BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

Why are people sticking up for samba? If I was getting paid to play the sport I love, whatever the team, I would give my all for the team....he stopped that by spitting his dummy because we wouldn't give him away to relegation rivals...

Glad he's gone to a Micky mouse league to reach glorious heights, champions league, here they come... Well not in the next few years!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree so why not sell in January.

The only reason is so Venkys can get more money - which is fine but as you say it is going in the team. People are sceptical that we are being asset stripped, more that it's bad management, but if Venkys where trying to cash in on Samba for their own benefits and not reinvest in BRFC could they have done this any better over this transfer window??

For me that'd be an easy choice - accept £5million from QPR or £12million off the Russians.

In general, it's a strange perception held by us fans, we say it's our club and Rovers' money that should be reinvested etc. one day but the next breath we say that the owners (who like it or not bought the club)are wrong to take/make money from the investment that they put the cash down for.

I think we were all desperately praying for owners who would plough their own cash in that would purely finance our enjoyment like at Chelsea and City. Whereas in truth, we are getting nothing but fear, confusion and very little enjoyment.

I personally don't think we are being asset stripped and can totally appreciate why this new bunch are drastically cutting the wage bill - it desperately needed to be done as it does at most other clubs. We now no longer have Emerton, Roberts, Andrews, Nelsen, Samba, Diouf and Jones etc and between them that must easily amount to about £1m a month saved in wages and a massive % drop to turnover has been achieved already, even before Salgado and Grella's will be off in June. Additionally we have amassed over £30m in transfer fees that will be drip fed into the club (or to Pune) for a few years. We also have a yes madam manager who multi-tasks (apart from guiding us to back to back wins or clean sheets!!!) in charge who is on a fraction of wages of the last man! That's how I genuinely imagine a business person like Mrs D sees things and I'll leave it up to someone else to work out the approx cut in outgoings at Rovers as of July - it will be colossal.

Where it may all come scarily unpicked for the club is if we are relegated and fail to win an instant promotion back to the Prem - but had we been relegated under the previous regime, we would have faced meltdown too - which John Williams openly admitted, so we've been on the edge for going on a decade now if the truth be told.

Where it may all come scarily unpicked for the club is if we are relegated and fail to win an instant promotion back to the Prem - but had we been relegated under the previous regime, we would have faced meltdown too - which John Williams openly admitted, so we've been on the edge for going on a decade now if the truth be told.

But JW knew that selling your better, higher paid players and replacing them with Orr, Goodwillie and Petrovic on cheaper salaries was more than likely going to relegate us and lead to meltdown. This lot don't.

But JW knew that selling your better, higher paid players and replacing them with Orr, Goodwillie and Petrovic on cheaper salaries was more than likely going to relegate us and lead to meltdown. This lot don't.

Hmmm very debatable, I think but for Hughes we would have been doomed much sooner and we could both make lists as long as our arms of cack players brought into the club by any of the previous managers - they too sold the better players but couldn't massively reinvest due to the high wages and debts at the club. Also almost every decent player we've had has moved on for as long as I can remember to "better" their prospects.

We've flirted with relegation with higher paid and supposedly better players than this lot and although we'll take a tonking here and there I'm not going to give up hope of staying up because they do keep battling on in the shittiest of situations.

Have we had an explanation from clown or the chicken overlords as to why we flogged our best defender in a relegation battle?

How's about because he refuses to play?? What good does he do sat in the stands and causing anger amongst team mates?

I dont think anyone comes out of this with any credit but if Samba refuses to play then I dont think its completely fair to entirely blame Kean or Venky's for selling. If Samba had continued to train and play then fair enough, but to go on strike is pathetic considering the amount of money he is on. He deserves more criticism than anyone else in my opinion. I'm sure Samba had genuine reasons for wanting to leave but that doesn't excuse him for refusing to train. If the Russians are prepared to throw around £15m at him then, considering his refusal to play, I dont think you can blame the management for selling.

People we have to remember both parties are to blame Samba for taking 60K a week and then refusing to play is disgraceful and he and his agents should be ashamed of themselves for their part in this but the club should also be ashamed in more ways than one first for issuing a 21 words statement my cousins little boy could have come up with a better statement than them it seems the statements get shorter and shorter but the sale of Samba proves beyond any doubt both Venkys and Kean are born liars first Venkys state Samba is not for sale same with coco now he is gone and a few days ago stating Samba had buried the hatchet with kean and was pushing for a recall against City how they both lie and reporters never call them up for it is a disgrace at least we have some good news today though with Wolves being snubbed by every decent manager around appoint the inexperienced assistant then try justifying it on tv I think with this happening condemns Wolves to life in the championship and may just see us escape.

Well not only have the chicken farmers pocketed 12 mil but their timing was excellent, now they won't or can't be pressured to spend the money because our window is closed. Another masterclass in screwing BRFC in my mind and I can't help but wonder just how long this had been the plan. God I hate the illegitimateos

We also have a yes madam manager who multi-tasks (apart from guiding us to back to back wins or clean sheets!!!) in charge who is on a fraction of wages of the last man! That's how I genuinely imagine a business person like Mrs D sees things and I'll leave it up to someone else to work out the approx cut in outgoings at Rovers as of July - it will be colossal.

there us nothing... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coming from our wan (Please don't use that word again) owners.

why???

only because they have stripped and sold us.

i fkicign HATE her and the brothers

carry on collaborating

100% agree. JW and team also had a much better grip of the finances. The £1m fee paid to Rochinas agent wouldn't have happened under JW, that would have kept more experienced players on the park at Ewood.

ffs. Christopher Samba was always a favourite of mine. It's a shame to see him leave Blackburn, but 12 million is a lot of money... :unsure:

Agree. He has wanted to leave for a while. Venkys were smart enough to get over double the money for one of their commodities in their Football division of the Chicken processing operation. It will be a good monthly meeting when the Football Division manager visits Pune.

If Samba thought a good career move meant Russia then he truly must have been desperate to leave.

Lucky the Football division is awash with center back inventory. oops problems with inventory management.

I don't understand all of this 'the club lied to us' nonsense. Almost every club trots out the 'not for sale' lines when important players are being linked with other clubs and when they are a team of our size they almost always end up selling the player. It happened under the Walker Trust, it happened under previous managers and it will happen again. There are many strings to the anti-Venkys bow, but simply turning every event into a massive failure by the club and an example of ineptitude on the part of the owners does little to add any validity to the legitimate criticism of the owners.

Samba had to go. He was refusing to play for the club. We got good money for him. We did not sell him to a rival.

The ONLY criticism can be that we released Nelsen and/or that we didn't sign another centreback during the transfer window, but there's a very good chance that this won't be an issue. Givet, Dann and Hanley are all very capable defenders and should see us through this season.

For me that'd be an easy choice - accept £5million from QPR or £12million off the Russians.

In general, it's a strange perception held by us fans, we say it's our club and Rovers' money that should be reinvested etc. one day but the next breath we say that the owners (who like it or not bought the club)are wrong to take/make money from the investment that they put the cash down for.

I think we were all desperately praying for owners who would plough their own cash in that would purely finance our enjoyment like at Chelsea and City. Whereas in truth, we are getting nothing but fear, confusion and very little enjoyment.

I personally don't think we are being asset stripped and can totally appreciate why this new bunch are drastically cutting the wage bill - it desperately needed to be done as it does at most other clubs. We now no longer have Emerton, Roberts, Andrews, Nelsen, Samba, Diouf and Jones etc and between them that must easily amount to about £1m a month saved in wages and a massive % drop to turnover has been achieved already, even before Salgado and Grella's will be off in June. Additionally we have amassed over £30m in transfer fees that will be drip fed into the club (or to Pune) for a few years. We also have a yes madam manager who multi-tasks (apart from guiding us to back to back wins or clean sheets!!!) in charge who is on a fraction of wages of the last man! That's how I genuinely imagine a business person like Mrs D sees things and I'll leave it up to someone else to work out the approx cut in outgoings at Rovers as of July - it will be colossal.

It would help if this was explained to the fans rather than being kept in the dark. It probably would not change anything but at least we could then have an informed view of what the owners have in store for us.

Don't get the whole slagging off of Samba, yes he wanted to leave but given the broken promises from Venkys and the exodus of so many influential players who wouldn't want out.

Lets not forget the lies we have been told and how the players have been treated.. in the last year Roberts frozen out (fine by me as he wasnt good enough), Emerton released (odd decision), Nelsen who was apparently injured released (yet plays the next game for the spuds), Andrews released (when a utility player would of been useful), Salgado treated like poo, jnr running down his contract, Diouf was instantly frozen out, Chimbonda dumped quietly, JJ wasnt secured and PJ was sold. Not saying that these are all the best players in the world but they are all players who held some level of influence and one hell of allot of experience. So since the end of last season we have lost pretty much all our stand in captains, our club captain, all four of our star players from last season (PJ, JJ, Samba and Jnr), team captain, a playing legend, the future captain and a potential captain... i.e. anyone who has any form of guts and experience. Given how these transfers/situations occured you have to think that Kean was a major influence, instead of trying to rectify things certain players have been dumped on the naughty step and left there until they are disposed of.

And how people can say the Russian League is a mickey mouse league is also beyond me, they are one of the fastest growing leagues in the world at the moment, have lots of potential growth with cash and a large fan base, have a few very decent sides (Zenit, CSKA, Spartak.. etc) and have a good selection of European cup wins in recent years and the club he has moved to is one of the most ambitious clubs out there.

thanks for the good times Samba, no matter how much you wanted to leave over the years you always put a good shift in as one of our true leaders on the pitch.

I don't understand all of this 'the club lied to us' nonsense. Almost every club trots out the 'not for sale' lines when important players are being linked with other clubs and when they are a team of our size they almost always end up selling the player. It happened under the Walker Trust, it happened under previous managers and it will happen again. There are many strings to the anti-Venkys bow, but simply turning every event into a massive failure by the club and an example of ineptitude on the part of the owners does little to add any validity to the legitimate criticism of the owners.

Samba had to go. He was refusing to play for the club. We got good money for him. We did not sell him to a rival.

The ONLY criticism can be that we released Nelsen and/or that we didn't sign another centreback during the transfer window, but there's a very good chance that this won't be an issue. Givet, Dann and Hanley are all very capable defenders and should see us through this season.

Sorry I must of missed something along the way.. when did Samba say he would not play for Rovers, last quote I remember was Kean saying he dropped Samba despite him being available then following it up with he was not for sale. Then again this is the same Kean that said Nelsen was injured etc etc..

As for the club lied to us nonsense, I guess we must of all misheard and misread the we won't sell our best players, we will stick with the board who are doing a wonderful job, we would invest, we will stick with the manager, player x is injured at the moment.. etc etc.. comments...

3 center backs is enough? One of those is cover for left back, one is a kid and the last has been having a very iffy season.. even then one injury/suspension out of 4 players and we are stuffed.

Hmmm very debatable, I think but for Hughes we would have been doomed much sooner and we could both make lists as long as our arms of cack players brought into the club by any of the previous managers - they too sold the better players but couldn't massively reinvest due to the high wages and debts at the club. Also almost every decent player we've had has moved on for as long as I can remember to "better" their prospects.

We've flirted with relegation with higher paid and supposedly better players than this lot and although we'll take a tonking here and there I'm not going to give up hope of staying up because they do keep battling on in the shittiest of situations.

You mean Hughes, Souy, BFS.. only disappointment in recent years was Ince but that was rectified appropriatly and quickly. We might not of been able to reinvest all of the money but at least we reinvested some and we have never sold ourselves this short nor attempted to do it without a leader on the pitch, a decent recognised manager, without experience and importantly without a recognised chairman or decision maker at the club. As it stands one injury and a suspension will see us without enough centerbacks in the squad to field a proper defense (role on Nzonzi or Lowe in there) plus this is the first time I can remember us without a backup utility player so we don't even have that option.

It was only a few weeks ago that the imposter was quoted as saying the Samba and Nelsen were his number one partnership, how well they worked together, how we missed Nelsen etc etc. Now we have neither. Today at the league leaders we are down to our last two natural centre backs. What if one of them gets injured or sent off? We could have the same situation we had on the opening day when N'Zonzi had to play there. I think Bradley Orr played there at times for Bristol City but it is not his position.

One day somebody will make a film about us in the last 14 month. The title could be Carry On Blackburn Rovers.

Bottom line is we have lost (another)top class Premiership player. Doesn't matter whether you like him or nor, or if you approve of his opinions and off field actions or not. Without him we are significantly weaker, and however short the odds were to go down before he left, they are now much , shorter.

Put all your emotionally swayed arguments on who's right and wrong here and think about that first, then think about why he left next.

I take it he's not seen the treatment black players get in Russia. Roberto Carlos walked off the pitch after having bananas thrown at him and Odemwingie was hounded out by his own fans based on the colour of his skin. Samba is in for quite a shock.

Bottom line is we have lost (another)top class Premiership player. Doesn't matter whether you like him or nor, or if you approve of his opinions and off field actions or not. Without him we are significantly weaker, and however short the odds were to go down before he left, they are now much , shorter.

Put all your emotionally swayed arguments on who's right and wrong here and think about that first, then think about why he left next.

This is so true.

The club is being dismantled, dismembered and left to rot.

The wrong people are leaving Ewood. It's players like Samba and ten more like him, that we need at the moment.

I just hope that Chris comes out and tells it like it is and is not constrained by any NDA.

Who has come out of this latest Venkyvision episode best?

Samba

- has probably increased his salary (but not by that much if certain posters view of his Rovers salary are to be believed)

- has had to forego his ambitions and move to what would never have been first choice in order to get away from Rovers

- despite sharing feelings abour the current regime he is blamed and slated as being greedy by the very fans he gave his career best performances to

- his reputation in now under question

- he has finally escaped

Venky Rovers

- brought in £12m outside the normal transfer window

- got another high earner off the wage bill

- are under no pressure to replace due to perfect timing

Kean

- has one less player to worry about further exposing his lack of man-management skills

- another experienced senior player who could undermine him is gone

- suffers no additional reputational damage in the press, timed perfectly with "Rovers fans are evil illegitimates" story

- will probably not be on a percentage bonus from the sale like some managers are

Fans

- one less experienced senior player to help our fight against relegation (despite it being reported that he and Kean had buried the hatchet - now we know why)

- another reason to argue and give Venky apologists some further ammunition

- no chance of the money being effectively reinvested into the first team (as we are now a selling club, where is our next asset coming from?)

- pray that we now clear all of our debt and stabilise the club (based on everything that has happened to date, how likely is that?)

Did someone say the Venkys Bollywood studio had collapsed or have the just put all of their efforts into script writing and research?

Archived