BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

• Moderation Lead

Guess Noel’s and especially Liam’s cash they’ve lost from divorces needs to be recouped. Don’t get me wrong, I think their first two albums are absolutely sensational, but I won’t be busting a gut to go and see them on that basis alone, I don’t think.

I quite liked the first two Oasis albums, but anyone who thinks NG is a top songwriter needs to give their head a wobble. He's not even the best from that period (Albarn and Ashcroft are both better IMHO and neither of them are as good as Weller).

I'm sure they'll fill Heaton park and Wembley though.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I quite liked the first two Oasis albums, but anyone who thinks NG is a top songwriter needs to give their head a wobble. He's not even the best from that period (Albarn and Ashcroft are both better IMHO and neither of them are as good as Weller).

I'm sure they'll fill Heaton park and Wembley though.

🤣🤣🤣

Ashcroft is the best English songwriter of his generation in my opinion, Weller was a generation before and flirted with the title, but that left him after The Style Council, he's been bang average at best since, Noel was just behind Ashcroft for me with Albarn nowhere to be seen. 

Edited by Gav

Weller is still churning out top tunes to this day gav, approaching his 70th birthday.

Albarn nowhere to be seen? Yeah ok mate. That’s why all the top top musicians have been queueing up to work with him for 30 years…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Weller is still churning out top tunes to this day gav, approaching his 70th birthday.

Albarn nowhere to be seen? Yeah ok mate. That’s why all the top top musicians have been queueing up to work with him for 30 years…

Weller is churning out tunes, but top tunes? Never, he’s like his own tribute band these days.

As for Albarn, you’ve thrown that in to be a bit mischievous, Battle of Brit Pop all over again 🤣

• Moderation Lead

Albarn went from the ‘Britpop’ vibe to being one of the most relevant hip hop producers and writers in the world.

Have you seen who Gorillaz have collaborated with? It’s like a who’s who of everyone’s favourite musicians. Unreal.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Was never gonna be less than a ton, this one. Gigs cost a lot more nowadays, as artists make bugger all from record sales, due to streaming, so they recoup it from gig tickets. 
I reckon it’s fair enough tbh, if you’re a big fan.

Seating is available under £100 at other venues.

If it was Etihad and seats under a ton I’d have been interested but not standing at Heaton Park at that price.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp352111wyxo.amp

I almost had a heart attack, imagine The Smiths reforming too 🤔

I need a lie down….

Well thank fuck that's not happening.

All these old bands reuniting for massive cash grabs is just fucking pathetic.

Not a shred of integrity amongst any of them.

Nothing more sad than being your own tribute act. A bunch of old cunts pathetically pretending to be themselves in their 20s.

At least we didn't have to be subjected to an overweight half arsed version of The Jam.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well thank fuck that's not happening.

All these old bands reuniting for massive cash grabs is just fucking pathetic.

Not a shred of integrity amongst any of them.

Nothing more sad than being your own tribute act. A bunch of old cunts pathetically pretending to be themselves in their 20s.

At least we didn't have to be subjected to an overweight half arsed version of The Jam.

I can only assume you stubbed your toe when you got out of bed Upside Down, calm down 😁

Both Morrissey and Marr are selling out tours across the world right now and have been creating new music for decades, I'm not sure how that can be classed as half arsed. 

The money grab, probably, but Marr has more class/principles than that, hence why he never responded to the offer, Morrissey probably not so much.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I can only assume you stubbed your toe when you got out of bed Upside Down, calm down 😁

Both Morrissey and Marr are selling out tours across the world right now and have been creating new music for decades, I'm not sure how that can be classed as half arsed. 

The money grab, probably, but Marr has more class/principles than that, hence why he never responded to the offer, Morrissey probably not so much.

That's what I'm on about. It's good seeing Marr and Morrissey doing their own thing. It's real and it's genuine.

It's the bullshit cash grab reunions that I don't like. Just ruins any credibility the artists had IMO. The Smiths were over and done with in the 80s. If you missed it, you missed it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This dynamic pricing thing is a nonsense not to mention a rip off. I’m surprised Oasis allowed it. They’ve gone down even further in my estimation now.

I find it somewhat disgusting that a band that loves to play up their 'ard working class' origins would charge actual working class people £150 a ticket to go to their gig.

I suppose when you're only in it for the money it's not a difficult decision.