BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. Trouble is when Kean resigned we had a chance to take our time in as Shebby put "finding the right man for the job" it took us a ridiculous amount of time and we got Berg.

Now if we went for Ole we would have to negotiate which could take a while, and its time we don't have sadly.

Unless all negotiations with a potential manager happened around two weeks ago before Bergs dismissal. All evidence clearly points to this e.g Shebby quotes etc...hence the quick turn around. O.G doesn't tick the quoted premiership management experience box!!

i wanted Hoddle when Kean went , thought he would be perfect for us , not sure back then we would appeal to him , now we're in an even worse state there's feck all chance he would give up the sunshine of spain ant the comfort of a SKY studio

The information is we will announce a Manager tomorrow 100% so dont really know what more you want me to say

So I take it you don't know who or are we going to get told by you tomorrow that you knew all along ?

For Singh to have made such a quick decision you'd have to assume that we interviewed the person last time around, wouldn't you?

No as Shebby hinted this person wasn't available during the last round of interviews! I would therefore speculate that this person was approached whilst Berg was manager, but before he was dismissed. Thats not to say he wasn't approached during the last round of interviews though!

i wanted Hoddle when Kean went , thought he would be perfect for us , not sure back then we would appeal to him , now we're in an even worse state there's feck all chance he would give up the sunshine of spain ant the comfort of a SKY studio

Didn't Hoddle go mental? Literally.

Fitting as it's already a lunatic asylum.

Will people give Glen a break, him and Kamy have been our main sources of information in this circus we find ourselves. If he says a new manager is in tomorrow then he is probably right. If it doesn't end up happening, it's probably because the Pune crew have had one of their usual frequent over night change of minds, in which case Glen has no power over that. Out of interest however, do you know who has been interviewed Glen?

No as Shebby hinted this person wasn't available during the last round of interviews! I would therefore speculate that this person was approached whilst Berg was manager, but before he was dismissed. Thats not to say he wasn't approached during the last round of interviews though!

Didn't that quote get rubbished Mullionvagrant? or maybe I'm dreaming?

I think we all assumed he was talking about Hughes if he actually said it, but Hughes isn't interested in the role under the current structure, so thats a non starter.

out of work , experienced PL and championship manager ???? mmmmmmmm........................ step forward ..... Paul Jewell

http://www.footballfancast.com/top-10s/the-10-worst-ever-premier-league-bosses/attachment/pauljewell

Oh no.....

Glen9mullan comes on dropping bombs again.

If you know something but aren't prepared to say then why the feck don't you keep it to yourself !

Isn't there room for both your approach, where you post info, I believe in good faith, that you have heard and which doesn't always turn out to be correct, as well as the one Glen has used here.

I find both interesting.

Will we have a new manager tomorrow? I have no idea. But we might have!

No as Shebby hinted this person wasn't available during the last round of interviews! I would therefore speculate that this person was approached whilst Berg was manager, but before he was dismissed.

When did he say that?

If that were the case it would tend to point to Hughes, Solskjaer or O Driscoll?

As most of the other dead beats associated with the post were still unemployed before Berg was appointed and it's hard to see how anyone would find us more attractive now than we were before Berg was appointed and potted and apply now but not then!

Edit: Or Jewell! Fook! :(

Seeing as it is panto season, I have always seen Agnew as a poisonous dwarf rather than a wicked witch. On that basis wicked witches get it first.

I am also puzzled by this @#/? that Venky's are the only feasible owners. Where has this stupidity come from that the Action Group are swallowing like four year olds at the Hippodrome?

Didn't that quote get rubbished Mullionvagrant? or maybe I'm dreaming?

I think we all assumed he was talking about Hughes if he actually said it, but Hughes isn't interested in the role under the current structure, so thats a non starter.

Oh no.....

I've not seen evidence of that (it being rubbished) hard to keep track with all the false quotes etc.... Somebody??

Glen, as asked by numerous people on here, you may not know the name of any of the candidates, if that's the case then it's probably for the best. But are you aware of whether or not the candidate is or has been a long term manager (I.e. not undertaking a caretaker role) in the past?

I'm expecting someone in the Keegan mould.

Glen9mullan comes on dropping bombs again.

If you know something but aren't prepared to say then why the feck don't you keep it to yourself !

A little harsh Mercer, I think he's just telling us that the manager will be announced tomorrow, he doesn't know who he is, or thats how I read the post.

Will people give Glen a break, him and Kamy have been our main sources of information in this circus we find ourselves. If he says a new manager is in tomorrow then he is probably right. If it doesn't end up happening, it's probably because the Pune crew have had one of their usual frequent over night change of minds, in which case Glen has no power over that. Out of interest however, do you know who has been interviewed Glen?

Thanks!

I can backup what Glen is saying.

I don't know who it is but sources in Pune are saying that an appointment set to be announced tomorrow. If it is going to happen tomorrow then I expect name will leak out tonight.

Thanks!

I can backup what Glen is saying.

I don't know who it is but sources in Pune are saying that an appointment set to be announced tomorrow. If it is going to happen tomorrow then I expect name will leak out tonight.

do you think that will that be because Balaji won't be able to resist an article appearing in the Indian Times again (time difference)???

Archived