyone are trying there balls off to make contact but they won't have none of it so we all need to stand by each other and get these clowns out matty, stop with Argueing and getting on with saving the club from these tools,

We have an option now so we need to push it and we can get are club back!!!

Archived