BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brsit Spam Emails

I've thought about this for some time. Orwells 1984 was intended as a nightmare scenario but we are way past old Eric's 1930's vision of a future Britain. When I read this in the 70's the idea of camera's on every other lampost and monitoring devices was absolutely preposterous, yet here we are, drive through any town/city or along any major road and you will have been spotted on hundreds of security camera's, make a phone call or even have one in your pocket and your movements can be monitored, use a cash machine and it's the same. One can't even make a cash purchase for a TV or washing machine in a major store now without giving a post code and verifying your address or the transaction can't be processed. It's sinister, it's anti-personnel yet it goes on and on unabated. Does it prevent crime? Does it hell.

Anybody bothered about people invading their privacy and collecting and storing information need to stop the world and get off. If you intend to stay in the UK then first up.. bin the mob phone and the internet, cut up credit / debit cards, close all bank accounts and use cash for every transaction in or out, sell the car, buy a cycle and a narrow boat, use a made up name and clear off into the deep blue yonder. Last but not least everytime and as soon as a postman finds you move on.

Even then you'll need a lot of luck. ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've thought about this for some time. Orwells 1984 was intended as a nightmare scenario but we are way past old Eric's 1930's vision of a future Britain.

Some of the "moderating" on this thread and others is straight out of 1984 too. The concept of free speech has largely disappeared. Pravda here we come.

• Backroom

Some of the "moderating" on this thread and others is straight out of 1984 too. The concept of free speech has largely disappeared. Pravda here we come.

Now that's just not true about this thread is it?

Thanks for wasting time I could have been spending constructively actually fixing stuff.

After checking the entire thread, Total Posts Removed 1 ... and that wasn't by a mod, it was by the user themselves.

We're now really really lenient compared to a few years ago (though we do now get a lot more reports for libel/harassment), people just seem to complain about it more.

As soon as anybody breaches your privacy you ###### and moan.

Any correspondence that may or may not take place between members and adminstrators should remain private.

So you've managed to breach confidentiality again. Well done.

Thanks for wasting time I could have been spending constructively actually fixing stuff.

After checking the entire thread, Total Posts Removed 1 ... and that wasn't by a mod, it was by the user themselves.

We're now really really lenient compared to a few years ago (though we do now get a lot more reports for libel/harassment), people the same several posters just seem to complain about it more.

ftfy

This is possibly the strangest first post I've made on an internet forum but here goes. Before signing up to this site (and even then with another email account) I would not be obvious to anyone as a "Known Blackburn Rovers Supporter" this puzzled me, I cannot see how BRSIT managed to mail my work email if it did not come from Rovers.

What I can't understand is that how were WEC/BRSIT ever in possession of this data? Is it normal for an external company or organisation to be granted access to all of the customers details and then expect them to ignore the people that have opted out? As I carefully checked the correct boxes to make sure my details were not passed to a third-party I never thought that my details would be transferred in this way, maybe I was just naive.

Irrespective of all of this I am quite happy to receive an email from them as it has allowed me to read a bit more about the organisation, just a very very odd scenario.

Good first post Tom10k. Come around more often - a voice of reason.

In a document I did of my contacts,ideas etc for BRSIT I actually suggested trying to get a copy of the Rovers Mailing List by any means. After all these names are their key target audience.

Never even thought the awkward squad on here would object to that. It is a guerilla war after all.

Archived