BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

The sticking point with Coyle(dingledom history aside) is his SEM connection and freindship with Kean(also I don't have any time for grown men that wear short shorts in public unless there playing actually playing football).

You must have sweaty balls in summer.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sticking point with Coyle(dingledom history aside) is his SEM connection and freindship with Kean(also I don't have any time for grown men that wear short shorts in public unless there playing actually playing football).

Yes i forgot about that so scrub him then. Although it seems everyone in the football industry has links to these lot :(

give him a ring then and ask him to step in. I don't think there are any barriers or legal restrictions, the only thing stopping anyone is if they can be arsed or not and if enough people would be interesred in their acquaintance. I can't be arsed personally, but fair play to other people who can. I'm not even a member of any group but it seems there is a lot of jealousy towards them because people feel they have stole the limelight a little, when in truth other people don;t have the balls to step into the limelight.

+100

dont know why people are saying, that we cant be a little picky with who we want. I think people are forgetting what kind of managers applied previously, that would be before berg got the job.

Not only that, but berg himself said he couldnt grasp why anyone would want to work the the slumdogs and whooptidoo, a little later he was hired.! Well when money and opportuniy arises, only a few would say no.

Some of those in football , are of a special breed, they have no qualms about whining and wanting more money, despite already earning a shitload. In this busniess money talks, as long as the slumdogs are prepared to pay, we could get a manager with a good pedigree and cv.

The fans as a whole, already tried to settle with berg and that kinda thinking lacks ambition, with the current climate at the club, all fans should be up the club bosses asses and demand quality.

Does anybody think that promotion THIS season is still a possibilty for us ?? because imo apppointing a Karl Robinson type would almost be an admission from the club that they dont , it would be like " well yeah we cant get promoted this year so you've got 6 months to get settled in , and have a go NEXT season" while appointing a more high profile experienced manager wouls show they think its still possible

dont know why people are saying, that we cant be a little picky with who we want. I think people are foregetting what kind of managers applied previously, that would be before berg got the job.

Not only that, but berg himself said he couldnt grasp why anyone would want to work the the slumdogs and whooptidoo, a little later he was hired.! Well when money and opportuniy arises, only a few would reject that.

Some of those in football , are of a special breed, they have no qualms about whining and wanting more money, despite already earning a shitload. In this busniess money talks, as long as the slumdogs are prepared to pay, we could get a manager with a good pedigree and cv.

True, money certianly talks but some managers who are not so desperate for opportunities will be a bit more savy in planning their careers adn I do think we are less attractive proposition than we were when Kean resigned, the boardroom fiasco seems to be erupting the surface, and been sacked after 57 days won;t sit well with a lot of managers, that said if you get paid up, a million or so quid for a couple of months work isnt to be snuffed at. I do feel that Berg is rare type of footballer that will be genuinely upset that it didn;t work out and be worried he won;t get a chance to manage again, I don;t think he is in it for the money. All in all if its money thats goin to attract managers I think the price will be higher pre Berg, possibly putting them out of reach of Venky's limited resources

phil brown, legend in his own eyes, i would take glen hoddle

On footballing terms, so would I, even if he's been away for a while. Although I would struggle to warm to him after his past misdemeanors.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, and I'm not saying he would even want it, but King Kenny? (gets tin hat)

What has something that happened 13 years ago affect his ability to be a Manager?

If a person feigns injury and otherwise acts to the detriment of the footballing side of the club due to self interest 13 years ago, would you then place him in charge now?

Simon Grayson is another who has done well at every club he has managed with three League 1 promotions with 3 different clubs and midtable finishes for all those promoted clubs.

Alan Curbishley or Mark Hughes would be even better but unlikely without assurances that Shebby is not going to be comforting the emotional aspects of the Portuguese players at the training ground.

The key is getting a strong manager who can easily run over Shebby and Agnew but unfortunately the troublesome two aren't going to appoint that manager. They would both rather have Kean and Berg.

Hughes, Curbishley and Grayson would all be goo choices.

Sadly I can't see any of Agnew, Shaw or Shebby appointing a strong experienced manager.

phil brown, legend in his own eyes, i would take glen hoddle

I would take Glen Hoodle. He'd be good for the youth also and has that Spanish connection.

Phil Brown would just turn us into more of a circus than we are now.

i dont think saunders would be any more right for the job than what berg was at the minute

according to the telegraph gomes has thrown his hat into the ring! SAY WHAT??

That report was in the LT on Thursday, since when Shebby has felt the wrath of the fans.

Besides, he's still got a list of suitably ill equiped ex players to work through.

grayson is struggling at the minute with huddersfield, there must be better applicants out there than the likes of grayson, brown and robinson

The biggest problem is with the owners and the current off the field staff(Shebby, Shaw and Agnew) being who they are,

So we will never attract a Hughes or RDM.

So we are probably looking at Hoddle, Grayson, Brown, Robinson, Sven, Billy Davies, Southgate. :brfc:

or just we take risk on Kevin MacDonald, Gary Flitcroft or even Billy McKinlay as next Manager :unsure:

Got the feeling when Shebby was answering the question of bringing in an experienced manager, that this is not what they really want for the club but that the fans seemed to be backing them into a corner over going down this route.

Archived