BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

Ste I take issue with your post in the fact the election were posted on the website and FB. So was the criteria so your comment about the elections are wide of the mark to say the least. As for our members I personally have only the majority through the action taken by BRAG nor do I know Glen personally. It is my opinion that everyone who was nominated or could have been nominated would have been given more than a fair chance.

Irrelevant of the above groups need to unite and the sooner the better. Instead of derailing one and other. BRAG have there vision which covers many avenues and will put out in the next couple of weeks.

One which provides the fans a clear view of our end goal and shows we are not just about protests but what we believe is in the best interests of BRFC.

Should anyone wish to talk to me about please feel free to do so either by DM, in person or ask for my number and I'll talk to you

Not sure what there is to take issue with ? I said that I'd known about the criteria and even taken part in it ! Glen didn't obviously and there is the problem none of the groups are reaching the majority of fans.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom the problem I see with the trust is that certain members of FF are trying get on the committee and therefore it could dilute or even weaken the position the trust has to take in terms of the middle ground.

But the facts are clear for us all to see any action in whatever way must be done withone voice which ever side of the fence we sit on

And members of the FF should be able to get on the commitee if enough people back them. Surely thats the point, that all views are represented.

The stated aims of the Trust are:

"Blackburn Rovers Supporters Trust, if given the go ahead, would provide a voice for fans within a recognised and democratic organisation that, with the correct leadership and strong membership, could influence things at the top level.

Our ultimate aim is to one day have an elected representative at board level at the club."

My concerns would be. Having a seat on the board? What board? The trust aims to influence things at the top level, but if no-one at Ewood is listening, then this again is doomed to failure.

I thought they were business people, disgusting attitude,

Its like saying our customers don't like us so we will not give them what they want

You have it there in a nutshell for me, Yoda. I feel like the customer who dared to complain about a terrible dish in a restaurant, only for the chef to spit in it back in the kitchen.

I wont add too much to this thead but I keep reading the Fans Forum is trying a different approach, 5 months later, can you explain what this approach is???

As for the life of me, I just cant see what it is unless I'm missing something, Think carefully before you answer too, as I will get clarification of this tomorrow from the club,

Glen I think you need to look again at your comment at not being able to stand for a place on the BRAG. The positions were open to anyone who were endorsed by five people. Then it was voted for by fans.

BRAG is a fans group elected by fans and there is no membership of the group so anyone could have been nominated and voted for either on the website or on the night if you attended the meeting.

If you wish to stand next year please free as the committee is elected Annually by the fans.

I'm just grumpy that I didn't know I could stand until it was too late. I genuinely feel BRAGs long term aims are pretty good. The problem is so many view you as a short term protest movement focused on a single issue. It was my hope that somebody (well, actually several people) who could balance things a little would massively improve things.

I think the supporters trust needs to come into this gap personally.

BRAG is forming well for what it is but will still be seen as the more militant group by a lot, what is needed is a neutral group and I think BRST would be a perfect fit where anyone can join with an elected committee, if that isn't something the organisers want to do then somebody send out the BRISA signal!

Well, as I mentioned, several of us have offered to step in and get it rolling, though most of us have no aspirations to stay involved (other than supporters) once it can stand on it's own.

considering two days before he criticised the protests in his blog he would never have got on tbh. he doesn't agree with the brag. however if there is a seat on a committee some people will take it no matter what

... and that is the problem. You misread the intents of my blog (which may not be your fault) and certainly misread my views on BRAG. I'll admit that I feel the protests have run their course and no longer serve a purpose and possibly could now be making things worse. That doesn't mean I was against them (or for them particularly either) up to this point. But there in lies your problem (and I'm not saying this to score points or win arguments, I'm genuinely saying it because I want BRAG to succeed, so I need to be honest), comments like that are precisely why you're going to struggle to lose your "single issue" tag and will always be seen as a group of protesters, not a universal supporters group. Your mind is made up that somebody who dared question whether the protests still have a point, would be unable to gain enough support to get elected, surely the members decide the direction you take, rather than the direction dictate who should be members.

Tom the problem I see with the trust is that certain members of FF are trying get on the committee and therefore it could dilute or even weaken the position the trust has to take in terms of the middle ground.

I think everyone I know that's on the FF, that's also offered to help BRST get moving, have actually stated they have no desire whatsoever to be involved once the thing is up and running (actually there is one that may consider it, but none of you would guess who it was)..

But the facts are clear for us all to see any action in whatever way must be done withone voice which ever side of the fence we sit on

I whole heartedly agree. But that's going to take a hell of a lot of work, olive branches and patience.

You have it there in a nutshell for me, Yoda. I feel like the customer who dared to complain about a terrible dish in a restaurant, only for the chef to spit in it back in the kitchen.

I don't think even treat us as disgruntled customers . It's more like their employees or the chicken crap on their shoe.

Instead of trying to score points on each other shouldn't we just meet to try and find a middle ground. Then we can speak with one voice and try and sort this mess out!

I am hoping once we formerly issue our constitution it will show people we are not the militant group we have been made out to be.

If people want talk with as stated previously I am always available.

May I also add that as BRAG is in its infancy we do not have the contacts or finances to reach the masses. So as the group grows we welcome everyone to join or to share ideas.

If the above is correct and BRAG has frequently spoken of unity and representing fans could you explain the quote below from the BRAG Facebook page on Sunday Fenruary 12th. In particular I'm interested to understand how the first two sentences stack up with "we welcome everyone to join"

**********************************************************************************************************************************

"Anybody is in the pathetic group put together by this pathetic man by midday tomorrow will be instantly removed from the action group and will not be welcome in any future action group activities

This group is a deliberate attempt to undermine the work of hundreds of supporters over the last 5 months and derail the only genuine attempts to preserve the clubs long term future.

That particular gro...ups organisers are just as bad as Venkys if not worse, and they are intent on damaging our club on these shores, whilst Venkys do it from India.

The Action Groups committee has provisionally agreed a meeting with Chief Executive of Blackburn Rovers which will happen before the next home game, whilst the group is heavily involved in a potential takeover bid being led by Wayne Wild, this is in full conjunction with the Action Group.

The progress in the last 72 hours has been immense and for the first time the appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, together we stand - divided we fall

Its time to take our club back

Glen Mullan"

Ff has an elected committee. How many distinct voters voted in the election ? Given you all had 8 votes each.

Far more than voted the FF, but as Simon says and we have all been saying for months, its about time supporters worked together instead of taking their greivances out on each other. The supporters are not the issue, and never have been. Once people realise this we can all move forward and try and do something constructove as a unified group of supporters,

Supporters should want to do this for the club, and not for themselves.

Everyday supporters argue amonst themsleves, Venkys roll around on their backs, as they take great pleasure on seeing the direction deflected from them.

If the above is correct and BRAG has frequently spoken of unity and representing fans could you explain the quote below from the BRAG Facebook page on Sunday Fenruary 12th. In particular I'm interested to understand how the first two sentences stack up with "we welcome everyone to join" or is that everyone who agrees with us?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

"Anybody is in the pathetic group put together by this pathetic man by midday tomorrow will be instantly removed from the action group and will not be welcome in any future action group activities

This group is a deliberate attempt to undermine the work of hundreds of supporters over the last 5 months and derail the only genuine attempts to preserve the clubs long term future.

That particular gro...ups organisers are just as bad as Venkys if not worse, and they are intent on damaging our club on these shores, whilst Venkys do it from India.

The Action Groups committee has provisionally agreed a meeting with Chief Executive of Blackburn Rovers which will happen before the next home game, whilst the group is heavily involved in a potential takeover bid being led by Wayne Wild, this is in full conjunction with the Action Group.

The progress in the last 72 hours has been immense and for the first time the appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, together we stand - divided we fall

Its time to take our club back

Glen Mullan"

I see you are still trying to pointb score despite knowing the truth??/

This statement was not written by me for one as my computer was broke so I take great exception to you once again trying to put a quote out that was not written on my facebook,

secondly this statement if I remember correctly was aimed at a group which had written a remit to oppose the action group, and was also stating the group had not done anything since the Bolton game, to the discust of the group in question. This particular group wanted to endorse illegal activity, which is something the action group will not condone. So before you look for the odd statement please back it up with the FACTS

It was written by Mark Fish

I'm not trying to point score I'm trying to get to the bottom of things

I see you are still trying to pointb score despite knowing the truth??/

This statement was not written by me for one as my computer was broke so I take great exception to you once again trying to put a quote out that was not written on my facebook,

secondly this statement if I remember correctly was aimed at a group which had written a remit to oppose the action group, and was also stating the group had not done anything since the Bolton game, to the discust of the group in question. This particular group wanted to endorse illegal activity, which is something the action group will not condone. So before you look for the odd statement please back it up with the FACTS

Knowing the truth about what? There is a lot of rumour going around about BRAG, there are statements all over the place, there is a Facebook page that has been sanitised. Just what the hell is going on. People have a right to know.

Just to be clear the quote if from the BRAG Facebook page which was cleaned up and then removed in the last few days

Its simple the action group has no interest in illegal, or political activity, Its also not a protest group far from it, There are plemty of irons in the fire, and we do not want people trying to de-rail the movement of protecting out club, with slanderous and untrue remarks (Thats another story which The Times newspaper will cover next week)

Dead simple answer to all this let's sit down round a table and sort this mess out!

Personally I'm sick of all the back biting and fighting! We all want the same thing. Yes I have been guilty of it before I am criticised or pulled up on it.

Talk is cheap and therefore our actions speak louder than words.

When is best to meet reps or all the FF and other forums?

Knowing the truth about what? There is a lot of rumour going around about BRAG, there are statements all over the place, there is a Facebook page that has been sanitised. Just what the hell is going on. People have a right to know.

Im lead to believe that certain individuals have spoken to you regarding how things started etc, and for their benefit I wont disclose this on a message board unless you want to keep probing me??

The Action group is, and has always been transparent, there is not a question you can ask, we will not answer, and to say otherwise os wide of the mark. We have an open floor meeting on saturday which you are more than welcome to attend, as i think your time could be put to far more use, than to slate on a daily basis a group who are fighting tooth and nail for our great club

Its simple the action group has no interest in illegal, or political activity, Its also not a protest group far from it, There are plemty of irons in the fire, and we do not want people trying to de-rail the movement of protecting out club, with slanderous and untrue remarks (Thats another story which The Times newspaper will cover next week)

What are the irons in the fire, and the story in the times next week?

What are the irons in the fire, and the story in the times next week?

We did an in depth article with them today, about rovers plight, so I guess we will have to see how they report it, as it was them who instigated it, I just hope they cover it as we explained it

Agree that working together is the way forward at a sit down face to face is they way to start that

We have been promoting this for months, its others who are showing reluctance, but our door is always open. as we search for untiy

Archived