BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Coming back to the potential new manager, I just can't see a new man coming in tomorrow. There has been no time at to iron things out with them, nor discuss who they will be bringing in with them since Shebby pulled a massive u-turn on Saturday with MacDonald and Ali seemingly ruled out. Or maybe MAcDonald is the new man and Shebby has been lying to us once again.

One recent poster said something about betting patterns in Asia, i'd also be interested to know what money in Asia went on Berg before he got the job. Was at 66/1 with Victor Chandler a week before his appointment, I think though please correct me if i'm wrong.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been informed that Kevin McDonald has switched to the same Portuguese agent as a certain global advisor. Terrible news.

It's o.k. According to Glen the story about MacDonald was a completely fictitious piece leaked to the press by the lord of all evil Agnew to discredit Singh and we were never even interested in him at all.

I don't think it helps when most of the rumours posted on here are untrue, or at least unproven.

Many folk take every rumour as gospel and post their emotional reaction to it as though it were fact. They then post further pointless drivel and disgusting insults which drives the post quality down.

To be fair I suppose it's only from a handful of posters but, unfortunately, they're the ones posting every two minutes, cluttering the board up with complete garbage and thickness. I'm just wondering where the moderators are because it seems to be a "laissez-faire" approach. I think it's now uncontrollable to be fair.

It's a shame when, not only our owners drive the club down, but some of the so-called "fans" do as well. Fans continually wishing defeat on Rovers is ridiculous. Plus all the other ridiculous insults and shameful comments. I don't really care about our reputation as fans too much but it's no wonder we're wholly ridiculed by the media.

Top post, well put and completely true.

Him or Hughes were my shouts last time around, I still think the same.

Also, agree with your summary of the players on a previous post - especially Givet.

somebody seems to have fiddled with that post of mine your quoting(looks like gibberish though), it did say:-

Nobody else think Keegan would be the perfect short term answer and would give us our best shot of promotion this season with his man management skills and ability to get the best out of attacking players(ie.halve our squad!).

i read some of the posts on here & don't know whether to laugh or cry.

first off, we should all know by now to ignore the betting markets. The bookies have no more idea than we do, and the prices reflect the latest rumour.

secondly, i do realise that deep down under a hard-bitten cynical exterior we're all relentless optimists, but some of the names bandied around are pie in the sky -0 hoddle, curbishley etc. rovers are a poisoned chalice & venky's want a cheapo yes man. our wishful thinking is no more than that.

bound to be mcdonald

It's o.k. According to Glen the story about MacDonald was a completely fictitious piece leaked to the press by the lord of all evil Agnew to discredit Singh and we were never even interested in him at all.

Too many people hang on all these bits of gossip, gameplay and hearsay from the likes of Glen and Cryer. It always gets frenzied on here whenever something happens or doesn't happen and the circus gains even more momentum.

Think the unfortunate one will come from one of Brown, Coyle, Curbishley, Davies, Megson and O'Driscoll - O'Driscoll would be ironic if presented before tomorrow's game !

If based on bullsh1t, I think t will be a toss-up between Brown and Coyle !

Heard an interesting one, though don't know whether correct or practical, but Coyle told if he wants to be considered, needs to find himself a new agent !

Out of that list, and in order of preference:

Curbishley - yes please - but as I speak he's sat in the Sky studio and seems very happy doing a bit of punditry

Davies - could do well but bristly character and couldn't see him lasting with Singh or the owners for more than a week or two

Coyle - ex Dingle but passionate and we could do a lot worse

O Driscoll - teams play decent stuff and again we could do a lot worse.

Brown - pass the revover

Megson - pass the AK 47

somebody seems to have fiddled with that post of mine your quoting(looks like gibberish though), it did say:-

Nobody else think Keegan would be the perfect short term answer and would give us our best shot of promotion this season with his man management skills and ability to get the best out of attacking players(ie.halve our squad!).

Thought about that last night. Not the worst shout. Surely he'd need something a bit more tempting to be lured back into the game though.

I have to say, with some of the managers available e.g. Davies, Hughes, Coyle, Curbs... I will be absolutely GUTTED if we appoint Phil Brown.

He's a complete scumbag that fella (sounds about right for us though eh?), Jason Roberts described him as his least favourite person in football. What he did at Preston should hopefully steer him clear of Ewood but as he's so desperate to get a job in football, I can imagine him putting himself forward to be the yes man that Venkys & Shebby want. We already have too many ego maniacs, a pink sweater wearing, publicity stunt making, crap talker is not what we need.

Go away Phil Brown, you're not welcome.

P.S. I don't like him.

Bowyer has just been on Skysports news and denied there was any interference in team selection before Saturday. (He would say that I know but still)

Said he and McPhillips picked the team and subs and that "obviously" anyone else coming in would expect full control over team matters.

Straight batted any suggestions he'd be interested in the job permanently saying he and Terry were focused on preparing the team for Forest and the game after that if necessary.

interesting that interviews have taken place and not one leak, appointment on for tomorrow

You say interviews but all evidence points to a decision being made 2 weeks ago when a previously unavailable manager suddenly became available.

Are you suggesting other people were interviewed this time around because thats not how i've perceived the situation.

Archived