BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

We should have a whip around to hire Glenn Mulcaire for the day. I'm sure he'd be able to turn up some juicy stuff.

I've been receiving mailing list communications from the Rovers marketing department since I first purchased a shirt years ago. I decided this evening I no longer wished to hear from them. I would encourage people to let their feelings be known in any way they see fit.

'Dear Sirs,

Assuming that the club's current finances allow for a staff presence to monitor this e-mail address - given the recent relegation and Mr Kean's bloated (though no doubt hard-earned) salary - I would be grateful if you would remove my e-mail address from your mailing list with immediate effect.

While the club's present managerial, executive and ownership structures (such as they are) remain in place - contrary to the wishes of the very customers they continue to solicit for revenue - I cannot, in good conscience, even consider purchasing a single item of merchandise until such time as the aforementioned pernicious elements are properly and fully removed.

Yours faithfully'

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it in the other thread but I think that's me done with it all

Screw em

My thoughts too.

Not renewing ST but was planning to get tickets to as many games as possible.If Agnew is appointed to the board AND Kean stays I feel I cant support this axis of evil until it is all totally swept away ...I want nothing to do with it.

They are ripping this club and its fan base to pieces,they are simply taking the p!ss out of us all.

:(

**EDIT** also, what with conspiracy theories, would Venkys be considered the owners if they had, say, a 49% share in the club, but without the ability to cast a deciding vote with regards to business decisions, hence meaning they couldn't even save the club if they wanted to? I'm not a business-type.

If Venkys have a 49% share then they would be 49% share holders. Simple. If another party had the 51% then the latter would hold the whip hand. If however the other 51% was split (say 26% & 25%) then Venkys would have to broker a deal to get majority shareholder agreement.

It looks like a perfect sh1t-storm brewing up here. I'm happy to be out of it after 30 years.

I look forward to an empty Ewood Park in early August. That's how thoroughly and utterly feked off I am with Rovers.

If there was a boycott of the first home game but a mass turn-out for the next away game then that would show that our loyalties still lie with the team but we have massive issues with the owners and the staff.

Glen, just read what you wrote above. If only that could be more widely disseminated and proved.

That is a solid Idea, allocation for the away fans being a stumbling block I'm sure. These people have to go, whatever is known about this group that is shady needs to be exposed. They clearly are only in this for themselves we need to play dirty if we have to. I can't believe the press have not been all over this, there seems to be clear breaches of rules, can someone PLEASE find documented evidence.

I've just given in :lol: and read the mirror article.. I quote "Rovers fan Agnew."

Jesus. even that is enough for me to dismiss this!

The story is likely a crock of brown stuff!

Think you are burying your head in the sand, alas.

Let's face it...Kean would have been sacked by now if there was anything to it.

He's going nowhere.

We've been told all season that 'things will come out' we've been told it and still nothing has. What the hell are people waiting for.

We've had cryptic clues and hearsay for 18 months. It's surely time for all the ITKers to actually get the truth out there. If you know something and you're sitting on it you are contributing to the downfall of our club!

The time has come to get the truth out there.

Without evidence to back any allegation it only becomes slander / libel etc etc. Resulting in court cases etc for those who made the allegations - whereas then the culprits go away scot free and cash in their pockets.

The information that has to be put out is that which evidence can be shown to support it. Then it carries weight and can do damage. It is finding that evidence that matters now. Finding out who knows what and getting them to share it.

It has been said that some signed disclosure documents - if so, makes you wonder why, were they forced to sign them, what did they know that it was worth paying for them to keep quiet. It only takes one of those to say, here is your money back and then to speak. Others then may follow.

One rumour that has gone about is keans alledged links to scottish gangsters - but without evidence to support it - it is useless.

The only way things will come out is, 1/ People talk. 2/ administration, where everything is looked at 3/ venkys selling up / takeover

Sod it, Bottom line here is......

Anderson STILL involved in Rovers had it verified plenty of times

Kean, Agnew both part of the trio which saw the Walkers trust sell to Venkys, had it verified by those who do know, there roles at rovers were pre-determined 3 months prior to the sale.

My last conversation with Agnew was quite eye opening, but he has ignored txt this week, Director of communications they say???? Pick up the phone Paul, clock ticking, answers required, meetings coming thick and fast.

Not saying any of this is wrong. But where is the evidence to support your words. without evidence it is just heresay and useless. Those who verified this, where is their evidence? Can they prove what they are saying? If they can, then why are they not doing so?

Guys. I know it's tough, but trust those with the info to use it wisely. Throw it out there now and cunning and justifiable defences will be devised long before prosecutions can be made. It's about making sure the punches don't just land, but they are knockout punches too.

The stakes seem to have raised massively recently, the penalties for getting it wrong aren't just a wrap on the knuckles and some damages for libel.

I hope glen mullan reads this... it's not all about you, so what if some *unt won't answer your calls, all you're doing when you spout on here is giving a heads up to the people who we're trying to expose. You ask for information but then you decide to print what you think you know even before your meeting.

I tweeted 17 hours ago that I thought Kean was staying but this appointment of Agnew has left me feeling more angry than I can remember for a very long time.

We need dirt on Agnew

What ARE the penalties then?

Libel, defamation take your pick - both cost a lot to the ones who lose in court. Whilst the guilty walk free, reputations in tack and able to do it again elsewhere.

I chose my words carefully in this post for a variety of reasons because there is no legally provable evidence of wrongdoing at Ewood during the Raos ownership. Without such evidence all that exists is rumour and conjecture built upon snippets of information, media items plus many nods and winks which collectively give the support a plausible chain of events. 

There is nothing, in the public domain, any person can point to as proof as to what may or may not have taken place. 

The difficulty faced by those who may or may not have knowledge of events at Ewood over the last 18 months is the lack of direct evidence which could not be denied by the perpetrator(s).

Football, for all its wealth, is a small industry with the real power concentrated in few hands. In such a situation a person who wished to be  a whistle-blower would face the prospect of being ostracised from the game and probably never working in football again. Mike Newell provides an example of this. 

Who amongst us would give up our career for Blackburn Rovers?

To those calling for the suggested ITKers to publish their knowledge I say this. In my opinion the likelihood of an individual providing the necessary evidence to back up ITKers is zero. 

It follows  the only potential for evidence of illegal activity in relation to UK law or PL rules would be with the discovery of undeniable written evidence. I suggest the likelihood of uncovering such is small. 

It's probably wise not to push individuals too hard to reveal what knowledge they have.

I must stress I am not ITK and this is not posted in anyone's behalf. 

I've no idea how much the exiting players/staff are being paid to keep quiet but is it feasible for a media outlet to match the offer on the next person (of note) to leave in return for an "inside" story.Obviously the person would have to reject the clubs offer/instructions.Just one of the desperate thoughts going on in my head at the moment,we need a break.

Jim

I chose my words carefully in this post for a variety of reasons because there is no legally provable evidence of wrongdoing at Ewood during the Raos ownership. Without such evidence all that exists is rumour and conjecture built upon snippets of information, media items plus many nods and winks which collectively give the support a plausible chain of events. 

There is nothing, in the public domain, any person can point to as proof as to what may or may not have taken place. 

The difficulty faced by those who may or may not have knowledge of events at Ewood over the last 18 months is the lack of direct evidence which could not be denied by the perpetrator(s).

Football, for all its wealth, is a small industry with the real power concentrated in few hands. In such a situation a person who wished to be  a whistle-blower would face the prospect of being ostracised from the game and probably never working in football again. Mike Newell provides an example of this. 

Who amongst us would give up our career for Blackburn Rovers?

To those calling for the suggested ITKers to publish their knowledge I say this. In my opinion the likelihood of an individual providing the necessary evidence to back up ITKers is zero. 

It follows  the only potential for evidence of illegal activity in relation to UK law or PL rules would be with the discovery of undeniable written evidence. I suggest the likelihood of uncovering such is small. 

It's probably wise not to push individuals too hard to reveal what knowledge they have.

I must stress I am not ITK and this is not posted in anyone's behalf. 

Agree with this, which would indicate there is nothing we can do about Blackburn Rovers if anything untoward has happened. We will be stuck with AKA (Anderson, Kean and Agnew) no chance of them leaving.

Oh i'm sure. MGRoad springs to mind among others, you learn to work out for yourself what's likely to be true and what's not.

Those who KNOW something is true really need to put it out there though.

My link

Read that. Pretty damning, and none of it is "alleged". The poster even puts it in a quote too, without citing a source. Wonder if anyone on there ever received a letter from any lawyers?

The worrying thing is though that that was posted 7 months ago. And it fits everything perfectly.

If what is in this link is true, then it is daming stuff. But if being the main problem. Where is the evidence? Without that it is just a fantasy story. But is something that has gone around for awhile now - but nothing to prove it.

Agree with this, which would indicate there is nothing we can do about Blackburn Rovers if anything untoward has happened. We will be stuck with AKA (Anderson, Kean and Agnew) no chance of them leaving.

I agree. One rumour is that a number of folk signed non-disclousure agreement (or whatever the wording is). My view is if that is the case, if these folk new something dodgy, illegal etc etc was going on. Then agreed for a payment to keep quiet. Then they are as guilty as those who carried out the 'crimes' in the first place. They have played a role in aiding and a betting this current situation. Therefore they should be targetted to spill the beans.

The worst thing about all this is that when all of the leeches have had their money, they will walk away fat and rich, laughing their socks off. If any evidence of wrong-doing ever comes to light, it will be used against the club in the form of points deductions, transfer embargoes, etc.

It is the long suffering fans who will (again) feel the pain.

Maybe it is best just to walk away... for our own sake...

I agree. One rumour is that a number of folk signed non-disclousure agreement (or whatever the wording is). My view is if that is the case, if these folk new something dodgy, illegal etc etc was going on. Then agreed for a payment to keep quiet. Then they are as guilty as those who carried out the 'crimes' in the first place. They have played a role in aiding and a betting this current situation. Therefore they should be targetted to spill the beans.

Even this, the existence of NDAs, is less than rumour and probably just conjecture.

Occasionaly we read of whistle-blowers in other industries who reveal what they know. In my view these are usually individuals who have, or feel they have, been wronged. There is no evidence the senior managers, with now possibly Sam Allardyce, have been mistreated. They may have disagreed with events and policies but it does not appear there are any cases of wrongful dismissal.

In Allardyce's case it seems he has been called a crook. If that goes to law the case will require anyone who states he is a crook to demonstrate this. It will not necessarily require Allardyce to show wrong-doing at Ewood.

The time has come for Andy Cryer to ask Agnew and Kean all the tough questions. It is vital that the non-messageboard reading fans, and fans who mainly get their Rovers news through the papers, are shown what is happening to our club, and what kind of individuals Agnew and Kean are. So what if it ruins LT's relationship to the club, it's not like this is Blackburn Rovers anymore except in name!

:angry:

In Allardyce's case it seems he has been called a crook. If that goes to law the case will require anyone who states he is a crook to demonstrate this. It will not necessarily require Allardyce to show wrong-doing at Ewood.

Coco was happy to team up with Allardyce - 4 August 2009: Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce appointed Steve Kean as his new first team coach. Allardyce commented that he had received numerous applications for the first team coaching position and Kean "stood out above the rest through his personality, experience and knowledge of football.''

If Coco now calls Sam a 'crook' is he referring to his experiences with Sam at Ewood until Sam's dismissal?

I'm in the process of putting together a Timeline of important dates/events to try and make some sense in my own mind out of this heap of crap.

Feel free to add/amend:

4 August 2009: Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce appointed Steve Kean as his new first team coach. Allardyce commented that he had received numerous applications for the first team coaching position and Kean "stood out above the rest through his personality, experience and knowledge of football at the highest level".

November 2010: the Indian company V H Group bought Rovers under the name of Venky's London Limited for £23 million.

13 December 2010: Allardyce was sacked by Rovers following a 2–1 defeat to former club Bolton Wanderers, with Rovers lying 13th in the league. Sir Alex Ferguson called the decision "absolutely ridiculous", while the Rovers players were taken completely by surprise by the sacking.

13 December 2010: Steve Kean was installed as caretaker of Rovers.

22 December 2010: Steve Kean was appointed manager on a contract until the end of the season to prove his abilities as manager.

4 January 2011: it was revealed by Rovers' owner Anuradha Desai, chairperson of Venkys, that Kean would be offered a new two-three year long-term contract to manage the club.

20 January 2011: it was confirmed by Blackburn that Kean had signed a contract until June 2013.

4 February 2011: John Williams resigned as executive chairman at Blackburn Rovers after initially joining as chief executive in 1997. "There is a new order, a new way of doing things and I believe the time is right for me now to move on," Williams told the club's website.

November 2011: it was confirmed by the club that Kean had improved terms signing a new contract with Rovers, despite the club being in the bottom place of the league. However, this new contract was confirmed on the club's website not to have included an extension to the length of the contract. This came despite Kean's comments less than a week earlier stating: "Yes, there have been discussions about a new contract, but I have told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions". The new deal came after months of protests at the club in which fans campaigned to have Kean removed as Rovers manager.

7 May 2012: Rovers were relegated after being defeated at home by Wigan Athletic, ending 11 years of being in the English Premier League.

10 May 2012: Blackburn Rovers deputy chief executive Paul Hunt has been sacked after calling for Steve Kean's dismissal as manager. The Club cited ''Cost cutting'' as the reason.

When its set out like this it shows Coco's meteoric rise over a few weeks from 1st team coach to caretaker manager to manager until seasons end and to manager until June 2013.

Archived