BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the extra year + another year rolling & removal of relegation reduction clause sounds like Jan 11 deal.

BIG Wages & add-on clauses for golden oldies is Sam all over.

Source is a very reliable one.

Since when has Football Manager 2012 been a very reliable source?

;)

Your reliable source probably has a vested interest in shifting the blame onto Sam when these were in fact Kean's doings.

Far from it, he just has good links at Rovers.

As for Sam's style - not arguing it didnt work or that JW didnt expect whats happened now....BUT it has and that is where his contract is today. Does anyone actually believe we should be playing Salgado for potentially £55k a week? I dont!

I wonder how all those contract extensions happened…….what could have been the thinking………….

We need some help, the players are slightly disillusioned – they have just seen their first team manager and assistant manager suddenly removed from their position.

The players are questioning the timing of this and have voiced their concerns about the direction the club is going. The senior players are also wondering why their previous first team coach, with no managerial experience at all, has just been given the manager’s job.

How about we offer them some juicy new contracts, should keep them sweet – don’t worry I will take care of this, the owners have asked me, someone they trust, to take care of the January window so it will all be fine.

But this won’t be line in with our budgets for the financial year?

It doesn’t matter, we are running the show now and they don’t understand the game so need an old hand.

Clearly they don’t understand football otherwise I wouldn’t be the manager.

Have all the players who Jerome signed up now left the club? (Apart from Salgado)

well, there is son Myles and the mystery man Ribiero, both of whom were clearly not good enough, who signed these players? Who is accountable? No wonder SAF stated Anderson couldnt pick his nose!!

Whilst I dont agree with Salgado being frozen out…I do agree that his wage is ludicrous and can see why they wouldnt want to play him.

£40k a week

£10k per game bonus

£5k per game clean sheet bonus even if on the bench

That sounds like a Sam Allardyce contract offer all over....should never have taken a player on that deal!

Feckin unbelievable.

Fact, Venky's could have binned Salgado last season, they didn't - Sam's fault ?

Fact, Veny's also gave new contracts to Nelsen, Roberts etc to arguably shore-up Kean and at what cost ? At a cost where we end up this season, allegedly, not being able to afford to play them along with Salgado.

Fact, Venky's decision to bring in RSC & JJ at astronmical costs (wages, fees & agents) is a big part of last season's £19m loss leading us to our dire financial position now.

Fact, Hoilett looks like he's on the verge of leaving for next to nothing due to, IMO, gross mismanagement of his position.

You could go on and on and on and on................

It's all feckin shambolic and it's time some on here got their heads out of the sand.

IMO, the sole responsibility for the mire we find ourselves in lies with Venky's and their stooge Kean.

Andrews £33K a week, Grella 35K, Salgado 40K, thats at least 100K a week or over £4 million a year on our wage bill for three players who are vastly overpaid and over rated.

Whose to blame? Plenty of people but it is ridiculous to think (IMO) that we could sustain this without substantial backing, its clear now that the owners wont so if they dont sell then the wage bill needs to be slashed.

For the record I have no issue with selling the players on big wages (I missed JR on £30k+) my issue is with the poor replacements. Norwich and Swansea have shown that you can find decent players, pay them decent wages and play attractive football, it needs a good manager, good chairman and someone in recruitment who can identify the players- sadly we dont have any of these :angry:

Andrews £33K a week, Grella 35K, Salgado 40K, thats at least 100K a week or over £4 million a year on our wage bill for three players who are vastly overpaid and over rated.

Whose to blame? Plenty of people but it is ridiculous to think (IMO) that we could sustain this without substantial backing, its clear now that the owners wont so if they dont sell then the wage bill needs to be slashed.

For the record I have no issue with selling the players on big wages (I missed JR on £30k+) my issue is with the poor replacements. Norwich and Swansea have shown that you can find decent players, pay them decent wages and play attractive football, it needs a good manager, good chairman and someone in recruitment who can identify the players- sadly we dont have any of these :angry:

I find the poor replacements one interesting. Though I agree I would have like to see us bring in better quality consider :

Samba - effectively replaced by Dann - now history has shown different, but at the time Dann looked liked a good purchase

Nelsen - replaced by Hanley - interesting one, may work out if Hanley continues his improvement

Andrews - Lowe - IMO Lowe is a huge improvement

Salgado - Orr - though he has at best only had an average start to his career, he certainly isn't any worse than Salgado whose age had caught up with him.

Grella - difficult one to replace on the sick bed - just by the fact he is able to play more than one match in a row makes Petrovic an improvement.

So possibly slightly worse overall (especially as Dann hasn't worked out how we would have hoped) - the big shame is that they aren't building on what is a good bunch of youngsters coming through. If we are lucky we will stand still - but the lack of experience and depth in the squad is likely to come back to haunt us if we aren't lucky.

• Backroom

So not only are Venkys getting rid of our first team players but it looks like they have started on the reserves now with the word is Zac Aley has been released

Don't know the circumstances but this happens routinely at all clubs although I thought he had potential myself.

Don't know the circumstances but this happens routinely at all clubs although I thought he had potential myself.

Don't think the guy is quite up to the standard of some of the other players coming through. Shame because he seems like a nice guy.

This one will be purely based on footballing reasons - not financial.

As proven by hanley and lowe and even Henley, if they were thought to be good enough they'd get a go (cheaper options as well)

So, where does Myles fit in with all this and what ids his role at the tender age of 22 or 23 ?

So, where does Myles fit in with all this and what ids his role at the tender age of 22 or 23 ?

Well, like Kean, he probably knows too much and is therefore another we can't get rid of, so he can have any roles that kean isn't filling at the moment and can be useless at all of them because we can't afford to let him go.

Whilst I dont agree with Salgado being frozen out…I do agree that his wage is ludicrous and can see why they wouldnt want to play him.

£40k a week

£10k per game bonus

£5k per game clean sheet bonus even if on the bench

Really? Surely the last bit's OK if Kean is in charge.

Andrews was on 21k and Grella 30k according to the brochure Venkys put out trying to sell them last year.

Archived