BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at that Bloggers evening and those words did not come out of anyones mouth.

If I remember correctly someone asked, If it does not work out with Berg would we have another 5 week wait for a manager to come in?

The answer was simply circumstances change all the time, some manager could be out of work or available in the future who were not perhaps available at the time. However Berg is the Manager and we should not be discussing a replacement already?

Thanks for clearing that up Glen. Hard to know what you can believe when you read a supposed direct quote and can't take it for what it appears!! Nice one Alan :(

Thank you to Kamy and Glen for relaying info in good faith to ease some fears on here.

Looking forward to seeing who our new manager is tomorrow, I will go for Davies.

agree with comments you made.

Tho I would be happy with most experience managers tbh. what we need

i wanted Hoddle when Kean went , thought he would be perfect for us , not sure back then we would appeal to him , now we're in an even worse state there's feck all chance he would give up the sunshine of spain ant the comfort of a SKY studio

Wasn't he interviewed same day as Berg last time. If true he must be interested, you don't go to interviews for jobs you don't want. One would think anyway.

Wasn't he interviewed same day as Berg last time. If true he must be interested, you don't go to interviews for jobs you don't want. One would think anyway.

Didn't know Hoddle was interviewed last time. It could well be him then as he would 'coach' the young players like he has been doing at the Glenn Hoddle academy but would still be classed as an 'experienced manager.'

• Backroom

I was at that Bloggers evening and those words did not come out of anyones mouth.

If I remember correctly someone asked, If it does not work out with Berg would we have another 5 week wait for a manager to come in?

The answer was simply circumstances change all the time, some manager could be out of work or available in the future who were not perhaps available at the time. However Berg is the Manager and we should not be discussing a replacement already?

Joe Ainscough from vital blackburn seemed to report it in the more direct and specific manner the day after the event:
- Finally, Shebby said that if the unfortunate situation arose where Henning Berg needed to be replaced, it would not take 5 weeks to do so, as there are now managers out of work, who were not when the last appointment was made.
Source:

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=302617#ixzz2Ge1itZUZ

Either way its a funny thing to say even in general terms

Clearly it was a joke but it got me thinking about David O'Leary w/ Ray Wilkins as coach. Never thought something so far-fetched could be so plausible. Bloody weird times.

Just to clarify.it wasn't a joke. I think the tic tacs were to cover up the smell of the onion rings as they are quite potent.

Joe Ainscough from vital blackburn seemed to report it in the more direct and specific manner the day after the event:

Source:

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=302617#ixzz2Ge1itZUZ

Either way its a funny thing to say even in general terms

I saw the blog which was the source of the information probably used for the Nixon story, when that came out I asked both Paul and Mark what their recollection was and it was the same as mine.

Big rumours that the new guy is going to be Billy Davies. Good appointment if true.

A lot of money going on him as well in the betting stakes. I'm sure we'll find out within a few hours.

The more I hear about him the more I like. Best points to game average manager in the championship over several years with numerous clubs on small budgets.

Regarding the appointment, Kamy touched on some interesting points in the last podcast regarding the continental set up in Manager coaching department.

This is something WBA have done with Steve Clarke.

Do not rule this type of set-up out.

Is it what we want? I dont know, All I know is from a personal point of view an experienced Manager is needed and now is not the time to be re-inventing the wheel.

Both have been explored and whichever one they punt for, I hope for our clubs sake its the sensible one

The more I hear about him the more I like. Best points to game average manager in the championship over several years with numerous clubs on small budgets.

Has he managed in the premiership? I'm sure Singh said the manager will have premiership experience.

• Backroom

I saw the blog which was the source of the information probably used for the Nixon story, when that came out I asked both Paul and Mark what their recollection was and it was the same as mine.

Cool cool

It seems a lot of stories from many journalist come from one liners in blogs and twitter these days

Without giving any more info or hints can you say if you know the name of the interviewed candidates?

Archived