BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

I can't help but get the feeling that Kean's future wasn't even on the agenda whilst in India. He certainly didn't give the impression that it would be in his interviews before he flew out. He has the demeanor of a man who was 110% confident that he would not be sacked.

Venkys and Kean are well aware of the uproar it would cause if he came back and announced his survival immediately in his cockey manner. So the idea is he goes to ground for a while, keeps well clear of the media and then when some of the dust has settled he will be on tv showing off. A similar stunt to when he was appointed manager in the first place. I have no doubt he was lined up well before Sam was sacked, but he knew how suspicious it would look if he was given the job straight away, so we had the caretaker spell to make it look as though he had 'earnt' a crack at management.

I pray that I am wrong, but the continued lack of news says to me 'no change'

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but get the feeling that Kean's future wasn't even on the agenda whilst in India. He certainly didn't give the impression that it would be in his interviews before he flew out. He has the demeanor of a man who was 110% confident that he would not be sacked.

Venkys and Kean are well aware of the uproar it would cause if he came back and announced his survival immediately in his cockey manner. So the idea is he goes to ground for a while, keeps well clear of the media and then when some of the dust has settled he will be on tv showing off. A similar stunt to when he was appointed manager in the first place. I have no doubt he was lined up well before Sam was sacked, but he knew how suspicious it would look if he was given the job straight away, so we had the caretaker spell to make it look as though he had 'earnt' a crack at management.

I pray that I am wrong, but the continued lack of news says to me 'no change'

Kean is a first class tit - the way he portrayed himself as a hero when he first took over, taking it upon himself to fly over to India to find out the owners "plans".

Really makes my blood boil thinking about this vile individual.

Pretty sure ex-Rover Paul Gallagher tweeted that the Dunny account was fake

To be fair, you don't need Twitter to track down Dunn.

Try any one of a handful of pubs or takeaways in the area and you're sure to come across him...

A non-Rover mate of mine has participated in the Great Manchester Run today and tweeted me this message:

@ajpe1975 @Modison #greatmanchesterrun - dedication of the run (on the back of a shirt), "I'm running for... (then in bold marker) Kean Out!"

Hope he got loads of sponsorship money!

Its all gone Far too quiet the last 2 days.

God knows what that horrible little man with the help from his agent has wormed his way into convincing Venks into doing (and we all know that they are very easily had.)

Im dreading the outcome - Kean still here in any capacity will be the worst news.

kean completly gone is the only way forward.

I'm beginning to think the only way to wake up from it is ironically to put the whole thing to bed.

Until the Venky's go, there really is no hope at all.

I just hope someone has some really good dirt on them to get them to go.

Otherwise they'll hang onto us, and if in 5 year's time they still own us, then I'm firmly of the view that by that time, we'll be a non-league outfit.

Until the Venky's go, there really is no hope at all.

I just hope someone has some really good dirt on them to get them to go.

Otherwise they'll hang onto us, and if in 5 year's time they still own us, then I'm firmly of the view that by that time, we'll be a non-league outfit.

You only have to look at Luton Town, who were today consigned to a fourth consecutive year as a non-league outfit. I remember when they were in the top flight.

Rank bad management and alleged agent involvement did for them. Sound familiar?

They finished 11th in the Championship in 2006.

And I think it was Mike Newell who took them to that position before he upset the equilibrium of the authorities by spilling the beans on agents. Significantly he has been virtually ostracized since.

You only have to look at Luton Town, who were today consigned to a fourth consecutive year as a non-league outfit. I remember when they were in the top flight.

Rank bad management and alleged agent involvement did for them. Sound familiar?

+1,000,000

And I think it was Mike Newell who took them to that position before he upset the equilibrium of the authorities by spilling the beans on agents. Significantly he has been virtually ostracized since.

What does that tell you. (rhet).

Significantly he has been virtually ostracized since.

Yes, isn't that strange?

You'd almost think football to be utterly bent, full of dodgy agents finding new ways to make more snide cash.

Thank God that's not the case, and obviously Mike Newell just happens to find himself out of favour purely by bad luck.

Thankfully we have profited through some particularly shrewd work by agents. OK, so we only paid 400k as a transfer fee for Rochina, with another 1.2 mill in agents fees. But just think how much he must be worth now. 4, possibly 5 hundred thousand pounds.

Even if this ends up being good news it has been handled so badly that it will leave a nasty taste in the mouth no matter what the outcome is. I feel that we are an unwitting part of some kind of social experiment to see how long you can keep a club going by making constant bad decisions and communicating them equally badly. How long can it go on though?

• Moderation Lead

Even if this ends up being good news it has been handled so badly that it will leave a nasty taste in the mouth no matter what the outcome is. I feel that we are an unwitting part of some kind of social experiment to see how long you can keep a club going by making constant bad decisions and communicating them equally badly. How long can it go on though?

Until these clueless idiots leave, I fear this is just the beginning....

I think people need to stop jumping to conclusions I get the impression when Nicko left this board he has been trying to re-establish his sources within the club at the end of the day since those 2 3 hour meetings we have heard absolutely nothing if it was good news Keanochio would have been shouting from the rooftops about how good he is blah blah blah he has quite obviously had talks with them and now is considering things the silence of our owners and coco speaks total volumes. One thing about this whole sorry episode that shines through Venkys really need to sell the club they are so out of their depth it would be very easy to take advantage of their naivety and the episode of Venkatesh having a chat in London with Alan Curbishley and Balaji asking Holloway's agent if he fancied the gig just illustrates the chaos behind the scenes it just beggars belief. Why we can't have like any other club a decent board, chairman,CEO who interview 5 or 6 candidates for manager like any other club. There naivety to not appoint proper people to run the club has cost us massively thus far and if they carry on as they are not appointing proper people to run the club we will continue to suffer and for me sacking Keanochio is just the start on a very long & difficult road to retain our prem. status.

Simple as.... Steve Kean has to be removed from Rovers. 18 months and his record is around 25% win rate.

How he is still in a job, is crazy!

Hoilett's going, Yak want's out. Various other players can't stand him such as Givet.

The embarassing video were he not only brings the club into dispute Re: Allardyce but then saying top 10 and Carling cup?!!

Venkys need to get in a new ceo, give the team at Ewood power and improve communications.

Otherwise all that is going to happen is a mass exodus of fans at Ewood, even more than already, continued useless transfers and

selling any decent players we have and league 1 next year.

If Venky's change things now they can still turn it around amazingly but the longer this goes on at the current rate its just

horrible to be a Rovers fan.

Praying they see the light soon.

Archived