BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers said last week that they have paid this.

think Dundee United did confirm this aswell.

I read it that that was the first payment and people are talking about the second?

Just watched SSN article about Portsmouth and I feel sick, very sick. One dramatically bad owner led to multiple owners incapable of solving the problems. Employees of the club have been made redundant twice. Many local businesses are out of pocket substantially and will never see their monies due to them. Now a supporters group is desperately trying to find another new buyer. A fan stating something about trying to "raise every penny" from people outside the area really stuck in the mind, as did him mentioning a "massive success, we've raised £3000 In just 3 days". Also there was the local politician justifying not being able to give public money to a cause which would give the voters no financial return. Food for thought is the biggest understatement I could ever produce.

Just watched SSN article about Portsmouth and I feel sick, very sick. One dramatically bad owner led to multiple owners incapable of solving the problems. Employees of the club have been made redundant twice. Many local businesses are out of pocket substantially and will never see their monies due to them. Now a supporters group is desperately trying to find another new buyer. A fan stating something about trying to "raise every penny" from people outside the area really stuck in the mind, as did him mentioning a "massive success, we've raised £3000 In just 3 days". Also there was the local politician justifying not being able to give public money to a cause which would give the voters no financial return. Food for thought is the biggest understatement I could ever produce.

So Guydamak is snaffling the parachute payments? Is anybody really suprised about that? Where Pompey go today we could quite easily follow tomorrow.

I wonder if Pompey have a legal case against the FA for their abject 'Fit and Proper' checks?

How on earth does this work? Can anyone shed some light? As I understand it Guydamak wants his money back for buying the club* What the blazes??!

If I buy a car, drive it for 16 months like an idiot, smash it up a bit and then take it back to where I bought it from and ask for a full refund what would happen?

Is this buying a football club lark "risk free" if the club goes to the wall?

(* As stated on TalkSport yesterday - those guys really are the pits. There's a club going to the wall here, a community. Adrian Durham just found it funny. The fact that West Ham will presumably lose 6 points they gained for doing the double over Pompey is clearly hillarious and far more important.)

Yeah but they dress it up as a loan from them to the business. Eddie Davies has the same type of situation at notlob. He will get his money back if the worst happened to them.

The difference between Davies and the pompey owners is that Davies cares about Bolton whereas the previous pompey owners couldn't care less about them. Even Venky's are not as bad as Pompey's previous owners.

It's important to note many of these big spending owners, such as Abramovich, are providing interest free loans to their clubs. What happens when they get bored and want their money back? Are they going to be happy to write off all of the money they leant to their club? Doubt it.

I don't see how pompey can survive this. Terrible times for them. But they'll be the first of many.

Even Venky's are not as bad as Pompey's previous owners.

I don't see how pompey can survive this. Terrible times for them. But they'll be the first of many.

For me the jury's still out on the first bit because I agree with your last sentence. Anxious times.

Even Venky's are not as bad as Pompey's previous owners.

For me the jury's still out on the first bit because I agree with your last sentence. Anxious times.

I wonder if Pompey have a legal case against the FA for their abject 'Fit and Proper' checks?

How many times are people going to bring this 'Fit and Proper' nonsense up?

It has nothing to do with how much money they have, or if they have the best intentions for the club, or if they have any idea of how a football club operates. Fit and Proper simply means they are legally entitled to own the club, and nothing more.

With the amount of clubs that are in trouble you would think the FA / prem etc would do what they could to avert such situations.

But it is obvious the football business is nothing but a dog eat dog situation. Neither the FA or the prem care. After all if a club goes bust, there will be another to take its place. But until the obscene players wages is addressed, nothing will change.

At the end of the day it is the fans who are paying these wages, fans who are keeping clubs afloat by going to matches and buying other stuff. Having just had a ressession, everybody having to take cuts here and there. Players wages have not been touched. Bank bonuses have been highlighted - yet players are immune from it all.

How on earth does this work? Can anyone shed some light? As I understand it Guydamak wants his money back for buying the club* What the blazes??!

If I buy a car, drive it for 16 months like an idiot, smash it up a bit and then take it back to where I bought it from and ask for a full refund what would happen?

(* As stated on TalkSport yesterday - those guys really are the pits. There's a club going to the wall here, a community. Adrian Durham just found it funny. The fact that West Ham will presumably lose 6 points they gained for doing the double over Pompey is clearly hillarious and far more important.)

Adrian Durham is a wind up merchant with the job solely of getting people to ring Talkshite! He disagrees with everything Goughy says so that people get wound up and flustered and call in to berate him!

He has no football knowledge and only gets air time because he plays the bad guy! He hates SA and Pulis with a passion because of the tag they have each been given by the media.

Feel so sorry for Portsmouth fans. It was on the radio yesterday that it could be their last ever game on Saturday! Gutted for them. More so than a couple of years ago! Think this has experience has brought reality crashing down for me.

The second £250,000 is due to Dundee today... anyone know if this has gone through?

Well that explains it then.....Now we know why Dundee UTD have been complaining to the SFA about Rovers non-payments;.... the money has been going to their bitter rivals just across the road.....Dundee FC.The two grounds (Tannardyce...Dundee U.) and Dens Park (Dundee FC) are quite literally "just across the road" and are only about 100 yards apart'

Oh and for those who are wondering how this strange state of affairs came about the answer is the jolly old Scottish problem of Catholics v "Proddys" (see also Celtic v Rangers, and Hibs v Hearts). Pathetic or what? :rolleyes:

With the amount of clubs that are in trouble you would think the FA / prem etc would do what they could to avert such situations.

But it is obvious the football business is nothing but a dog eat dog situation. Neither the FA or the prem care. After all if a club goes bust, there will be another to take its place. But until the obscene players wages is addressed, nothing will change.

At the end of the day it is the fans who are paying these wages, fans who are keeping clubs afloat by going to matches and buying other stuff. Having just had a ressession, everybody having to take cuts here and there. Players wages have not been touched. Bank bonuses have been highlighted - yet players are immune from it all.

I find it amazing that a wage cap has never been introduced by FIFA! The whole of football should be capped at 50k a week wages and if Ronaldo, Messi and all the other big time charlies, don't like it, (Please don't use that word again) off and find a new career!

Same should be done for maximum transfer fee! Bring football back down to at least some kind of normality! Football should be about a league where anything could happen. I'm bored of the superclubs and no one else matters!

I'm not a hard or violent man by any means but I would love to spark Adrian Durham out.

So Guydamak is snaffling the parachute payments? Is anybody really suprised about that? Where Pompey go today we could quite easily follow tomorrow.

Well if they haven't they damn-well should have and so should we as well. :angry2:

Does anyone know how the number of teams in each league would be addressed if Pompy do vanish (really hope they don't) would be addressed? Will they relegate 1 less team in the championship (with the same amount coming up).

It seems impratically to bring an extra team up from League1 as then they would need to do the same for League1, then the conference and so on.

Does anyone know how the number of teams in each league would be addressed if Pompy do vanish (really hope they don't) would be addressed? Will they relegate 1 less team in the championship (with the same amount coming up).

It seems impratically to bring an extra team up from League1 as then they would need to do the same for League1, then the conference and so on.

Surely the bottom scenario would have to happen regardless of the method chosen?

If they relegate one less team from the Championship but the same number come up from League One, then League One will be a team short.

To keep the numbers the same in the Championship they have to take a team from League One, which will probably have a knock-on effect down the leagues to at least Conference Premier.

Surely the bottom scenario would have to happen regardless of the method chosen?

If they relegate one less team from the Championship but the same number come up from League One, then League One will be a team short.

To keep the numbers the same in the Championship they have to take a team from League One, which will probably have a knock-on effect down the leagues to at least Conference Premier.

It does seem the only way to a non-educated me - without a numbers restructuring of the league too.

Probably financed it through personal loans to Pompey which would be secured by a debenture, therefore, he'll be at the head of the queue.

Initially, if I recollect correctly, Jack financed Rovers same way and then converted loans to shares thereby, essentially, waving goodbye to his money !!! A true supporter !!!

Well that explains it then.....Now we know why Dundee UTD have been complaining to the SFA about Rovers non-payments;.... the money has been going to their bitter rivals just across the road.....Dundee FC.The two grounds (Tannardyce...Dundee U.) and Dens Park (Dundee FC) are quite literally "just across the road" and are only about 100 yards apart'

Oh and for those who are wondering how this strange state of affairs came about the answer is the jolly old Scottish problem of Catholics v "Proddys" (see also Celtic v Rangers, and Hibs v Hearts). Pathetic or what? :rolleyes:

I stand corrected!

How many times are people going to bring this 'Fit and Proper' nonsense up?

It has nothing to do with how much money they have, or if they have the best intentions for the club, or if they have any idea of how a football club operates. Fit and Proper simply means they are legally entitled to own the club, and nothing more.

Oh. Right. Thanks Captain.

This might shed some light onto things.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/9118672/Portsmouth-administrator-Trevor-Birch-clears-up-confusion-over-Premier-League-parachute-payments.html

And now for my personal 'beef'. The use of the term invest, investment or investor when employed to describe people putting money put into football clubs.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/invest?q=invest

Archived