BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big rovers news in tomorrows Sunday People

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected, Venky's come out and deny the story. The official line will be 'we are not selling' until they find a buyer. This one is going to run for a while I suspect. There will be interested buyers out there but not at 30m.

As a side note, didn't Venky's deny Steve Kean was getting a new contract until Nicko outed them.

This leak has come from Goldman Sachs and that is very significant. Venky's would have wanted to keep this under the radar.

As expected, Venky's come out and deny the story. The official line will be 'we are not selling' until they find a buyer. This one is going to run for a while I suspect. There will be interested buyers out there but not at 30m.

As a side note, didn't Venky's deny Steve Kean was getting a new contract until Nicko outed them.

This leak has come from Goldman Sachs and that is very significant. Venky's would have wanted to keep this under the radar.

Not sure about "as expected" im surprised they bothered responding

How do you know? Hope you're right.

How do you know? Hope you're right.

A few other people have heard the same info - one person on twitter even knew the info before the People article had been released.

It would be in Goldman Sachs' best interest to make this news public (they are looking for as many potential buyers as possible) but it wouldn't be in Venky's interest to make it public (gives the advantage to the buyer price-wise).

A few other people have heard the same info - one person on twitter even knew the info before the People article had been released.

It would be in Goldman Sachs' best interest to make this news public (they are looking for as many potential buyers as possible) but it wouldn't be in Venky's interest to make it public (gives the advantage to the buyer price-wise).

Might be to Venkys advantage to have an EPL club to sell thou!

Might be to Venkys advantage to have an EPL club to sell thou!

Venky's want to claw as much money back as possible. If word gets out they are desperate to sell the club then buyers will just put in extremely low bids. Venky's are trying their luck at the moment to see if anyone is silly enough to buy the club for 30m - that's why they are focusing their attention on buyers in the middle east (some people out there have more money than sense).

As the summer draws on, that price will surely come down.

Venky's want to claw as much money back as possible. If word gets out they are desperate to sell the club then buyers will just put in extremely low bids. Venky's are trying their luck at the moment to see if anyone is silly enough to buy the club for 30m - that's why they are focusing their attention on buyers in the middle east (some people out there have more money than sense).

I know I will probably get shot down in flames for saying this.

But the idea to make Rovers Indias team is a great idea. Tour there every year against local and other european teams BUT they have no clue at all on how to implement it.

Surely the price will come down after the window has been open for a few weeks. They will sell Robbo, Yak, Olsson, Nzonzi and maybe few others before. Surely they would go anyway but Venky´s will get transfers fees. Maybe the players will be sold on a nice discount if clubs pay straight away. Why wait further payments? United´s extra payments from Jones will also go with them I believe.

Surely the price will come down after the window has been open for a few weeks. They will sell Robbo, Yak, Olsson, Nzonzi and maybe few others before. Surely they would go anyway but Venky´s will get transfers fees. Maybe the players will be sold on a nice discount if clubs pay straight away. Why wait further payments? United´s extra payments from Jones will also go with them I believe.

That's my suspicion too. Realistically, they'll get around 15m for the club so the deficit needs to be made up somehow.

I know I will probably get shot down in flames for saying this.

But the idea to make Rovers Indias team is a great idea. Tour there every year against local and other european teams BUT they have no clue at all on how to implement it.

I agree. In theory, it is a great idea. In reality, people want to support winning teams with world superstars - that's why it was never likely to take off.

That's my suspicion too. Realistically, they'll get around 15m for the club so the deficit needs to be made up somehow.

I agree. In theory, it is a great idea. In reality, people want to support winning teams with world superstars - that's why it was never likely to take off.

Being in the top 10 or 6 in the EPL is winning. No other big teams for the UK ever go to India. So an annual tournament with first team players does make a big splash.

When Chelsea came to Bangkok before the start of the season most expats went no matter who there team was. The Thais loved it as they actually got to meet some of the players in person. Of course the Sponsors loved it as it was all over the TV here for about 3 days and they only played one game.

Being in the top 10 or 6 in the EPL is winning. No other big teams for the UK ever go to India. So an annual tournament with first team players does make a big splash.

When Chelsea came to Bangkok before the start of the season most expats went no matter who there team was. The Thais loved it as they actually got to meet some of the players in person. Of course the Sponsors loved it as it was all over the TV here for about 3 days and they only played one game.

Fair point.

What a frigging mess. And all caused by the Walker Trust.

Venky's well and truly pulled the wool over their eyes. How can they sleep at night knowing they gave the Indians the green light to completely destroy Uncle Jack's legacy?

Wouldn't it be nice if the Walker Trust held their hands up and admitted they'd fooked up. Then they make a £10m donation to Wayne Wild's share scheme as a way of trying to put things right.

That would be terrific....

Hmm, the press is to blame for our plight now. Hasn't it finally dawned on you where the real problem is ?

why do you contradict everything you type in order to make a point. One thread its the fans fault and the next its the lunes from pune.

why do you contradict everything you type in order to make a point. One thread its the fans fault and the next its the lunes from pune.

Never blamed any fans for what's happened Abbey; only pointing out the error of those who wanted change in the boardroom and dressing room and were warned it would likely end in tears.

but Jim dont paper over the cracks ,yes the results were better under him BUT there were was plently of unrest amongst the fans and plenty had stopped coming and I know a few who came back when he'd gone.Yes fans booed at the wolves match (i hand on heart wasnt one) but I was ecstatic when he went but under NOcircumstances did I , You or anyone expect us to replace him with an unexperienced ,clueless ,inept puppet.

but Jim dont paper over the cracks ,yes the results were better under him BUT there were was plently of unrest amongst the fans and plenty had stopped coming and I know a few who came back when he'd gone.Yes fans booed at the wolves match (i hand on heart wasnt one) but I was ecstatic when he went but under NOcircumstances did I , You or anyone expect us to replace him with an unexperienced ,clueless ,inept puppet.

Exactamundo.

yes the results were better under him BUT there were was plently of unrest amongst the fans and plenty had stopped coming and I know a few who came back when he'd gone.

We gained thousands of fans under Allardyce Abbey. We've lost thousands since we sacked him. They're the facts.

There wasn't 'unrest', a few moaned, as is their right (though they were in the wrong). Crowds were at their highest for a decade, so obviously not many were 'staying away till he'd gone'.

It's all moot anyway, because Allardyce would NEVER have put up with this farce of a football club.

We gained thousands of fans under Allardyce Abbey. We've lost thousands since we sacked him. They're the facts.

I give you that den but the other facts are he would have walked last season anyway and if they appointed coco we would STILL be in the same ###### as we are now.

Archived