BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm ... so if Nick Harris is publicly stating that something is very wrong at the club and he wants to reveal it, yet he's still well-in with the woman at the very top making the decisions, that must mean that the indians are being held over a barrel and are helpless dupes, no?

Totally agree, we need to get a full page spread leading up to the 1st home game telling all fans not to go now matter how hard they will find it to stay away. Lets hope the LT will allow us to do so either as a full page paid ad or if they agree with us to do so and write it up themselves

I really think that a massive boycott of the first home League game is the only way of engaging the non-messageboard majority to express their anger and frustration.

As you suggest, wider exposure through the local and national media will give all Rovers fans the awareness and opportunity to show the level of opposition to the 'owners'. We will hopefully have more of an ideas who pulls the strings at the club by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

A number of independent contributors on this board have now suggested the one match boycott, I think the fact that it is billed as one-match only will have a much greater chance of success than a general 'buy nothing' campaign, although this will also keep the pressure on.

A protest involving the majority of our remaining 14000 or so fans will be covered by the national media, regardless of our lowly Championship status. We must be ready to commence the boycott campaign as soon as the 'status quo' statement is issued by the club.

If it is true that Kean has been removed as manager but kept on in a different capacity then the only hope we have left is that several managers turn down the job when approached by Venky's and cite Kean and the inability to work under him as the reason why. This might be the only way to force Venky's to fully get rid of him (note that this only applies if they are keeping him because they like him and not some other reason unbeknownst to us).

Of course Venky's could easily make another huge mistake to add to their collection and make him temporary manager...

I agree. One rumour is that a number of folk signed non-disclousure agreement (or whatever the wording is). My view is if that is the case, if these folk new something dodgy, illegal etc etc was going on. Then agreed for a payment to keep quiet. Then they are as guilty as those who carried out the 'crimes' in the first place. They have played a role in aiding and a betting this current situation. Therefore they should be targetted to spill the beans.

I'd imagine if you have evidence of wrong doing and your silence is bought then you become an accessory. As such, if there has been wrong doing and peoples silence bought they are unlikely to come forward, not because of the money but because they would be incriminating themselves!

The only way for the supporters to hit back is to vote with their feet and wallets - no more merchandise, no more season tickets, cancel renewed season tickets whereever possible.

It might be painful in the short term for loyal and die hard supporters but, IMO, it's the only way these idiots who run our club will painfully learn.

The time for whingeing on MB's etc has now gone.

And this is it. It doesn't require evidence, supporting documents, courts, panels, tribunals. You simply don't turn up, don't buy the goods and hopefully the message gets out. I think you've missed a trick though because it needed to happen for your televised games last season to have maximum impact. I'd imagine they will still quite like to receive the money the ticket sales, merchandise bring, not forgetting the sponsorship, some of which is on the back of supporter numbers etc.

Then again, as a fan it is often easier said than done.

Sounds like our only option is to hit them all where it hurts - their wallets.

That along with dishing any dirt that hasn't been let out into public knowledge yet is clearly the way to go.

Unfortunately we can't all just flick a switch and stop caring about our club, so for me starting up a seperate Blackburn Rovers is not an option until Ewood Park is closed for business 9hopefully that will never happen).

Hopefully the potential takeover bid gets pushed further forward, although I fear Rovers will be a League One side in administration before Venkys, Kean and all the other corrupt characters involved leave for good.

I'd imagine if you have evidence of wrong doing and your silence is bought then you become an accessory. As such, if there has been wrong doing and peoples silence bought they are unlikely to come forward, not because of the money but because they would be incriminating themselves!

Longsiders brings a very good point to the discussion.

Being paid to keep quiet is nullified if you know of wrongdoings and by keeping quiet you are complicit in those wrongdoings.

If it is true that Kean has been removed as manager but kept on in a different capacity then the only hope we have left is that several managers turn down the job when approached by Venky's and cite Kean and the inability to work under him as the reason why. This might be the only way to force Venky's to fully get rid of him (note that this only applies if they are keeping him because they like him and not some other reason unbeknownst to us).

Of course Venky's could easily make another huge mistake to add to their collection and make him temporary manager...

lets face it, Kean will pick a manager won't he. He won't be able to get anyone with a decent reputation thats for sure, so i fully expect a nobody who has no ability to manage a team roll up.

I also expect it to drag all summer long.

Coco was happy to team up with Allardyce - 4 August 2009: Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce appointed Steve Kean as his new first team coach. Allardyce commented that he had received numerous applications for the first team coaching position and Kean "stood out above the rest through his personality, experience and knowledge of football.''

If Coco now calls Sam a 'crook' is he referring to his experiences with Sam at Ewood until Sam's dismissal?

I'm in the process of putting together a Timeline of important dates/events to try and make some sense in my own mind out of this heap of crap.

Feel free to add/amend:

4 August 2009: Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce appointed Steve Kean as his new first team coach. Allardyce commented that he had received numerous applications for the first team coaching position and Kean "stood out above the rest through his personality, experience and knowledge of football at the highest level".

November 2010: the Indian company V H Group bought Rovers under the name of Venky's London Limited for £23 million.

13 December 2010: Allardyce was sacked by Rovers following a 2–1 defeat to former club Bolton Wanderers, with Rovers lying 13th in the league. Sir Alex Ferguson called the decision "absolutely ridiculous", while the Rovers players were taken completely by surprise by the sacking.

13 December 2010: Steve Kean was installed as caretaker of Rovers.

22 December 2010: Steve Kean was appointed manager on a contract until the end of the season to prove his abilities as manager.

4 January 2011: it was revealed by Rovers' owner Anuradha Desai, chairperson of Venkys, that Kean would be offered a new two-three year long-term contract to manage the club.

20 January 2011: it was confirmed by Blackburn that Kean had signed a contract until June 2013.

4 February 2011: John Williams resigned as executive chairman at Blackburn Rovers after initially joining as chief executive in 1997. "There is a new order, a new way of doing things and I believe the time is right for me now to move on," Williams told the club's website.

November 2011: it was confirmed by the club that Kean had improved terms signing a new contract with Rovers, despite the club being in the bottom place of the league. However, this new contract was confirmed on the club's website not to have included an extension to the length of the contract. This came despite Kean's comments less than a week earlier stating: "Yes, there have been discussions about a new contract, but I have told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions". The new deal came after months of protests at the club in which fans campaigned to have Kean removed as Rovers manager.

7 May 2012: Rovers were relegated after being defeated at home by Wigan Athletic, ending 11 years of being in the English Premier League.

10 May 2012: Blackburn Rovers deputy chief executive Paul Hunt has been sacked after calling for Steve Kean's dismissal as manager. The Club cited ''Cost cutting'' as the reason.

When its set out like this it shows Coco's meteoric rise over a few weeks from 1st team coach to caretaker manager to manager until seasons end and to manager until June 2013.

Missed a few...

June 2011 Myles Anderson joins Rovers

August 2011 Goodman (FD) leaves the club

June 2011 Mathewman leaves the club

Oct 2011 Silk (FD) joins Rovers

Jan 2012 Simon Williams leaves the club

hell there are loads more odds and ends like Brett, Nelsen and co being released on Frees.

does anybody else get the feeling that these meetings in india last week where not actually about keans position as manager but rather a discussion about shifting people around as a way of trying to cover 'their corrupt tracks'?

+100000

That, I understand, is what staff at Brockhall believe.

That makes sense as Rovers will soon have to announce their retained list and who is available. This would normally be done within a few days of the season ending but the circusesque manner of Rovers at the moment already means we are behind other clubs. Pre season will also need to be planned, new signings targeted etc.

If it is true then there is the confirmation you need that the turd is still running things.

Hmmmm ... so if Nick Harris is publicly stating that something is very wrong at the club and he wants to reveal it, yet he's still well-in with the woman at the very top making the decisions, that must mean that the indians are being held over a barrel and are helpless dupes, no?

This is what I'm thinking...

A certain friend of SSN is shafting the Indians where the sun doesn't shine.

staying away from the ground won't have a massive effect on the Venky's pockets as fan income isn't massive and Agnew will spin to the press to show us as bad supporters.if the fans stay away that cannot be the end of it. pickets and protests outside the ground will be the only way forward. if this doesn't happen continuously media interest will go dead and kean/venky's//agnew/anderson's big plan will continue unchecked...

perhaps season ticket money would be best put into a fund for private investigators and protest support? i would be willing to contribute for a start. would anyone else?

perhaps season ticket money would be best put into a fund for private investigators and protest support? i would be willing to contribute for a start. would anyone else?

10 pounds each from those that signed the petition and you've got over 40K, enough to interest a good PI.

Nobody has signed NDA's as far as I know.

As Nick Harris has said everything is being done to get things in the public domain, everyone should take note of what Nick Harris has tweeted, but without cold/hard evidence nothing can be published. Lots of people are trying to get things verified.

Rovers fans don't deserve any of this but as a collective it is a situation we have to deal with it.

Guest SuperAgentJB

I get closer to beleiving in the asset stripping/glasgwegian mafia suggestions every day -

But I still don't condone a full boycott. People say that is the way to hurt the "owners", I disagree - Boycotting the club altogether is a good way of losing hundreds of local people their jobs, be it in the ticket office, the club shop, selling pies etc..

Retaining your voice, be it from inside or outside. Maybe just going to away games, at least you are supporting other clubs/our local coach companys. Don't let the barstards make you give up your voice, because it's impossible to get back.

If you can honestly turn your back on the club, I envy you. This blue and white romance is just to strong to make me walk. Even if it is being raped by businesmen - what better reason to stand up and be counted.

If Steve Kean is involved in the club in anyway, come first game of the season I will be protesting (from MY seat.... yes MY seat)

it is hard to think like this but try;

We came before these crooks, and we will be here a long time after

Nobody has signed NDA's as far as I know.

As Nick Harris has said everything is being done to get things in the public domain, everyone should take note of what Nick Harris has tweeted, but without cold/hard evidence nothing can be published. Lots of people are trying to get things verified.

Rovers fans don't deserve any of this but as a collective it is a situation we have to deal with it.

Does Glen have access to all this info for when BRAG heas to London?

That's the way I take it. With Nicko being fed info from Kean/SEM and Harris supplied info from Venkys. Phillip mentioned yesterday, if we keep the pressure on one of the Venkys might snap.

Without evidence to back any allegation it only becomes slander / libel etc etc. Resulting in court cases etc for those who made the allegations - whereas then the culprits go away scot free and cash in their pockets.

The information that has to be put out is that which evidence can be shown to support it. Then it carries weight and can do damage. It is finding that evidence that matters now. Finding out who knows what and getting them to share it.

It has been said that some signed disclosure documents - if so, makes you wonder why, were they forced to sign them, what did they know that it was worth paying for them to keep quiet. It only takes one of those to say, here is your money back and then to speak. Others then may follow.

One rumour that has gone about is keans alledged links to scottish gangsters - but without evidence to support it - it is useless.

The only way things will come out is, 1/ People talk. 2/ administration, where everything is looked at 3/ venkys selling up / takeover

Not saying any of this is wrong. But where is the evidence to support your words. without evidence it is just heresay and useless. Those who verified this, where is their evidence? Can they prove what they are saying? If they can, then why are they not doing so?

Anderson is Kean's agent isn't he? Anderson's son plays at Rovers? so it is pretty much fact that he does have involvement at the club if only at some legitimate, innocent and benign level? why would he say he has no involvement at all?

Missed a few...

June 2011 Myles Anderson joins Rovers

August 2011 Goodman (FD) leaves the club

June 2011 Mathewman leaves the club

Oct 2011 Silk (FD) joins Rovers

Jan 2012 Simon Williams leaves the club

hell there are loads more odds and ends like Brett, Nelsen and co being released on Frees.

Thanks. It's a work in progress so I will add these and others as Ifind/remember them or as they occur, which they will.

Archived