BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right that's me finished until next year. Off on the razzle with some extras thrown in following Saturday's bet.

Hope we have something extra to celebrate tomorrow !

Healthy, prosperous New Year to all.

Problem is our 'owners' have an opposite view.

I know John. I'd like to ask Mrs D if she given the benefit of hindsight, still thinks Allardyce was worth the money we were paying him or not? I seem to rem at the time she thought he was earning too much..... or could it be that she had been made to believe that by the Fat Cuntroller. :glare:

BD is like a pitbull terrier and has his captain mirror him (Paul McLaren Preston/Forest) a deep lying central midfield player who links the play and organises the team. A good passing style, with periods of high tempo and pressing. If given chance to manage upwards (ie whole club) he would get Rovers promoted but he is not a yes man and will not get the job.

If he did would last less than 57 days.

Fans would love him because he call directors/SS/Venky's every name under sun

Paul Mckenna is the player you're on about and no not the hypnotist haha!

• Backroom
Right that's me finished until next year. Off on the razzle with some extras thrown in following Saturday's bet.

Hope we have something extra to celebrate tomorrow !

I'm staying in and having a curry, fancy sending a bottle of champagne round my way :P

Tomorrow is a massive day for Rovers, I live in hope that the fact its tomorrow is a good sign and Shebby sees it as a big name and will announce him on the pitch to a heroes welcome, Shebby will tag along for his fortnightly jaunt onto the pitch and feel all will be well

David O'leary was just filling up his car at the petrol station in Whalley and went into the garage to pay at the same time as me. He also bought a snickers, some onion rings and some tic tacs. I asked him, are they all for you David? He said "No, just the tic tacs and the onion rings. The Snickers is for a man I'm meeting down the road regarding a management job." He also asked me if I knew of any estate agents in the area.

Just a thought but maybe he could be on about Rovers!?

there is no petrol station in whalley

Right that's me finished until next year. Off on the razzle with some extras thrown in following Saturday's

Extras? Hookers and drugs mercer? Going out with a bang? Charlie Sheen Esq?

Good man, all the best to you and yours.

Ps - can I come with you?

Regarding the appointment, Kamy touched on some interesting points in the last podcast regarding the continental set up in Manager coaching department.

This is something WBA have done with Steve Clarke.

Do not rule this type of set-up out.

Is it what we want? I dont know, All I know is from a personal point of view an experienced Manager is needed and now is not the time to be re-inventing the wheel.

Both have been explored and whichever one they punt for, I hope for our clubs sake its the sensible one

Have WBA got a D.O.F. ?

If they have the chances are it isn't someone who's as mad as a box of frogs.

Venky's / Shebby are in the lastest of last chance saloons here.

No more puppets.

WBA are a well run club. They haven;t experimented with a continental style set up. Steve Clarke is currently their Manager, he was a top professional player, one of the most in demand coaches, has served his time as an assistant for many years under many top managers and has now decided to make a go of management and so far seems to be doing a decent job, he even appoints his own backroom staff, its quite traditional english stuff really. Since WBA run their club so well they have the confidence to appoint managers from different backgrounds and at different stage of their career, rather than panicking about 'Experience' and seem to be making a good fist of iit so far regarding making managerial appointments. I'm looking forward to tomorrow to find out who the new mand will be I just hope we don;'t end up with some lower league journeyman like O driscoll or Jewell, we should be careful what we wish for. Whoever t will be though I will be happy to support them and hope they will be a big success

quite a few on here would like davies but i may be wrong but doesnt he have the record of the least points ever in the prem with derby. hes always been a manager i have never rated

Davies will always be remembered for THAT season with Derby but take a look at his Championship record and you'll be surprised. I knew only of his short PL jaunt with Derby and wasn't inspired by him, then I looked up his actual record and he is actually the kinda manager we need at the moment IMO.

quite a few on here would like davies but i may be wrong but doesnt he have the record of the least points ever in the prem with derby. hes always been a manager i have never rated

Not my choice.

He's a nasty little so and so - and while he might kick a few butts early on and get a response, it wont take long for the players to resist his tactics.

O'Driscoll is one of the best coaches and tacticians in the Championship, he had to start again with Notts Forest and build a new squad, got sacked, one point off the play offs, got Doncaster promoted to Championship and kept them there, when he left, Donny got relegated!!

Davies has a great record in the Championship if not the premier league but so what, we keep him for a year, pay him off, the prem money will more than cover that, one step at a time!!

Archived