BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chester, I still think we'd be a draw to a manager keen to get back into work. We have spent big and have players that a manager may look at and think they could improve. I'd take Davies, said it before we need to look at managers who know this division inside out.

Honestly before a management and supporting coaching/fitness team are sorted we need a reliable chairman/board etc. You cannot expect to appoint anybody with any integrity to this Circus. Sort the house out first and the furniture can be added!! It is very clear what is needed and in what order!! Anything else is just not going to work-no real debate!! Yes we need a manager ASAP but if appointed without the rest being sorted guaranteed it will only lead to further turmoil. Anybody who agrees to come under current circumstances clearly will be doing it for the wrong reasons. It is therefore imperative that the 3 are removed and replaced!

correct .... but we havnt had that in 2 years ... what makes you think we're gona get it now ? we should all know by now Venkys do not learn from their mistakes ..... i'm sure there was a quote from Mrs D quite soon after the takeover were she said something like in business you can only ever make 1 mistake .... Ha !!! i'm trying to think of a decision these clowns have made in the last 2 years that wasnt a mistake

I don't I was answering the question of what needs to be done not what I think will be done

I totally agree the manager has to bring his own backroom team in, I think the point I was trying to make is who is available to be brought in by the Manager is something which will need to be considered.

You could get for e.g a top Manager who cannot get the coaches in to replace the ones which went, and he could end up bringing in an experiment backroom team.

Im not sure of the point youre trying to make Glen. If we could get a top manager in (unlikely at the moment?) then surely wed be better off with a top manager with same backroom staff than poor manager with same backroom staff. If the backroom staff werent immediately available they could be added as and when.

If the question is "Should we only appoint a manager who has his own backroom team available and ready to roll?" that's probably an individual decision to be made depending on the calibre of the individual concerned. Berg seemingly wasn't charismatic or talented enough to succeed using the same old set up of Black/Brunskill which has already failed and got us relegated. Someone like Holloway or Redknapp might just about have been able to pull it off but even then im sure theyd both have insisted in bringing in their own backroom staff.

Also Knows how to get the best out of Rhodes. Worth a shout imo. As to any good for prem - who knows. Need to get there first.

Grayson has many positives. We could do far worse.

Just out of interest as we now need a manager and a backroom team, which element of this is most vital (I know stupid question as we have needed an experienced Manager for 2 years)

However surely the coaches also need to be armed with the experience of Managing many ex prem players , internationals , whilst being good motivators and being able to implement a higher capacity of fitness etc too.

All Manager need a good back room team, and I do think the appointment of the backroom team which ever Manager comes in is equally as important

A manager first. When appointed, Shebby and the rest of the circus get out the way and let the new manager appoint his own backroom team.

If Venkys want a manager with team in tow, such as Hughes, they'll need to shell out big bucks.

If Venkys don't want to part with the cash, then they'd still hire the manager first who can then add to the team as finances become available.

Long and short of it, I think Shebby and Venkys undervalue the role of manager. They'd best get they're thinking caps on and learn from their mistakes.

I totally agree the manager has to bring his own backroom team in, I think the point I was trying to make is who is available to be brought in by the Manager is something which will need to be considered.

You could get for e.g a top Manager who cannot get the coaches in to replace the ones which went, and he could end up bringing in an experiment backroom team.

Whisper the name Fazakerley to Shebby.

Good coach, ex Rovers.

They have denied the Ali and Macdonald thing though Gav. No backroom staff appointed yet so they may have learnt.

Yes agreed, but I get the feeling they're going to do it before we get a new manager, which is just stupid, but time will tell.

Gary Bowyer and Terry McPhillips seem like they'd be very good permanent additions to the 1st team coaching staff(maybe Bowyer for assistant), that would just mean having to get replacements for the reserve team coaching and a 1st team goalkeeping coach which shouldn't be to much of a problem.

It was going to happen though according to the latest podcast and was leaked to the press by Shebby himself.

As I suggested on another thread, they must have been lined up to come in but now a u-turn has taken place it seems.

Gary Bowyer and Terry McPhillips seem like they'd be very good permanent additions to the 1st team coaching staff(maybe Bowyer for assistant), that would just mean having to get replacements for the reserve team coaching and a 1st team goalkeeping coach which shouldn't be to much of a problem.

What cause of one win? what if they lose the next 2 games? Fans will be calling for their heads and classed as not experianced enough.

For McDonald to still be favourite means someone somewhere has put money on it. I'm presuming it's not a fan on a whim so it must be someone in the know. Bookies odds don't change because of rumour and press speculation they change because of cold hard cash being placed.

Last time I wanted Ole Gunner and nothing has changed for me on that. Molde's season has now finished so he is free. Karl Robinson been mentioned today but I'm not sure about him. He hasn't achieved anything with MK Dons as of yet.

What cause of one win? what if they lose the next 2 games? Fans will be calling for their heads and classed as not experianced enough.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Was just a suggestion and I thought it was clear I only meant as coaches to assist the a new manager(and only if its the new managers decision), they will know the entire playing staff from academy to 1st team better than anybody.

For McDonald to still be favourite means someone somewhere has put money on it. I'm presuming it's not a fan on a whim so it must be someone in the know. Bookies odds don't change because of rumour and press speculation they change because of cold hard cash being placed.

Last time I wanted Ole Gunner and nothing has changed for me on that. Molde's season has now finished so he is free. Karl Robinson been mentioned today but I'm not sure about him. He hasn't achieved anything with MK Dons as of yet.

OGS(and his coaching team) would still be my 1st choice if this 'promotion or nothing' has been put to bed and the realistic aim is to push for the playoffs this year but have the serious aim for automatic promotion next season.

Archived