BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Ainscough from vital blackburn seemed to report it in the more direct and specific manner the day after the event:

Source:

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=302617#ixzz2Ge1itZUZ

Either way its a funny thing to say even in general terms

Ah I vaguely remember a general comment from him to the effect that there was no need to worry unduly as there were more out of work managers available than before Berg was appointed.

Which I thought was an odd thing to say given the likes of Redknapp, Holloway, McCarthy and Freedman had been snapped up etc.

Probably too much being read into the (incorrect) quote anyway. Just because someone had been "looked at" doesn't mean they're either interested or on the verge of being appointed.

Regarding the appointment, Kamy touched on some interesting points in the last podcast regarding the continental set up in Manager coaching department.

This is something WBA have done with Steve Clarke.

Do not rule this type of set-up out.

Is it what we want? I dont know, All I know is from a personal point of view an experienced Manager is needed and now is not the time to be re-inventing the wheel.

Both have been explored and whichever one they punt for, I hope for our clubs sake its the sensible one

No because Shebby would be the Director of Football.

The problem with all this build up is that it leads to names such as Hughes or OGS, or similar being mentioned.

The when it is announced it's inevitably a let down.

If its all agreed, just announce it and let's get it over with.

A lot of talk on here about Billy Davies, personally i don't know a thing about him other than a quick glance at his wiki page(which is pretty uninspiring), can somebody please briefly explain to me what his managerial style is and how he normally sets his teams out to play.

actually!!!

Dont know what wiki page i was looking at initially, but after another good look he does look ideal and it would be interesting to see what he can do with an actual budget to play with.

It'll be based on cost, the cheaper the better, so Brown, Davies, Megson and O'Driscoll all fit the bill.

Just my opinion but a manager is one member of staff that a club should spend as much on as they can possibly afford. A good manager will get another 10-20% out of individual players and the team as a whole. This is especially so in the Prem where every place is worth £75000.

Regarding the appointment, Kamy touched on some interesting points in the last podcast regarding the continental set up in Manager coaching department.

Is it what we want? I dont know, All I know is from a personal point of view an experienced Manager is needed and now is not the time to be re-inventing the wheel.

Both have been explored and whichever one they punt for, I hope for our clubs sake its the sensible one

Agreed though I would put money on that they will go for a coach like MacDonald

Have WBA got a D.O.F. ?

If they have the chances are it isn't someone who's as mad as a box of frogs.

Venky's / Shebby are in the lastest of last chance saloons here.

No more puppets.

tj, why is robbo a trouble maker? dont talk daft, givet has been consistently one of our best defenders over the last couple of seasons, alot better than desperate dann and grant fannyley, do you work for venkys?

Personally I couldn't give a stuff who they force out as long as it's plenty cos they are all underachieving. The key is in who they can bring in once the wage bill is lightened.

The problem with all this build up is that it leads to names such as Hughes or OGS, or similar being mentioned.

The when it is announced it's inevitably a let down.

If its all agreed, just announce it and let's get it over with.

They have some sort of game plan in that they don't want to announce the new manager in 2012, because its been a terrible year from Blackburn Rovers, so they'll wait until 2013 and have a clean slate.....

Just my opinion but a manager is one member of staff that a club should spend as much on as they can possibly afford. A good manager will get another 10-20% out of individual players and the team as a whole. This is especially so in the Prem where every place is worth £75000.

Couldn't agree more Gordon, I'd break the bank for the right man, but I'm convinced Venkys won't.

interesting that interviews have taken place and not one leak, appointment on for tomorrow

Probably no coincidence that the Mascot Minder and Shelving Salesman are elsewhere?

So Owen Coyles a no because he used to manage Burnley?

I understand the rivalry but where's the logic?

No to Owen Coyle as: 1) His records worse than Kean's; and, 2) He's represented by SEM.

Have WBA got a D.O.F. ?

If they have the chances are it isn't someone who's as mad as a box of frogs.

Venky's / Shebby are in the lastest of last chance saloons here.

No more puppets.

Yes Dan Ashworth as Techinal Director who is going to the England FA in the same role.

He has worked with RDM, Hodgson and Clarke.

It does speak volumes about the idiocy of some of our fans... ^_^

I don't think its the idiocy of the fans, I think its the fact that everyone thinks our owners are 'mad as a box of frogs' including the bookmakers for giving these people odds to become the next manager.

Problem is our 'owners' have an opposite view.

A lot of talk on here about Billy Davies, personally i don't know a thing about him other than a quick glance at his wiki page(which is pretty uninspiring), can somebody please briefly explain to me what his managerial style is and how he normally sets his teams out to play.

BD is like a pitbull terrier and has his captain mirror him (Paul McLaren Preston/Forest) a deep lying central midfield player who links the play and organises the team. A good passing style, with periods of high tempo and pressing. If given chance to manage upwards (ie whole club) he would get Rovers promoted but he is not a yes man and will not get the job.

If he did would last less than 57 days.

Fans would love him because he call directors/SS/Venky's every name under sun

BD is like a pitbull terrier and has his captain mirror him (Paul McLaren Preston/Forest) a deep lying central midfield player who links the play and organises the team. A good passing style, with periods of high tempo and pressing. If given chance to manage upwards (ie whole club) he would get Rovers promoted but he is not a yes man and will not get the job.

If he did would last less than 57 days.

Fans would love him because he call directors/SS/Venky's every name under sun

yea ive just updated my dum 1st post, Davis does look more than ideal, but as you say he looks the type that would demand total control.

Archived