BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Down in London for a couple of days and interestingly enough, have heard several people link Curbishley with job.

My previous understanding was that he nearly replaced Kean at one stage and I think he met at least one of the brothers back then.

Yes he met them prior to the Chelsea game, hotel in London. Royal something, cant remember the name of it now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My preferred choice when Berg got the gig. Curbishley may have been out of the game a wee while longer than many would hope their manager to be, but he talks sense and he knows how to teach the basics very very well. Football is made to be far more complicated than it needs to be sometimes.

Curbishley would be an excellent choice.

And your comment made me smile. When I was at a weekend youth coaching course in Vegas, and stressing about remembering all the information being thrown at us, an old Italian coach once told me "Football is a simple game. It takes a genius to mess it up."

got a sneaky feeling for Nuno Gomes as player manager already at the club and be told who he's having as backroom staff..thats reading between the lines twitter as it has to be someone close to be announced so soon..unless they had some one lined up but with the shebby/agnew show thats not possoible ?

• Backroom

Coyle is an SEM client. Considering everything that's gone down between SEM and Venky's over the past couple of years, Coyle's appointment would only point to one thing. I don't think it'll be anyone connected with SEM, personally.

got a sneaky feeling for Nuno Gomes as player manager already at the club and be told who he's having as backroom staff..thats reading between the lines twitter as it has to be someone close to be announced so soon..unless they had some one lined up but with the shebby/agnew show thats not possoible ?

That's the last thing we would need. We could kiss goodbye to the playoffs if that happened. I wouldn't want Coyle either. Curbishley would be a good shout, but Hughes would still be my first choice.

and nuno gomes has done what to inherit this position? not having a go at you athlete, just at the thought, he probably doesnt even have any coaching badges, i still think we will get a proper manager in.

nothing pal just whats on twitter and gomes linked of on Friday plus he's already at the club so no cost involved Portugese shebby link as far as shebby concerned experienced ( not at Championship or PL I may add but shebbys a fool )..I hope it isn't as we need an experienced manager with his own backroom staff with full control over all team affairs with no interference from the shebby or agnew

a message to singh, if you are reading this

listen you muppet, get a proper manager in, how hard can it be? forget pie in the sky ideas of player-managers. head coaches, india under-15 coaches, we have tried the untested route, it hasnt worked, has it not dawned on you yet??? for once listen to the fans, the media, people within the club and do the right thing instead of trying to dip your stubby fat fingers into the pie, this isnt the shebby singh show, its our club and as the club's patrons we ought to be heard, appoint a flamin manager and maybe just maybe we wil start heading in the right direction!!!

That's the last thing we would need. We could kiss goodbye to the playoffs if that happened. I wouldn't want Coyle either. Curbishley would be a good shout, but Hughes would still be my first choice.

curbishley never comes north and been out the game too long IMO and his backroom people who he works with are employed elsewhere

a message to singh, if you are reading this

listen you muppet, get a proper manager in, how hard can it be? forget pie in the sky ideas of player-managers. head coaches, india under-15 coaches, we have tried the untested route, it hasnt worked, has it not dawned on you yet??? for once listen to the fans, the media, people within the club and do the right thing instead of trying to dip your stubby fat fingers into the pie, this isnt the shebby singh show, its our club and as the club's patrons we ought to be heard, appoint a flamin manager and maybe just maybe we wil start heading in the right direction!!!

better still Singh FO out of Ewood

If anyone actually finds out who is going to be the new manager before it's common knowledge, please send me a PM with his name.

I'm a bit skint after Xmas and if it's someone like Curbishley or Coyle, I could get some of my money back from Paddy Power :)

Share the knowledge and all that :xmas:

nothing pal just whats on twitter and gomes linked of on Friday plus he's already at the club so no cost involved Portugese shebby link as far as shebby concerned experienced ( not at Championship or PL I may add but shebbys a fool )..I hope it isn't as we need an experienced manager with his own backroom staff with full control over all team affairs with no interference from the shebby or agnew

I'm with you on this one Athlete Nuno as manager with Mcdonald as his No.2. If the announcement is to be made at the Forest game they must have already agreed with someone; If it was to be Hughes or someone like Curbishley surely it would have leaked by now.

Is that from twitter or is it actually genuine?

Torn between Hughes and Curbs as who my first choice would be....probably Hughes and we could hopefully try and get Bentley back on loan.

Genuine

And whats Bentley done in the last 3-4 years which would want us to sign him on loan??

Archived