BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Shebby is a liability he needs to go ASAP as otherwise whoever gets appointed won't have full control they will have Shebby interfereing

True, I went the doctors yesterday and my doctor(who is from Kolkata) was laughing saying he feels sorry for me being a Rovers fan with somebody running around the club pretending to know what he's doing.

He also said the way things are going Shebby Singh will have his own Xbox game out soon. Global Advisor 2013.

Nice to know even Indian people are laughing at us, if we are to be a laughing stock I suppose its better we don't leave anybody out.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughsie and his backroom team. This appointment would do more to bring the club together than any other. Shabster, get it sorted, pay the money.....minimum 2 yr contract,..... allow him full management authority......fans will return!!! Fans might even respect you,.....do not appoint somebody who isn't big enough for this job!!!

This is our most important choice in years......do not be thrifty with the most important position in our club.

He will sort the poor players out, get the good ones to perform consistantly.

It's the only appointment that will tick every box.

Happy New Year to all Rovers fans if we get him.

interesting tweets from Andy Cryer

CryerRovers: @taxipony Gary picked the team from the squad that was made available to him

CryerRovers: Apologies I will retype that one. Bowyer conf he had NO involvement in 4 senior players not in squad

more outside interference??

Didn't there used to be rumours of Silk or other advising about what we could afford on a game by game basis? Something to do with the affordability of their playing bonus?

I'd suggest we are on even more of an affordability challenge than last season.

I know alot has happened & it it is unlikely that Venkys & John Williams will work together again but what is to stop Shebby seeking some advice from JW?? Someone who has the club in his heart & knows what it takes for Rovers to be a success!!

We have moved on since JWs days & I cant see him back but Shebby needs allies now if what Glen M says is true!! No doubt this would be spun against shebby but if he means well, which i think he does, then he needs help!!

Di Matteo is by no means a big name manager. He won the FA Cup with Chelsea and the Champions league, but imo he got lucky with that. If he really wanted a proper challenge, then this situation would be ideal for him, but again, can we afford to risk it all at this crucial time? My choices are O Driscoll, Davies, Grayson and Coyle. Notice, that all of those are pretty much experienced at this level, with Coyle having a bit of PL experience as well. We have to be realistic here, and hope for at least a smart individual, who will be ahead of Shebby Singh in everything he does.

• Backroom
Didn't there used to be rumours of Silk or other advising about what we could afford on a game by game basis? Something to do with the affordability of their playing bonus?

I'd suggest we are on even more of an affordability challenge than last season.

It seems that Venky's have gone from extremely stringent financial control whilst we were a Premier League club to loosening the purse strings entirely and plunging us into financial turmoil after getting relegated.

Baffling.

That is what Nixon said too (how they came into contact).

The guy who told me (an agent) also confirmed what I think most people know in that the Portuguese influx was to do with Singh and his agent. If McDonald is the new man then surely players are just going to be bought and picked to the advantage of the people making money from them. Sound familiar? I hate football.

Good post, agree fully. The rebuilding does take time but we need more hungry players.I knew Shebby told some weeks ago that a manager they were interested in before Henning had become available. Surely this must be Hughes.

Thinking the exact same.

i appologise tj, im just wound up at the moment with whats going on

its fine.

i think im going to have to try avoid this forum until something actually happens, i wind myself up further reading some of the stuff on here(notaimed at you rovernout)

The guy who told me (an agent) also confirmed what I think most people know in that the Portuguese influx was to do with Singh and his agent. If McDonald is the new man then surely players are just going to be bought and picked to the advantage of the people making money from them. Sound familiar? I hate football.

is this that different to what arsene wenger(for example) does by signing bags full of young french players every year in hope that 1 or 2 of them come good, as long is its a strategy that's in place for the good of the club and not solely just to line some agents pockets I don't mind too much.

TJ, I think Wenger has at least an eye for young talent. Not all will be a success, but at least Wenger knows what he is doing, and looking for

the young Portuguese players we've brought in haven't had a good manager to work with them properly yet, but nunes and rosado have shown glimpse of real promise and i like the look of Paulo jorge from the little I've seen only time will tell. My only issue would be if they where stopping good players coming through from our own academy.

Nobody else think Keegan would be the perfect short term answer and wthe scent that for the money he gets, he ould give us our best shot of promotion this season with his man management skills and ability to get the best out of attacking players(ie.halve our squad!).

Him or Hughes were my shouts last time around, I still think the same.

Also, agree with your summary of the players on a previous post - especially Givet.

Archived