BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum pre-meet

From reading the last Fans Forum meeting minutes the club representative admitted that they understood the views that the broken relationship with most fans could only be achieved with a change of manager, how have the club resolved this situation?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading the last Fans Forum meeting minutes the club representative admitted that they understood the views that the broken relationship with most fans could only be achieved with a change of manager, how have the club resolved this situation?

same way as usual, done the opposite

Thought I'd raise the topic of the next fans forum agenda setting meeting coming up next week. Is there anything, apart from the usual (Kean / Agnew / Singh) questions that you'd like raising? If we could keep it to questions as opposed to the pros and cons of the Fans Forum, etc that would be great and much easier to keep up with...

:rover:

Season Ticket sales - customer survey

What steps have the club taken to discover the reasons for the drop in ST sales from almost 20k two seasons ago to less than half that now ? Have they conducted any customer surveys to discover what are the reasons for this decrease in sales ?

The club might find it useful to find out why the drop in sales has occured and what they can do about it. To do this, the club could conduct a simple survey of those fans who used to hold a ST with two questions:

1. What is the main reason why you have not bought a ST this season ?

2. Is there is one thing which they club could do which would lead you to buying a ST ?

Hi Glen, either Wednesday or Thursday next week - not 100% sure as we've had to move it due to the MK Dons match. Usual room at Ewood that I think you've probably had your meetings in as well. Will firm the info up as soon as I know myself...

Pre-meet now confirmed as Wednesday 29th ;)

Season Ticket sales - customer survey

What steps have the club taken to discover the reasons for the drop in ST sales from almost 20k two seasons ago to less than half that now ? Have they conducted any customer surveys to discover what are the reasons for this decrease in sales ?

The club might find it useful to find out why the drop in sales has occured and what they can do about it. To do this, the club could conduct a simple survey of those fans who used to hold a ST with two questions:

1. What is the main reason why you have not bought a ST this season ?

2. Is there is one thing which they club could do which would lead you to buying a ST ?

Er, Coco, sack Coco

ok soon as you know details let me know, will see if i can get a few to attend, you will have to let me know how many you can fit in,

Hi Glen, the meeting will be on the day following the MK Dons match - Wednesday 29th with a 7.15pm start. The room has a capacity of 20 and we have 17 names already, so am afraif that there would only be space for 3 people. If you are coming, could you let me know - we are to meet in Blues Bar and then will get taken upto the room.

Pre-meet now confirmed as Wednesday 29th ;)

Cheers Ben :rover:

Hi Glen, the meeting will be on the day following the MK Dons match - Wednesday 29th with a 7.15pm start. The room has a capacity of 20 and we have 17 names already, so am afraif that there would only be space for 3 people. If you are coming, could you let me know - we are to meet in Blues Bar and then will get taken upto the room.

So it's not open to all then is it? I mean for instance you could only fit in the room half of those supporters who have been elected by their members, the other half would be refused entry.

Basically its the Fans Forum committee, then 4/5 others?

• Backroom

When I was on the fans forum the pre meets were advertised and nobody ever turned up from outside the fans forum and I imagine it's still the case, the size of the room has never been an issue and I can't see it ever being and if it was I presume alternate arrangements would be made.

I fully respect and support what you and the action group committee do and have done but I do feel your tendency to put down others groups at times can come across as a bit un-needed in these times where groups don't need to ne competing and need to work together and use it ones individual strengths

Let's pick our battles wisely as I'm sure you have learnt in this whole thing

Cheers Ben :rover:

Ok Andy, if the spots get filled no worries, was hoping that quite a few could have attended as I was gonna promote it to the group members to give them another chance to get some points across, which you could take into your meeting.

I think it would be unfair for me to take one of those spots as I do get the opportunity to put across points already, but if there are no takers next week, keep me informed and I will come along and see if Mark wants to come with me

So it's not open to all then is it? I mean for instance you could only fit in the room half of those supporters who have been elected by their members, the other half would be refused entry.

Basically its the Fans Forum committee, then 4/5 others?

By the same argument Blakeys held 500 yet there were 13500 at Ewood on Wednesday.

:) :)

Not being funny but as soon as I saw Fernhurst Rover's post about only 3 people, I knew it would be "a problem".

Guys, I understand there is friction between BRFCAG and FF but suck it up.

With Singh outing himself as having to toe the line, we need a bit more unity between the fan groups. Send 3 people along and put your thoughts across - you're there to discuss your concerns not bring the opposition side for a football match.

I'm sure there are people in the FF who will be deliberately obstructive and possibly argumentative (as I expect there would be in BRFCAG) but I'm afraid you need to deal with these people at some point; equally there will be people who would feel intimidated at the thought of 10 BRFCAG members rocking up. On the plus side there are a lot of very good people in both groups and it's those people who I'd like to see communicating.

Unite the Clans...

0.jpg

Even Wallace eventually realised he needed help from those with better connections.

Not being funny but as soon as I saw Fernhurst Rover's post about only 3 people, I knew it would be "a problem".

Guys, I understand there is friction between BRFCAG and FF but suck it up.

With Singh outing himself as having to toe the line, we need a bit more unity between the fan groups. Send 3 people along and put your thoughts across - you're there to discuss your concerns not bring the opposition side for a football match.

I'm sure there are people in the FF who will be deliberately obstructive and possibly argumentative (as I expect there would be in BRFCAG) but I'm afraid you need to deal with these people at some point; equally there will be people who would feel intimidated at the thought of 10 BRFCAG members rocking up. On the plus side there are a lot of very good people in both groups and it's those people who I'd like to see communicating.

Unite the Clans...

0.jpg

Even Wallace eventually realised he needed help from those with better connections.

We meet up with the fans forum at the united meetings with other groups , so we are already working together on that front .

This was why I asked about the meeting so we could generate some interest to allow people to go along and see how it works and put some points across which people may want raising which they perhaps feel have not already been raised.

It wasnt really for my benefit I was asking just as another communication for supporters to try and utilise

We meet up with the fans forum at the united meetings with other groups , so we are already working together on that front .

This was why I asked about the meeting so we could generate some interest to allow people to go along and see how it works and put some points across which people may want raising which they perhaps feel have not already been raised.

It wasnt really for my benefit I was asking just as another communication for supporters to try and utilise

One step at a time mate.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a giant leap forward. ;)

The issues I used to consider asking the fans forum to raise was things like the volume of the PA and the queues at the bars. Remember the days when they were the problems we used to gripe about?

Now the only issue that concerns me is why a manager whose record over 18 months is as bad as any in our history, has seen us relegated and has shown no promise to improving in the role to help us bounce back, is still employed?

Obviously this is a question which, as you already say, is not something you can raise and can't be answered in these meetings. However this is now the only thing that bothers me about Rovers and is keeping away from Ewood. Whether they run out of tomato ketchup or not on a matchday no longer gripes me.

Are the supporters allowed to know what is on this "meaty" agenda for the meeting? What date will it take place on, who will be present from the club and will there be comprehensive minutes this time?

Also who is on the Fans Forum these days, as I'm no longer sure who's still on it, or new to it etc...

Are the supporters allowed to know what is on this "meaty" agenda for the meeting? What date will it take place on, who will be present from the club and will there be comprehensive minutes this time?

Also who is on the Fans Forum these days, as I'm no longer sure who's still on it, or new to it etc...

Hi Mark. Yesterday evening we held the agenda-setting meeting at Ewood. As per usual the agenda has to be agreed with the club to ensure any required staff members are available, but to give you a taste a couple of the items up for discussion include ... Replacing/repairing the Disabled Club minibus .... Arrangements for the Burnley game at Turf Moor .... Hardy perennials such as Season Ticket sales and Sponsorship are also on the list. For yesterday's meeting two new people accepted the open invitation to sit in on and contribute to the discussions.

The full meeting with the club is next Tuesday.

A full list of the current membership of the forum can be found as an inclusion in the minutes for the last meeting .... available via the official Rovers website .... Fans/Fans Forum.

Hope this helps.

Archived