BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

Has that fecker Nixon had the decency to admit he backed the wrong horse yet? Personally I doubt it having crossed swords with him in the past when he was proven completely wrong about Brad Friedel staying at BRFC. He's just another press dog grubbing around and digging dirt for a living. He's not been back as much since he so obviously sold out to the Fat Controller last Dec / Jan has he?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing in the article about replacing the players sold.

I question this article as venkys have not been communicating about their plans for the club.

Why question it Parfell? Thus far Venkys have sold senior professionals and, with the exception of the Yak, replaced them with inferior players Cost cutting has been the order of the day since they arrived and I have no doubt it will continue in the summer. Desai has no interest in Blackburn Rovers, merely in making money, or at least not losing more money than she needs to. The fact that the likes of Roberts, Nelsen, Salgado and Andrews have all been unable to play due to contract issues tells you all you need to know about Desai and her way of operating. The welfare of the club doesn't appear to be at the forefront of her thinking to say the least.

This article made me want to punch walls and set fire to myself. So angry that words fail me :angry2:

As close to openly reporting an asset strip as is possible..... yet the press and media are still against the supporters. The Fat Controller has em eating out of his hand for some reason. <_<

Why question it Parfell? Thus far Venkys have sold senior professionals and, with the exception of the Yak, replaced them with inferior players Cost cutting has been the order of the day since they arrived and I have no doubt it will continue in the summer. Desai has no interest in Blackburn Rovers, merely in making money, or at least not losing more money than she needs to. The fact that the likes of Roberts, Nelsen, Salgado and Andrews have all been unable to play due to contract issues tells you all you need to know about Desai and her way of operating. The welfare of the club doesn't appear to be at the forefront of her thinking to say the least.

All true, but the only 3 periods I can think of in modern times when we have replaced first teamers with better players were all of Kenny's reign, Souness's first 2 years, and Hughes' reign. Other than that, with the odd hit-and-hope gem from nowhere such as N'Zonzi, we have always sold good players and replaced with average or poor. Hughes was unprecedented in my view of replacing Dickov with Bellamy, Bellamy with Benni and then RSC.

All true, but the only 3 periods I can think of in modern times when we have replaced first teamers with better players were all of Kenny's reign, Souness's first 2 years, and Hughes' reign. Other than that, with the odd hit-and-hope gem from nowhere such as N'Zonzi, we have always sold good players and replaced with average or poor. Hughes was unprecedented in my view of replacing Dickov with Bellamy, Bellamy with Benni and then RSC.

I agree Bellamy was a step up from Dickov but Benni and RSC weren't a step up from Bellamy.

One reason I question it - although I would not put it past venkys to act in this way - is if venkys are not communicating. Where has this information come from? If venkys are to break their silence - do we think they would start with the Sunday People.

The article could have course be bang on. If true, it wouldn't be good for anybody wanting to buy the club - if venkys sold. A new owner would have to buy the club and then fund a huge transfer budget, just to get a squad together for whatever division the club is in.

One reason I question it - although I would not put it past venkys to act in this way - is if venkys are not communicating. Where has this information come from? If venkys are to break their silence - do we think they would start with the Sunday People.

The article could have course be bang on. If true, it wouldn't be good for anybody wanting to buy the club - if venkys sold. A new owner would have to buy the club and then fund a huge transfer budget, just to get a squad together for whatever division the club is in.

To me obvious were the stories are coming from, just think of it as trying to take attention away from the manager and his mate's role in the disaster unfolding and shoving the blame solely on Venkys, also take into account who got the keys to the safe taken off him and by whom. Maybe there's some fire fighting going on before the flames start.

Surely this " Fire-Sale" is in direct contravention of some of the terms of the ageement between Venkies and our previous owners. The silence from the trust speaks volumes.

The Trust could actually sue them over these broken promises. Unfortunately for us, they have no interest in doing so. We are in a bad situation until Mrs Day decides to sell.

How can we get Mrs Day to sell? No idea.

From that link:

"Rovers may try to head off a crisis with contract rebel Junior Hoilett by offering him a bumper deal to stay - and a share of the profit if they sell him in the summer."

WTF?? Why would he sign and turn "when he leaves in the Summer" into "if he leaves in the Summer".

If these people are really trying things like this they really are deluded.

Absolutely beggars belief. Stories like this seemed designed to turn fans away.

:blink:

There is something very disturbing about all this.

From that link:

"Rovers may try to head off a crisis with contract rebel Junior Hoilett by offering him a bumper deal to stay - and a share of the profit if they sell him in the summer."

WTF?? Why would he sign and turn "when he leaves in the Summer" into "if he leaves in the Summer".

If these people are really trying things like this they really are deluded.

Absolutely beggars belief. Stories like this seemed designed to turn fans away.

:blink:

There is something very disturbing about all this.

Nicko's article is extremely inaccurate, compare what he says to Nick Harris' numbers regarding our financial situation. Nicko was similarly inaccurate with his figures regarding Kean's new contract where he spouted off figures that simply didn't add up. There may be truth in this, but definitely not a lot of it.

I'll give you a clue DMTP..... Lift any ponies tail and what do you see? Hindsight is NOT a wonderful thing, foresight is! Some have one some the other. It wouldn't do you any harm to concede that point. ;)

btw HINDSIGHT tells us that Abromovich can pick his nose but he can't pick a manager. :P

With one very notable exception :D

Stories being planted (by whom? Have a wild stab in the dark) to make Venky's out as asset strippers whilst Wee Stevie Kean gets plaudits 'for doing a pretty good job considering the owners and fans' come relegation?

That well crossed my mind too. Together with the excuse about Samba leaving making it tough to stay up, the whole stance could be shifting.

You mean we can't get tenth place any more?

Still trying to get my head round Hoilett being offered a share of his transfer fee so as to persuade him to stay. That's off the scale when it comes to weirdness. Can't get my head round it.

There's just no thought apparent behind any of it, if we keep on selling our best players and buying dross the wage bill will come down (although there is the possibility they're so mad they'd give dross signings bumper money). They do realise that relegation is inevitable proceeding in this way?

I'm lost for words.

Why suddenly is Salgado ,Roberts ,Andrews suddenly a major loss according to previous threads they were past it,"barn door" and rubbish .Then when we go to Nelsen,Emerton constantly injured and then Samba,Kalinic and Diouf, attitude problems.The one thing that has now surfaced is we are a trading club as we were before under the walker trust that is why our youth are being fast tracked,Once they get enough experience they will be gone albeit not all at once. If we look at the players that have come in (IMO )The intention is buy at a low price get them up to speed then sell them on at a profit.The only problem is more was expected from the players in the way of ability.Come the end of the season there will be sales ,But I wouldnt think it would be all of our remaining "assets" just one or maybe two to balance the books.The one player they really need to get shot of is, sicknote Grella.Having said that a new manager wouldn`t go amiss either.

Why suddenly is Salgado ,Roberts ,Andrews suddenly a major loss according to previous threads they were past it,"barn door" and rubbish .Then when we go to Nelsen,Emerton constantly injured and then Samba,Kalinic and Diouf, attitude problems.The one thing that has now surfaced is we are a trading club as we were before under the walker trust that is why our youth are being fast tracked,Once they get enough experience they will be gone albeit not all at once. If we look at the players that have come in (IMO )The intention is buy at a low price get them up to speed then sell them on at a profit.The only problem is more was expected from the players in the way of ability.Come the end of the season there will be sales ,But I wouldnt think it would be all of our remaining "assets" just one or maybe two to balance the books.The one player they really need to get shot of is, sicknote Grella.Having said that a new manager wouldn`t go amiss either.

Absolute bunkum. We are not a trading club, we are a selling club! That much is blindingly obvious.

The reason people are not happy about the likes fo Roberts and Andrews going varies but it's largely down to two things:

1) They need upgrading and have (astonishingly) been downgraded.

2) The way they have been unceremoniously dumped by the club after several years of service - zero class.

What assets do we have left on the playing side? Seriously? This is a big part of the problem. Somebody has killed the golden goose.

For those who claim that there have been some who have been against Venkys from the start, I would suggest that those persons fall into two categories:

1. Those who believed Jerome Anderson's involvement in the sale was poisonous to the club.

2. Those who believed Kean's appointment was stupidity of the highest order.

In both respects, those early opinions have proved accurate. So who has set up Venkys for failure? Those who expressed reservations or the snake who recommended Kean? And more telling, who has cemented failure by sticking with Kean?

Aye, I'm delighted we have 'cleared out the deadwood'

If we look at the players that have come in (IMO )The intention is buy at a low price get them up to speed then sell them on at a profit.

We will do bloody well to sell the likes of Goodwillie, Formica, Rochina, Orr, Anderson (althogh 50p would be a profit on him) etc for a profit. Mainly because they're all a bit crap. We'll be lucky to be able to sell them at all!

Absolute bunkum. We are not a trading club, we are a selling club! That much is blindingly obvious...Trading means selling.

The reason people are not happy about the likes fo Roberts and Andrews going varies but it's largely down to two things:

1) They need upgrading and have (astonishingly) been downgraded.Roberts was replaced by Yakuba and Andrews was replaced by any one of our new players you choose

2) The way they have been unceremoniously dumped by the club after several years of service - zero class.Sorry but they weren`t dumped they were paid a fortune then told their services are no longer required.

What assets do we have left on the playing side? Seriously? This is a big part of the problem. Somebody has killed the golden goose.Givet ,Olsson,Nzonzi,Robinson,Dann,To name a few.

Archived