BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

If, as expected, Davies gets the job then this would be a good move by rovers. Vast knowledge of the championship, gets the best out of players and doesn't take any nonsense. Took a very poor derby side into the premiership

Not a big name so I'm sure venkys and Singh will get some stick for that bit Davies is a sensible appointment for where we are right now.

To the contrary, I think they would be praised for finally making a sensible decision.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies reminds me of Phil Taylor, the darts player, another little man with a big attitude problem (anyone see his confrontation with Van Barneveld last night?). Don't like him and don't like his football teams but would prefer him to MacDonald if only because he is far more experienced. To be honest, we missed the boat 3 months ago when the likes of McCarthy and Holloway were available and it's very much a case of scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

• Backroom

I just can't imagine someone with Davies personality working with the likes of Singh, Shaw, and Agnew. It would be chaos, surely?

God knows what the Portuguese contingent would make of him. Or Grant Hanley when he's banned from having his pre-match Maccy D's with Robbo.

Nope, it isn't going to work.

• Backroom
Davies reminds me of Phil Taylor, the darts player, another little man with a big attitude problem (anyone see his confrontation with Van Barneveld last night?). Don't like him and don't like his football teams but would prefer him to MacDonald if only because he is far more experienced. To be honest, we missed the boat 3 months ago when the likes of McCarthy and Holloway were available and it's very much a case of scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I'd take a winner with a bad attitude any day

I'd settle for a world champion multi winner and as for last night Barnes fault ffs

He's too qualified.

Oh. Seems the perfect choice for Venkys. Objectionable Glaswegian who likes a drink or two allegedly. Nailed on cert from where I'm sat. Then again, when you say he's too qualified do you mean he's still got his driving licence?

How many other boycotting former season ticket holders are in my position, ready to forgive (but not forget) waiting with bated breath for the early morning announcement tomorrow of a MANAGER who will galvanise the whole Club and enthuse all the waverers such that our immediate response would be to resume match day team support in the old New Years Day tradition

We are reassured by Shebby that he recognises the mistakes of the past. Venkys must ensure that this critical moment in BRFC history is memorable for all the right reasons.

I do look forward to the excitement and atmosphere of closer participation but this is Venkys and I am prepared for my hopes to be dashed in which case I fear that there will be no resumption of support other than from a metaphorical distance!!

How many other boycotting former season ticket holders are in my position, ready to forgive (but not forget) waiting with bated breath for the early morning announcement tomorrow of a MANAGER who will galvanise the whole Club and enthuse all the waverers such that our immediate response would be to resume match day team support in the old New Years Day tradition

We are reassured by Shebby that he recognises the mistakes of the past. Venkys must ensure that this critical moment in BRFC history is memorable for all the right reasons.

I do look forward to the excitement and atmosphere of closer participation but this is Venkys and I am prepared for my hopes to be dashed in which case I fear that there will be no resumption of support other than from a metaphorical distance!!

In exactly the same position. Even thought about getting a half season ticket today but thought better of it. Let down too many times

I've just seen Pep Guardiola in The Royal at tockholes with a wax jacket and Hunter wellies on.

Get down to the bookies right away.

Hope not as he's never managed in England :D

Ideal scenario is that at half time an experienced manager is paraded from the tunnel between a guard of honour of spikes containing the heads of Shebby, Singh and Agnew

Archived