BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

so who wants an experienced manager and who doesnt then? if singh had nothing to do with ali's recruitment, why was he seen having a meal with him? hes a bullshit merchant of the highest order, shaw wouldnt go from wanting someone like holloway to all of a sudden wanting to appoint another novice coach like mcdonald

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/blackburn-rovers/news/blackburn-in-talks-with-experienced-managers_61595.html

so who wants an experienced manager and who doesnt then? if singh had nothing to do with ali's recruitment, why was he seen having a meal with him? hes a bullshit merchant of the highest order, shaw wouldnt go from wanting someone like holloway to all of a sudden wanting to appoint another novice coach like mcdonald

To be fair he did say he was a friend of his.

Billy Davies is a defo yes from me. alot of experience of Championship football and Knowledge.

The reason Billy Davies ended up leaving Forest was interference...but would say he's a good shout if allowed to get on with the job by Shebby , Aggers , etc but IMO Venkys need to get rid of Shebby + Agnew before we can start to progress

The reason Billy Davies ended up leaving Forest was interference...but would say he's a good shout if allowed to get on with the job by Shebby , Aggers , etc but IMO Venkys need to get rid of Shebby + Agnew before we can start to progress

he was sack for Steve McClaren who failed badly.

think the chairman/owner had David Pleat has an advisor who was ask for his view on players that Davies wanted. if Pleat said no, they didnt sign them.

Just listened.

Clearly Shebby's medication needs upping.

Still banging on about a style of play as we head towards oblivion.

A small but key segment was when he said "I have to make the right decision this time".

Not "we" but "I".

I'm not having a bar of it that Berg wasn't Shebby's choice and clearly MacDonald is all tied up with his style of play delusion.

Just listened.

Clearly Shebby's medication needs upping.

Still banging on about a style of play as we head towards oblivion.

A small but key segment was when he said "I have to make the right decision this time".

Not "we" but "I".

I'm not having a bar of it that Berg wasn't Shebby's choice and clearly MacDonald is all tied up with his style of play delusion.

His nose probably grew as he said this, makes it up as he goes along.

We were told Berg was not his choice and I don't believe that either.

Too many journos' saying exactly the opposite.

Hope to listen to the interview later on.

Thanks for filling me in on some of the detail.

Agree with all of the above. Not saying that Agnew isn't poison for the club too but to say Shabby is innocent is a little far fetched. He clearly has influence and is clearly making some big decisions.

shebby is right the style of play is important. Setting a goal and values is important for any club or business. How do you want the club to play? What type of players do you want? What type of players do you want to develop? What kind of manager do we need to do this? Look at Liverpool and how much money it has cost them changing from King Kenny who preferred a more direct game to the new management. I never thought Berg was the right man but sometime people do a good pitch. I have made mistakes employing people. All companies do. It is important that we don't make the same mistake again. Billy Davies would be OK appointment. I would personally prefer Coyle or Hoddle

Regarding Ali, Shebby explained why he was at the club and that he was a friend of Ali's. Just because they had dinner, doesn't mean Ali is being employed. If you were anti-Singh like some in the club are it would be easy to "leak" that Ali was being offered a role at the club, especially with Singh and Ali being spotted eating together.

Shebby said the buck stops with him, that he makes the decisions with the blessing of the owners. Presumably he is the be all and end all as far as Venkys are concerned within the UK and footballing matters at BRFC. But board decisions have to be agreed on as a joint decision, presumably then OK'd by the triplets.

He also held is hands up and said look, I got it wrong, and we have to make the right decisions from now on. Fair play, almost an apology.

He hinted at infighting too, mentioning "enemies within" and sources of rumours about his involvement at club level. I'm of the opinion that yes he's involved pretty heavily, but someone out there is making his life hell and we can probably make our own minds up as to who that may be.

Finally he mentioned experience a lot. I get the impression that he may well have learned a few mistakes and may actually be looking for a proper manager now. I've not been converted to pro-Shebby but on this occasion I don't think he did much wrong, the anti-Shebby crew are bound to rip him to pieces for speaking publically though.

he was sack for Steve McClaren who failed badly.

think the chairman/owner had David Pleat has an advisor who was ask for his view on players that Davies wanted. if Pleat said no, they didnt sign them.

the wally with the brolley didnt take over until some time after...your right about Pleat

Billy Davies is a defo yes from me. alot of experience of Championship football and Knowledge.

Fair enough, and when he wins us promotion what then, his track record in the premier league is awful.

We need someone with the ability to get us out of this league and sustain premier league status, like Souness did 10 years ago.

I can't believe how many people think Shebby will do right by us. There are pundits who need diagrams to show what there ar*e and elbow is that can see he's clueless.

He said about our last manager that he was the best candidate he has ever interviewed. This best candidate got fired after 10 games!

There is no way I would trust he would own up if he made a big mistake. He's a snake and has the power to manipulate narrow minded people with words to ease there consciences. Pretty much like fortune tellers.

If no Hughsie etc then may it be too early but to put Bowyer in charge for a few weeks similar to Eric Black...See how he does...

Players may just respond to someone who is with them and knows the surroundings well, akin Chris Hughton at Newcastle.

How would people feel?

Like déjà vu had come round again.

Fair enough, and when he wins us promotion what then, his track record in the premier league is awful.

We need someone with the ability to get us out of this league and sustain premier league status, like Souness did 10 years ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell me your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you typed that!

If only that was our biggest worry! Let's get there first, eh? ;)

Derby didnt give him a chance with funds sadly.

He deserve a second chance at PL if he take a club up.

But firstly more important is getting promote before we even think of PL.

Shaw leaked that Shebby wanted MacDonald to make the fans turn against him. When, in fact, Shebby never wanted MacDonald or Ali.

Which means that tha Club is at war with itself. We can never succeed on the field in these circumstances.

This is why cheering on the lads very Saturday is no answer.

Apart from the fact that your post is ridiculously premature, Souness was well on his way to relegating us when he left for Newcastle.

Phil Brown seems like a nice man on the radio but his half time team talk at City still resonates and his recent track record doesn't bare much scrutiny.

I think Alan Nixon has said that Owen Coyle would not work for Venkys. For me, we should go all out for him and beg him to change his mind. Failing that, I would be happy with Billy Davies.

I said on here 5 days ago that I thought you could forget Hughes and look at either Davies or Coyle.

I will stand by this and I think Coyle is desperate for the job despite all the denials from his mate Nicko. At 25/1, he is the one who might just creep in under the radar. He has a backroom team, lives less than 2 miles from the training ground and he is ready to roll.

Archived