BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players v venkys puppets

I'm not sure there's anyone who would confirm that. Maybe even the players don't know for sure. It does seem plausible given the odd selections in recent months, but for now it's just rumour.

I don't imagine Messers Hunt an Agnew would have done anything but deny it anyway.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on he's not our Keano.

Although I'd place a tenner on him being Paul Agnew.

I'll be your bookie and give you odds on a billion to one.

I thought it was you that wanted to skate around ABBEY's genuine point,

bit hypocritical that don't you think

If you see my first reply it was a direct response to the thread.

If players came out and told the truth about the situation, then that's nothing to do with vindicating Abbey, it's because it's the truth!! And after being told that an out of position Lowe or ex-QPR reserve are better than him then he has every right to put his side of the story out there,

The reason don't debate with you is because you'll never cede the point. If you are cornered by a post, you just ignore it and move on to the next comment you can stir things up with.

And trying to turn you deliberately provocative avatar into a race issue? FFS, grow up.

It's because of this point that ANOTHER poster puts you on ignore. And to think I removed you from my ignore list as part of my New Year forgetting of old acquaintance...

Well obviously the players wouldn't come out because Abbey told them to. Why would I be suggesting that? I was asking why Abbey wanted them to come out at this point? If it was true, how would them coming out now help the club?

I'm afraid not all of that made sense. If I'm not still on ignore, take a few seconds, compose yourself and try again. I'm not the best at posting with perfect spelling and grammar but people can generally follow, even if they disagree. Give it another go.

Though I don't agree with the way the contracts have been sorted in the first place :-

1. I think that both Lowe and Orr are better bets at right back than Salgado - this is partly a reflection on Keans tactics and the poor cover that full backs tend to get - but is the reality of our current situation

2. Salgado isn't worth a years extension - and if that is the clause they don't want to activate - then I appreciate where the club are coming from.

Irrespective of the relative merits of the way our owners are running the club - not certain that not wanting to give a player who is past his past a one year extension on significant wages is really the right stick to beat them with.

In which case do you support Abbey's view that they should all come out and lift the lid, helping our survival plans?

Moving away from the ridiculous point of the thread.

It seems clear, that as in the case of Sam Alladyce, JW, TF etc. they are forbidden to speak, indeed, it was suggested as such when Allardyce was on T?V and the presenter said Sam was unable to comment on certain issues!!

Though I don't agree with the way the contracts have been sorted in the first place :-

1. I think that both Lowe and Orr are better bets at right back than Salgado - this is partly a reflection on Keans tactics and the poor cover that full backs tend to get - but is the reality of our current situation

2. Salgado isn't worth a years extension - and if that is the clause they don't want to activate - then I appreciate where the club are coming from.

Irrespective of the relative merits of the way our owners are running the club - not certain that not wanting to give a player who is past his past a one year extension on significant wages is really the right stick to beat them with.

Nnot being funny but salgado's legs went well bef ore this year and yet they handed one out anyway. They agreed to all the clauses etc etc, evidently foresight is a attribute sadly lacking within Venky's.

Nnot being funny but salgado's legs went well bef ore this year and yet they handed one out anyway. They agreed to all the clauses etc etc, evidently foresight is a attribute sadly lacking within Venky's.

Hence why I started with "Though I don't agree with the way the contracts have been sorted in the first place"

IMO that statement about orr nearly made me puke up my food yes I agree Lowe is better than Salgado younger more hungry and a better option but how anyone can state orr is better must be watching a different game to me and to call him fantastic is laughable he is mediocre at best his positioning is awful that 1st goal QPR scored when the guy came down our right hand side a decent RB even Salgado would have cleared it into row z and taken everyone out with it not that slow lummox why we didn't pursue Baird/Onuhua was just plain suicide.

Salgado was good last season.

No he wasn't he was exposed from the day Kean took over and started playing a system that didn't suit our playing staff. Good managers develop tactics and styles around their players.

Hence why I started with "Though I don't agree with the way the contracts have been sorted in the first place"

I was merely adding in my thoughts over the situation, especially over the silly way all the new contracts were handled which was most just a ploy to syphon money off the club.

IMO that statement about orr nearly made me puke up my food yes I agree Lowe is better than Salgado younger more hungry and a better option but how anyone can state orr is better must be watching a different game to me and to call him fantastic is laughable he is mediocre at best his positioning is awful that 1st goal QPR scored when the guy came down our right hand side a decent RB even Salgado would have cleared it into row z and taken everyone out with it not that slow lummox why we didn't pursue Baird/Onuhua was just plain suicide.

Football is all about opinions - and though I don't think Orr is anything more than an average player - I still think he was better than Salgado (mainly because his legs had gone). He made the odd mistake in the QPR game - but many commented he was one of the better players against Villa (which I agree with).

I think the more important question should be - Is the team limited to a game by game budget which restricts who we can and cant play?

I have no problem with not playing the likes of Roberts & Salgado if it means they would have been given an extra year for the sake of a couple of games.

Salgado has categorically said on Twitter he isnt playing because the club cannot afford to pay his appearance money. He has said he is willing to forgo any contract renewal if it means he can play. He is training with the kids and not in the match squad and not travelling to games.

I think it is abysmally unprofessional for Agnew / Hunt to come out and say otherwise.

Salgado has categorically said on Twitter he isnt playing because the club cannot afford to pay his appearance money. He has said he is willing to forgo any contract renewal if it means he can play. He is training with the kids and not in the match squad and not travelling to games.

I think it is abysmally unprofessional for Agnew / Hunt to come out and say otherwise.

And a pretty abysmal way to treat a legend of the game all round.

I think we can kiss goodbye to signing even faded stars. I mean, just look at Zenden, yo can imagine what's in the back of his mind. Will I be made a complete fool out of and do I need the money that much?

Hates a very strong word. Sam's done well in football a world that is renowned for being ruthless.

I wasn't a big fan of Sam's chosen style. However with the same players kean managed to break our 40 year record Sam had us 10th.

Wonder what that says about Kean?

Kean is doing something different, with quite a few different players. He's not doing as well as Allardyce by any stretch of the imagination. That's plain for everyone to see. One thing is for sure though, the ones who were leading the relegation talk this season (still could be the case) and last were wrong when they said we had no option but to have Allardyce. Very wrong.

I think we can kiss goodbye to signing even faded stars. I mean, just look at Zenden, yo can imagine what's in the back of his mind. Will I be made a complete fool out of and do I need the money that much?

Training with the kids WTF, that's generally only done when players have been very naughty. I would have thought Salgado's experience would have been of great benefit to our young RB Lowe.

Very strange.

Agreed, can you imagine what players at other clubs are thinking looking at the goings on at Ewood?

Kean is doing something different, with quite a few different players. He's not doing as well as Allardyce by any stretch of the imagination. That's plain for everyone to see. One thing is for sure though, the ones who were leading the relegation talk this season (still could be the case) and last were wrong when they said we had no option but to have Allardyce. Very wrong.

Obviously otherwise every team would have a Sam in charge.

Kean made a rookie mistake he walked in and decided to change everything at once. He should have slowly altered things as signings and time allowed, but he didn't. It's a mistake many new managers make and one that they generally die by, especially mid-season. Trouble is even with a whole pre-season he still hadn't gotten it right and even now we see him reverting back to Sam's tactics.

He is a charlatan and he obviously can't be that good a coach either otherwise it would be sorted. We've only started looking semi decent since Black came on board and us now being holders of the longest time in the HISTORY of the top flight without a clean sheet shows exactly what I mean.

But hey ho the little blighters trying, bless his cotton socks.

Archived