BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

True, money certianly talks but some managers who are not so desperate for opportunities will be a bit more savy in planning their careers adn I do think we are less attractive proposition than we were when Kean resigned, the boardroom fiasco seems to be erupting the surface, and been sacked after 57 days won;t sit well with a lot of managers, that said if you get paid up, a million or so quid for a couple of months work isnt to be snuffed at. I do feel that Berg is rare type of footballer that will be genuinely upset that it didn;t work out and be worried he won;t get a chance to manage again, I don;t think he is in it for the money. All in all if its money thats goin to attract managers I think the price will be higher pre Berg, possibly putting them out of reach of Venky's limited resources

Thats true PV... BUT

if you take a long deep breath and think about the last 2 years, things arent much worse. You´ve probably just forgotten about it and thats understandable, because we´ve been served so much @#/?, that its becoming harder and harder to keep a track of..

Despite all the turmoil, we still had applicants with a good or actually great cv prior to berg being hired.

If you turn it around and do a 180, it could be argued that those managers, those who might hesitate, already have an excuse lserved right at their feet. If things should go wrong, they could easely claim interference in team matters, a diabolical owners/board etc. If you look at it from that perspective, they wouldnt stand to lose much.

I just thought it was about time, that the fans as a whole aimed higher. We´ve had applicants like Schuster. Redknapp had his people in for talks, dont know much about holloway, but he seems to be highly thought of too, so why settle?

If they screw this one up too, hopefully the meltdown which was previously announced, will come to fruition.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the feeling when Shebby was answering the question of bringing in an experienced manager, that this is not what they really want for the club but that the fans seemed to be backing them into a corner over going down this route.

Good if we succeed this time ( and another puppet not appointed ).

We shouldn't need to be making Shebby backtrack but I don't buy this ignorance theory.

Shebby has his own agenda and wants to protect his own position.

Give it to Ade Boothroyd, a non-nonsense northerner who knows the lower leagues and is currently doing a good job at Northampton Town.

Aidy Boothroyd....!

That sound you hear is the barrel being scrapped my friend. Sacked from Colchester and Coventry on his CV, how endearing Northampton is his level, his past achievements at Watford bear in significance as it was a long time ago and largely unlikely to be repeated by the former leeds youth coach.

May i also remind the message board that Phil Brown was recently rejected from some Irish team and Hartlepool United who choose John Hughes ahead of him.

Gus Poyet, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Billy Davies, Ricardo Moniz, Craig Short, Paulo Sousa, hell i'd rather have the moderately sucesfull Kevin McDonald ahead of Boothroyd.

NO... I'm not qualified for any of these positions and neither is mullan fish or Singh . It should be left to people who are pillars of society with affection for our club..Wayne Hemingway spoke very well on radio lancs and is held in high regards.Professional jobs should not be taken by amateurs!

But they have not stepped up have they? What's that old expression ' for evil to triumph all good men have to do is nothing'?

Your obsession with BRAG is getting tiresome, I have said it before step up and offer a solution or stop with the personal attacks.

Simon Grayson is the best candidate. He was interested in October, fits Shebby's bizarre former player criteria and would be able to work with the PNE duo. He has never had a bad season in 7 years of management. I know Huddersfield are bottom of the form table - 5 draws and 3 losses in the last 8 - but they have done well to be mid-table considering we bought Rhodes off them.

Would Shebby want a proper manager though i.e. one who will tell Shebby to stick to being the link between the owners and the club rather than a Director of football? Shebby spent 5 weeks looking for a coach because he thinks he is the Director of Football with a part managerial remit. Shebby is no more a director of football than Kean was a manager.

Just to add a touch of perspective - Hughes was reportedly (i have no way of verifying it) earning 3 million a year and based on who his advisor is i don't suspect he would come here for less...

Brown is a freakshow i agree but he has done what is required at this level, likewise Davies. Glen Hoddle can @#/? off (personal) and i'm not convinced that Grayson is a step up from our caretaker or even McDonald!

Mullan... Please stop posting bullshit in any shape or form as you are doing more harm to the morale of fans ! Ever considered the fact that your making more enemies by the day with your outrageous smear campaign?.If you want to be respected then do the honourable thing and kean off and take fish and your best mate Singh with you!.

It´s OK Paul, calm down. The nasty man has stopped talking about you now.

Just to add a touch of perspective - Hughes was reportedly (i have no way of verifying it) earning 3 million a year and based on who his advisor is i don't suspect he would come here for less...

Brown is a freakshow i agree but he has done what is required at this level, likewise Davies. Glen Hoddle can @#/? off (personal) and i'm not convinced that Grayson is a step up from our caretaker or even McDonald!

Brown bombed at Preston and can't even get a lower league job ( ring any bells Henning?) so is sure to be in with a shout.

2005/2006 - Saved Blackpool from Relegation to League 2 after Colin Hendry was sacked during the season.

2006/2007 - 3rd place finish with Blackpool and promoted through the play-offs.

2007/2008 - 19th in the Championship with Blackpool - Good for them at the time and signs the basis for Holloway's team

2008/2009 - Leaves Blackpool mid-season and drops down a division to manage Leeds United - Finishes 4th but lost in Play offs

2009/2010 - Finishes 2nd with Leeds in League 1

2010/2011 - 7th place finish with Leeds in the Championship

2011/2012 - Sacked with Leeds in 9th and only 3 points off the play off places - Takes over at Huddersfield and wins promotion from League 1 through the play offs.

Hasn't done too badly IMO. Seems an unfashionable manager though.

Archived