SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
https://mobile.twitter.com/FraddBRFC

this guy is saying Kevin Keegan as next rovers manager.

dont know how true it is

If it's Keagan looks like they have identified they need to shore up the defence :) Still an overall win ratio of just over 50% as a manager including the poor 2nd spell at Newcastle.

Same account also saying Gillespie as assistant

Who knows what's going on in the Pune Bunker, pity the Ewood mole is still not there

Not likely but would be entertaining

• Backroom

It just shows you could pick any name from English football in the last twenty years and link him and it would sound realistic

What's Les Reed up to these days?

Regarding the appointment, Kamy touched on some interesting points in the last podcast regarding the continental set up in Manager coaching department.

This is something WBA have done with Steve Clarke.

Do not rule this type of set-up out.

Is it what we want? I dont know, All I know is from a personal point of view an experienced Manager is needed and now is not the time to be re-inventing the wheel.

Both have been explored and whichever one they punt for, I hope for our clubs sake its the sensible one

I dont like the sound of this... sounds like you have been sold the idea by Shebby and that is what is about to happen....praying we go with experience and not ANOTHER risk

I've decided that some fine Henry Weston cider followed by lovely wine is the way to see out the year.....it's been absolutely Kean to be a Rovers fan in 2012, whilst Britain bathed in sporting success we endured absolute bollux. I'm going with the other 4 fans tomorrow out of morbid curiosity and to be abusive to anyone who's name in a position of power has an S in it!

a mate of mine said he spoke to keegan after the nots forest v palace game, and he asked keegan if he would ever manage again and keegan just smiled at him, (keegan knowiing my mate was a rovers fan by the shirt he was wearing)

keegan said the first thing he would do if he did would be to get a striker of billy sharps ilk... although sharp cant move clubs again, and we have rhodes, if keegan did come,, who would he buy? we have goodwillie and best to come back.

Keegan would be amazing i think, did a great job of getting city back into the prem on a small budget, his poor defensive issues shouldn't be to much of an issue in this league, he'd just needs to get everybody motivated and that's what he's best at.

not getting my hopes up though.

Swear some stories are made up on here.

I want to try

As I was walking past Anfield today wearing my Samba red and black away shirt from what seems like a life time ago I saw King Kenny, Kev Keegan, Houllier and Souness all chatting and laughing about something, hesitantly I approached.

"Wow" said I, quite taken back by the level of celebrities before me.

They each said "Hello there" and shook my hand.

I asked "Any of you guys want the Rovers job."

They scoffed and replied "We all do dwayne, we all do."

Then as they all disappeared except for King Kenny who told me to go to the Dagobah system

Swear some stories are made up on here.

I want to try

As I was walking past Anfield today wearing my Samba red and black away shirt from what seems like a life time ago I saw King Kenny, Kev Keegan, Houllier and Souness all chatting and laughing about something, hesitantly I approached.

"Wow" said I, quite taken back by the level of celebrities before me.

They each said "Hello there" and shook my hand.

I asked "Any of you guys want the Rovers job."

They scoffed and replied "We all do dwayne, we all do."

Then as they all disappeared except for King Kenny who told me to go to the Dagobah system

Dwayne - those weren't the droids you were looking for...

Everyone should do themselves a favour and avoid this thread tonight. It'll only be the usual Twitter rumour mill spinning its usual bull****

Hughes/Di Matteo/Keegan. You couldn't make it up... well, you could. :lol:

Even Billy Davies is out of our league.

Archived