BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

Glad you find something funny about it Chaddy.

We are paying players who will never kick a ball in anger for the first team and we've just sold our best player and have no intention of replacing him.

This appears to have become club policy.

This was Samba's last chance to get out of the club and he took it. That tells me he was desperate to leave.

What an absolute shambles.

Samba wanted out under the Walker family and Big Sam.

Samba didn't want to play for rovers!!!

We NEED PLAYERS who want to play for Rovers!!!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

S'alright, we'll probably ending up sticking N'Zonzi at CB again. We've got enough midfielders to flesh out defence and midfield anyway.

Simon - N'Zonzi - Dunn - MGP

Hoilett - Lowe - Petrovic - Olsson

Can't wait.

1. And what about the fans here? You know, the people who pay his wages? Doesn't he owe it to them to honour his contract and do the job he's paid to do?

2. Let's not be naive here. Samba signed that contract for more money. He was already on a long-term deal, if I remember rightly. So it wasn't as if he was pledging his future to Rovers.

1. Without looking up the proper figures I'd suggest income from admission will be less than 5m, whilst wages at BRFC are 85% of turnover or somewhere in the region of 40-45m pa.

2. My only criticism of Samba is that he signed his new contract for 4 years. I have him down as a man of principle although if he was so principled he should have signed for 12 months.... although his agent would no doubt have gone ballistic.

We are crazy going in to the relegation battle with only 3 CB's. Anyone from the reserves we can use in case of emergency?

Myles Anderson will come parading into the team on a white stallion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies from the club.

If you say he will not be sold then you don't sell him. Simple as that. I'm not entirely sure the intention was to sell when the money obviously couldn't be spent but that's all that has happened.

Hind sight may well tell us it would have been better to sell for a few million cheaper in January but re-invest what we did get in order to stop up. Samba has been a typical git in all of this admittedly but once again Venkys and their UK spokesman Keano have said one thing, done the other, weakened the team and profited.

We are crazy going in to the relegation battle with only 3 CB's. Anyone from the reserves we can use in case of emergency?

Anthony O'Connor looks very decent. I've seen him a few times for the academy reminds me of Phil Jones.

P Jones would go under other owners. Kalinic was according to many a flop. Roberts was deadwood, so was Andrews. Emerton was homesick (classy to let him leave to go home?) Samba has been sulking for years.

The buys on the other hand have been unproven and havent paid off except Yak.

Samba ... good luck in russia ...

anybody says samba left for money .... its BS ...he choose the first flight out that venky's allowed ... if this money will be used to sack coco and for project "SURVIVAL" ... WELL DONE ... but alas LOGIC and venky's do not go hand in hand

No way. Especially not with QPR the only one interested (if that is correct)

If we go down, especially if it's by a couple of points or goal difference, will you honestly be able to say that not getting another decent Premiership defender (or any position for that matter) in for the last 5 months hasn't cost us ?

Samba ... good luck in russia ...

anybody says samba left for money .... its BS ...he choose the first flight out that venky's allowed ... if this money will be used to sack coco and for project "SURVIVAL" ... WELL DONE ... but alas LOGIC and venky's do not go hand in hand

Sorry, but that's rubbish. He could have stayed, proved his real worth in helping to keep us up - then sealed a move in the summer to a proper club in a proper league with real ambitions.

This is a move that has found our Chris out as just another money-grabbing shyster.

• Backroom
'He's not for sale, it's as simple as that,' Kean told the Lancashire Telegraph.

'He'll be back in again and hopefully ready for Everton.'

"We want him to get his head round the fact that he's going to be here," said the Blackburn boss.

"In the last window, and even before that, as soon as the window closed, he got his head down and got on with it.

"His performances were excellent and there's no reason why he can't play like that again.

"It's never nice when someone hands in a transfer request. But it's a two-way thing and we didn't accept his request.

"We want him to be part of what we are trying to do this season."

Blackburn Rovers say captain Christopher Samba is "not for sale" despite the defender handing in a transfer request.

The club issued a statement saying: "The player signed a new contract with the club less than a year ago which runs to June 2015."

Asked about the matter, though, Kean referred to a statement released by Blackburn last Friday, which stressed that Samba, who has also been linked with French side Paris St German, was not for sale.

'I know there has been an article in L'Equipe, but I haven't seen it myself,' said Kean, speaking ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham at Ewood Park.

'All I can say is that I have been told that Chris has done an interview.

'What is definite is that there were two bids from one club which were refused.

'We put out a club statement which was quite strong, saying that Chris was not for sale and as far as I am concerned, there is a line drawn under it.'

Questioned as to what he could do about the situation, Kean said: 'You can ask the player to respect his contract - I don't think you make contracts for any other reason than to show your commitment to the player, and you would then like the player to show that back to the club.

'There have been situations (before) where there have been bids for Chris, and there have been a number of times when he has shown a desire to leave and it hasn't happened for whatever reason.

'I think the club has always fought to try to keep him - we want to keep our best players.

'The situation is simple,' the Rovers boss said.

'He is not for sale, he is seven or eight months into a five-year contract and he is certainly a defender that we feel has a presence and he has held us together and is a big part of what we are trying to do.'

Just in case anybody needed reminding that our manager and people running the club are bare-faced liars.

Oh, also http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2568810,00.html - guess they forgot to tag on the end "unless a Russian club bids £12m". Easy mistake to make.

Archived