BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite funny comparing the match thread to this one. A lot of praise for the players effort, commitment and passion with substitutions seemingly made when needed. In this thread we have "someone must have been interfering, burn him!".

IF it is shebby that is interfering and making changes that lead to effort, commitment and passion then keep f#&cking doing it :rover:

Think the unfortunate one will come from one of Brown, Coyle, Curbishley, Davies, Megson and O'Driscoll - O'Driscoll would be ironic if presented before tomorrow's game !

If based on bullsh1t, I think t will be a toss-up between Brown and Coyle !

Heard an interesting one, though don't know whether correct or practical, but Coyle told if he wants to be considered, needs to find himself a new agent !

I'd say we should be looking at Billy Davies. Win % of over 40% at this level and has always done well in the championship. He'd probably be keen to get back into the game as well.

Was just about to post similar. Just looked at his record and it is surprisingly good at Championship level, consistently getting teams into the play offs, even the likes of Preston, Derby and Notts Forest who haven't been particularly strong in recent years. I know he is tainted by his Premier League record but at the moment that is irrelevant. We need someone who knows the Championship well and can get us to put some results together, and Davies fits that bill.

Funnily enough, he was appointed Forest manager on the 1st January 2009. Could be an omen...

Unless they were Injured or withdrew themselves it can only be Shebby surely as the other two were being summoned to India at the time weren't they?

Shebby is a liability he needs to go ASAP as otherwise whoever gets appointed won't have full control they will have Shebby interfereing

Think the unfortunate one will come from one of Brown, Coyle, Curbishley, Davies, Megson and O'Driscoll - O'Driscoll would be ironic if presented before tomorrow's game !

If based on bullsh1t, I think t will be a toss-up between Brown and Coyle !

It'll be based on cost, the cheaper the better, so Brown, Davies, Megson and O'Driscoll all fit the bill.

your right, hadnt noticed that, what i meant was they are still more respected and have managed at the top level, unlike davies who has mainly been a championship manager

But we are a Championship club, with now what seems owners with no clue, and idiots running the club on a daily basis. How do we attract these respected top level managers.

tj, why is robbo a trouble maker? dont talk daft, givet has been consistently one of our best defenders over the last couple of seasons, alot better than desperate dann and grant fannyley, do you work for venkys?

Givet does have ability and passion no question about that, but how many 90 minutes has he completed in the last few years, he clearly has many physical injury niggles, health issues, unhelpfully to anybody volatile and hes also recently been quoted as saying he just wants to go back to france(and his contracts up in the summer anyway), i dont recall defending either dann or hanley(both are average even at there best), we need to sign a solid experienced centre back(and equally important a solid energetic centre mid) and its likely we wil have to shift some of the high earning deadwood to really enable us to that.

Do i work for the Venkys, what do you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Driscoll once worked wonders with little old Doncaster, and didn't do half bad at Forest either. Curbishley would make us a gritty, hard to beat outfit, but he'd probably hate life under Venky's/Singh (considering he resigned from West Ham due to interference from their director of football). Out of the available options, these two would probably be my picks, but I suspect none of them are the required "yes men" we're looking for.

SSN saying rovers are hoping to appoint someone tomorrow

Do you think we're really that prepared?

Agnew/shaw have been on a plane most of the week and shebby has been taking Judan Ali out for lunch, doesn't seem there has been much happening in the way of interviews etc

Archived