BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

I think we'd have to be delighted with him in the circumstances, despite the relative inexperience. Again as with Hughes I assumed he wasn't interested ditto Hoddle.

Agreed.

I'd be over the moon, but venkys haven't done a single good thing yet for me to believe they will this time

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
billington ! (pedantic)

Don't spoil the tale! Chaddy has just rushed down the bookies to put a big wedge on O'Leary.

Can't help feeling that Glen is trying to soften us all up to the idea of a coach + Shebby in the background in a DOF type role with his recent posts about "managers before coaches?" and "What do we feel about a DOF type arrangement.?"

Answer: might work with a top coach and a DOF like Kenny Dalglish.

Highly unlikely to work with Ronald McDonald or Judan Ali and Shebby as DOF.

Pedantic mode on: There is, just as you come off the big roundabout at Langho then take the road into Whalley - immediately on the left hand side.

Pedro's post has had quite a lot of legs for a joke!

Even more pedantic...... There isn't. The Petre Arms petrol station is in Langho not Whalley and not Billington either.

O'Driscoll is one of the best coaches and tacticians in the Championship, he had to start again with Notts Forest and build a new squad, got sacked, one point off the play offs, got Doncaster promoted to Championship and kept them there, when he left, Donny got relegated!!

Davies has a great record in the Championship if not the premier league but so what, we keep him for a year, pay him off, the prem money will more than cover that, one step at a time!!

How many mangers are there though that have good patches on their cv including getting teams promoted but everyone seems to write off becasue they aren;t the flavour of the month? I've even read people on here wouldn;t want Di Matteo although there isn;t a thing O driscoll, Davies etc have achieved which he hasn't, but he doesn;t have grey area and isn;t a gruff lower league manager so he can;t be right for us now, although it could be worth a punt on him as this could be his natural level (so might be willing to drop down at a reasonable price) at this point in his career and he has experience of working for mad owners.

Don't spoil the tale! Chaddy has just rushed down the bookies to put a big wedge on O'Leary.

Can't help feeling that Glen is trying to soften us all up to the idea of a coach + Shebby in the background in a DOF type role with his recent posts about "managers before coaches?" and "What do we feel about a DOF type arrangement.?"

Answer: might work with a top coach and a DOF like Kenny Dalglish.

Highly unlikely to work with Ronald McDonald or Judan Ali and Shebby as DOF.

sorry pal its just following this circus gets everybody touchy

Two years on, much water under the bridge and apart from the outside possibility of Mark Hughes returning to Ewood there still isn't a better manager being touted for the job in hand than the one we cast aside Sam Allardyce.... Hoddle, Holloway, Curbishley, O'Driscoll, Davies, Brown et all can't be mentioned in the same breath..... and yet there are still many who will attempt to deny this.

Not my choice.

He's a nasty little so and so - and while he might kick a few butts early on and get a response, it wont take long for the players to resist his tactics.

agree. he comes across a little nasty in his interviews

Davies will always be remembered for THAT season with Derby but take a look at his Championship record and you'll be surprised. I knew only of his short PL jaunt with Derby and wasn't inspired by him, then I looked up his actual record and he is actually the kinda manager we need at the moment IMO.

havnt seen his record but i would be very disapointed if he is appointed.

That Derby team was shocking.....I doubt anyone could have kept them up.

but the points tally was pathetic

I don't know who it is. Still got a feeling that it will be the MacDonald head coach route (hope it isn't).

Knowing Venky's there will be confusion etc and no announcement tomorrow.

The 606 comments do lean towards this. If they're ready to announce tomorrow (and I'm sure Mr Fish tweeted on Saturday that new man would be announced on Jan 1st) then Shebby will have known on Saturday. The fact that he talked about coaching players rather than a manager and rebuilding through the academy, all points to this type of appointment despite his promises to Robbie!

Obviously it'll be Cruyff....

I don't know who it is. Still got a feeling that it will be the MacDonald head coach route (hope it isn't).

Knowing Venky's there will be confusion etc and no announcement tomorrow.

I think you are on the money there Kamy , he has managed in the Prem too only a short period !!

No one else except Davies seems to get a mention ..

Puts Singh in a difficult position though with his 606 comedy sho w on Sat night !

Two years on, much water under the bridge and apart from the outside possibility of Mark Hughes returning to Ewood there still isn't a better manager being touted for the job in hand than the one we cast aside Sam Allardyce.... Hoddle, Holloway, Curbishley, O'Driscoll, Davies, Brown et all can't be mentioned in the same breath..... and yet there are still many who will attempt to deny this.

To be fair there isn't going to be a better manager for the job touted. You, I and everyone knows that. However we can only play the game in the situation that we find ourselves now. Looking back like that isn't for this thread - it's for the "aren't Venkys / SEM / the board tosspots" thread.

Not my choice.

He's a nasty little so and so - and while he might kick a few butts early on and get a response, it wont take long for the players to resist his tactics.

Not really my first choice but after we saw how badly the squad played under Mr Nice Guy Henning and even more than the rubber dinghy men that Souness inherited this squad needs a right ard barstard to stick the boot in. Basically they must be made to either shape up or ship out.

If, as expected, Davies gets the job then this would be a good move by rovers. Vast knowledge of the championship, gets the best out of players and doesn't take any nonsense. Took a very poor derby side into the premiership

Not a big name so I'm sure venkys and Singh will get some stick for that bit Davies is a sensible appointment for where we are right now.

Archived