BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

No idea if this is rubbish but this guy on twitter is still convinced Kean will be sacked

Agent_Ewood ‏@Ewood_ITK_Agent

I've been as confused as you guys the last day or so. will he get sacked or given a new role?! I can confirm that he will be sacked.

Its been a long and tiring few days for rovers fans but we just need patience. It will happen, I promise you. #Wednesday

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

Bookies get extremely nervous at the first signs of any irregular betting patterns.

An attempt to put 10m on a Club to go down whether in one lump or in dribs and drabs would send the industry into meltdown.

Also a grand scheme like that would surely need the collusion of the players. You're surely not suggesting respected pros like Robinson and Dunn and young players with their whole careers ahead of them would deliberately not try their best in order to get the Club relegated and make the Raos a few quid are you?

Betting on the PL in Hong Kong in 2001 was already running at $2.5bn.

£10m is but a drop in the Ocean in terms of global PL betting.

:rolleyes:

Bookies get extremely nervous at the first signs of any irregular betting patterns.

An attempt to put 10m on a Club to go down whether in one lump or in dribs and drabs would send the industry into meltdown.

Also a grand scheme like that would surely need the collusion of the players. You're surely not suggesting respected pros like Robinson and Dunn and young players with their whole careers ahead of them would deliberately not try their best in order to get the Club relegated and make the Raos a few quid are you?

No not at all, but if players like that (not dunny and robbo) or players like rochina etc. Who in my opinion have a lot to offer, are on the bench they cannot not help our cause, they dont know about it but are indirectly helping this dodgy bet because of the muppets' team selection? (again im not saying its true just trying to think about it)

No idea if this is rubbish but this guy on twitter is still convinced Kean will be sacked

I've been as confused as you guys the last day or so. will he get sacked or given a new role?! I can confirm that he will be sacked.

Its been a long and tiring few days for rovers fans but we just need patience. It will happen, I promise you. #Wednesday

I've no doubt that one day he will leave, I just don't think it'll be before my kids 18th birthday - they are 2 in December..

He's faker than a Baywatch Reunion.

http://www.howtofixasoccergame.com/

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not suggesting or insinuating that anything like this has definitely happened with Rovers.

However, if there is to be an informed debate then folks ought to read a 280 page long book which is the basis of a D.Phil awarded at Oxford University and has never been challenged in Court.

Betting on the PL in Hong Kong in 2001 was already running at $2.5bn.

Yes, no doubt on everything, outcomes of individual games, correct score, first goalscorers, half time/full time and so on and so on. Not just on the relegation market. A large bet like that that on one specific outcome would still raise eyebrows to put it mildly.

Plus, funny how it looked like that bet would have come sadly unstuck as late into the season as the Sunderland home match with just nine games to go.

It's the 5th or 6th time he's changed the day the Kean is supposed to be going to get the sack. The knows feck all.

Saying that,, I do hope he's right

Just not entirely sure what his agenda is if he keeps persistently saying Kean will be getting sacked.

Makes no sense though. Why promote Agnew and sack Hunt, and then sack Kean? Don't get me wrong i'd be elated if Kean was gone, but it makes no sense for them to get rid of him after promoting Agnew.

Yes, no doubt on everything, outcomes of individual games, correct score, first goalscorers, half time/full time and so on and so on. Not just on the relegation market. A large bet like that that on one specific outcome would still raise eyebrows to put it mildly.

Plus, funny how it looked like that bet would have come sadly unstuck as late into the season as the Sunderland home match with just nine games to go.

Run what happened after Sunderland through your memory bank then....

West Brom, Swansea, Spurs.... :blink:

Sod it, Bottom line here is......

Anderson STILL involved in Rovers had it verified plenty of times

Kean, Agnew both part of the trio which saw the Walkers trust sell to Venkys, had it verified by those who do know, there roles at rovers were pre-determined 3 months prior to the sale.

My last conversation with Agnew was quite eye opening, but he has ignored txt this week, Director of communications they say???? Pick up the phone Paul, clock ticking, answers required, meetings coming thick and fast.

Just catching up on things, great post Glen. I posted something of a similar nature last week regarding Kean's actual involvement at the club, based on a rumour I'd heard. That post seemed to miraculously disappear. Seems I may have hit the nail on the head and it needed something from you guys to substantiate it a bit more.

Glad to know that my source had it more or less right.

Time to unleash Armageddon!

Don't care about points deduction, we WILL rebuild butwe need these b*stards out and if things go so deep, behind bars!

RTID

Run what happened after Sunderland through your memory bank then....

That scenario would have required the players moving 5 points clear of the relegation zone towards the end of the season despite the worst hopes and intentions of the owners/whoever and then the players being instructed to deliberately throw at least eight of the last nine games and the players agreeing to it.

Otherwise, "they" just got extremely lucky we completely imploded and only managed three points from the last twenty seven. Hardly the way to invest 10 million with any degree of confidence.

Even more fanciful than most of the other conspiracy rumours on here.

Can we add Bolton away to that list?

Add City home and away and the implications get very heavy.

However, this is just football fan chit chat. No substance, no allegations being made.

Rev, read Declan Hill's book and then see what you think...

Just catching up on things, great post Glen. I posted something of a similar nature last week regarding Kean's actual involvement at the club, based on a rumour I'd heard. That post seemed to miraculously disappear. Seems I may have hit the nail on the head and it needed something from you guys to substantiate it a bit more.

Glad to know that my source had it more or less right.

Time to unleash Armageddon!

Don't care about points deduction, we WILL rebuild butwe need these b*stards out and if things go so deep, behind bars!

RTID

I'd like to believe people didnt have personal agendas, but human nature.. :unsure:

Worrying that you took all of Glen's post as fact! :unsure:

Dont get me wrong; 'Unleash Armageddon', by all means, but ONLY if there is just cause, based on FACT! If it was, I'd be there on the front line.

Otherwise, You will just be adding to the conspiracy, not getting to the bottom of it.

Hello again.

I'm still limping after our relegation - before you ask. :angry:

However I want to put local rivalries aside if I may. What you Rovers fans are going through is an absolute disgrace. I really hope you get your club back again, sooner rather than later.

If someone had put to me this scenario about Rovers or any other PL club a couple of years ago I think that I, like many other fans, would have said something of the lines of "Bloody hell, that would be funny. Never going to happen though." Well it has happened - but it's not funny. Most fans are behind you in your struggle against these morons.

Just a thought. If anybody really does have the goods on these clowns why don't you run it past Private Eye? If the rumours are true I'm sure that the Eye would love to climb in.

Good luck with the battle!

Back on topic about Kean, I would hardly take a tweet from "Mousse" (Ian Abrahams) on Talksport as conclusive evidence he is staying as manager. Conversely it seems strange his sacking hasn't already been officially announced by now.

Although am I incorrect in noticing that Kean seems to have been has been stopped speaking on Rovers behalf on a daily basis since the latest Pune meetings?

Perhaps they're hoping to sugar the pill of the announcement of our new "CEO" by making his first task to confirm Kean's removal as manager. :wacko:

That scenario would have required the players moving 5 points clear of the relegation zone towards the end of the season despite the worst hopes and intentions of the owners/whoever and then the players being instructed to deliberately throw at least eight of the last nine games and the players agreeing to it.

Otherwise, "they" just got extremely lucky we completely imploded and only managed three points from the last twenty seven. Hardly the way to invest 10 million with any degree of confidence.

Even more fanciful than most of the other conspiracy rumours on here.

Lets say I'm a bent manager making some extra cash on the side gambling against my own team.

Firstly I'd lower the quality of the squad as it's far easier to win on losers than winners. So I'd fall-out with all my best players and sell them on whilst replacing them with kids. The kids will jump at the chance to play and will follow my orders no questions asked. This way I can increase the chances of us losing, you see we're betting long term IE relegation so the little incidents don't really matter in the grand scale, just that we're one of the worst teams in the league. Then it's crazy tactics, strange team selections and we're away and laughing.

Trouble is you read the book and then reflect on Rovers. Many parallels.

Archived