BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast 27 Part 1

J*B

BRFCs Podcast 27 is hosting by PhilipL. Philip is joined by Wayne Wild, who talks about the new supporters bid to buy the club. Philip, with help from Eddie also talks finances with Dan Grabko,

This is a two part podcast - making this 27.1.

27.1 will be available by clicking on the podcast player below (REMEMBER TO STAY ON THIS PAGE)

http://brfcspod.brfcsltd.netdna-cdn.com/BRFCS-27-1.mp3

Or by pasting the below link into your browser.

http://brfcspod.brfcsltd.netdna-cdn.com/BRFCS-27-1.mp3

This podcast will be uploaded to iTunes soon.

An interesting listen.

My view - will work only should the club need to rise like a phoenix from the ashes as extremely doubtful if proposal, otherwise, could be sufficiently financed. In fairness to the guys behind it, my understanding is that they see this as a 'safety net'.

Really wish them well but feels like there's an awful lot of convincing to be done and an awful long way to go yet to make this dream come true.

My answer "yes" when asked by Wayne Wild if I would sign up does not come over clearly on the recording. I put my name down on Sunday after recording the pod cast.

Some good questions raised by yourself and Eddie, I don't think you both sounded 100% convinced the plan would work and to be honest I'm not either but I have put my name down as well.

If there is a chance for the club to be owned by the fans then we have to try.

If anything it will show to Venkys (again) how passionate Rovers fans are and it shows what lengths we will go to for the club.

Just listened to the podcast and more positive about the work going on behind the scenes...however saying all that, I stand by my original thoughts that the plan in its current format will not work - you won't get 10,000 to pledge £1k, with ongoing financial support for zero return.

Have pledged my support, on the original website (Dan's blog I think)and also offered to help on the working party.

Just listened to the podcast and more positive about the work going on behind the scenes...however saying all that, I stand by my original thoughts that the plan in its current format will not work - you won't get 10,000 to pledge £1k, with ongoing financial support for zero return.

Have pledged my support, on the original website (Dan's blog I think)and also offered to help on the working party.

The zero return bit is being worked on and fleshed out, FernhurstRover - can't speak as to details at the moment because it isn't finalized yet, but I can tell you we will address this bit, and allow people that already pledged support to adjust their levels of support accordingly should they so wish. If you want you can PM with your name so I can make sure we didn't miss your offer of help.

Personally, although I found it interesting I also found it far from convincing. Clearly, Wayne is a passionate supporter but I still found it all rather vague and for me there is not enough detail to consider pledging money to it.

Fair enough, Parsonblue, we are working incredibly hard on the details and have many extremely qualified people working on them. Still a catch up game as we weren't really prepared for this to explode as it has.

Excellent podcast guys.

I must admit I was very sceptical when I heard of this project and I would say I’m still not 100% convinced but perhaps more willing to pledge now after hearing Wayne & Dan discuss their concept and their thought process behind it, be it in very short and simple terms via this podcast. Before listening to this I had heard lots of b*ll Sh*t about Wayne and about him being in this for his own self-promotion and to feather his nest and perhaps had allowed this to sway my opinion. I believe that Wayne et al are in this purely to save the one thing we all love from being no more and at the end of the day at least he and Dan etc are doing something and not just proclaiming doom and gloom on this website and others. If people are unable to pledge because they can’t afford it or don’t believe in the project then no one will question your right to do so but to create false and misleading statements for the sake of it, then you can jog on and leave The Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust to it.

As an early 'pledger' I really enjoyed the Podcast. Great questions Phillip.

Perhaps now we will get more pledgers than sledgers.

Really think we will need big Supporters i.e. 1million+ pledgers to progress to the Initial target of 20mn but they are out there.This Podcast really gave me confidence and assurance.

After listening to this, I decided to fill out an expression of interest. Yes, its a lot of money, but you only live once, and I figured that 1000 is cheap for being a part of the club that I have supported all my life.

Whether it gets off the ground remains to be seen. Like many readers, I had my suspicions about Waynes motivation - but hearing him speak about it, he just seems genuine, and his frustrations at trying to even get a polite response from Venkys (even before the BRSIT was mooted) says it all for me.

His line about handing out free 50 pound notes in Darwen town centre, and inevitably getting someone whinge that it wasnt broken up into tenners for them, I thought that was gold! A great analogy to describe the bickering from all the groups who are infighting while at the end of the day, we all want same thing. Venkys Out (and by default - Kean Out)

(Another 'gold' line I thought was Dan Grabko describing the football business in general as 'diseased')

Anyway, yes there are a lot of questions still to be answered, and its all very sketchy - but we are not being asked to shell out cash - just to put names down to say that if push comes to shove, and if those fine details on how it would work do get cleared up, would we be interested ?

After all, as Wayne pointed out, Venky's have to want to sell in the first place - and at this stage they don't (although as he also says, he can't imagine what joy they are getting from this ownership)

My own view on that is that they do intend to asset strip first in order to at least recoup their investment. The selling of Samba and money going straight to the bank to offset debt is the first obvious instance - it's asset stripping by stealth. Venkys pay not one cent to reduce the overdraft, despite being owners with (you would think) some obligation to invest, while Rovers lose their most valuable asset.

Anyway, thanks for the podcast. Again, good to hear that people out there are concerned and are doing something - not just sitting back and expecting the club to die.

I found the expression of interest here, for anyone interested who (like me) hasn't been following this overly closely

http://www.brsit.co.uk/

Just to keep everybody in the loop, the second part of this Podcast featuring PhilipL, Eddie, Kamy and BobbyG will be available on Thursday afternoon. Haven't had enough time to work on it yet, but it is coming.

Certainly a great blast from the past! IMHO better than the old one.

Wonder if we could get Kevin Gallacher to record something?

Peronally I'd have no jingle at all cos they're all terrible (IMO) - just a Gally introducing it in a few seconds.

Quick comment for Dan and Wayne:

Parting with a grand would be a big decision for me alot of other people. Knowing when I’d be asked to do this would really help me decide whether I can pledge (i.e. would it be when the full 10 million is pledged or sooner? If sooner then when exactly?). Like many I would need to save up so knowing when you’d need the cash would definitely help me decide whether or not I can pledge.

Also, how about a pinned thread specifically for the working group, so that you can ask for specific skill (such requests could easily get lost in here).

Quick comment for Dan and Wayne:

Parting with a grand would be a big decision for me alot of other people. Knowing when I'd be asked to do this would really help me decide whether I can pledge (i.e. would it be when the full 10 million is pledged or sooner? If sooner then when exactly?). Like many I would need to save up so knowing when you'd need the cash would definitely help me decide whether or not I can pledge.

Also, how about a pinned thread specifically for the working group, so that you can ask for specific skill (such requests could easily get lost in here).

The answer to your question is that we wouldn't start to gather actual physical sums of money until such time as they were needed to move forward. This would most likely be upon entering into discussions with the current ownership regarding any transfer of ownership. There is still time for you and the many others out there like you (including myself) that need time to be able to put aside the funds to be able to actually give, and I have made my pledge with that in mind.

As I mentioned before, we are working on a funding scheme that will allow for the BRSIT to give a form of return on the purchase of a share, and are also in discussions with local community owned financial institutions to provide special savings accounts which local residents can use specifically for the purpose of saving towards a share purchase in the BRSIT. Nothing is final, so I don't want to say anything that ends up not being true, I hope people can appreciate that, but we hope to announce details of these things very soon, as we realize there are lots of questions and concerns that need answering!

As to your second question, the BRSIT Working Party is currently looking for an experienced business to business marketing professional willing to offer up their services.

Still far from convincing and, personally, I would not make any pledge until I knew more about the circumstances at the time.

I also think some imaginative thinking would not go amiss, £1,000 / share is substantial and significant for Blackburn's town folk. I'd like to see them offered a discount off season ticket prices at somewhere between 5 & 10% for the next 20 years. Think you would find that might also drive a bit more interest !

Archived