BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

So, looks like no announcement today.......

This is not a criticism of the guys that posted their views that an announcement would be made today (one which mentioned 100%) but you MUST understand that literally thousands of loyal Rovers fans are desperate for news and will allow themselves (me included) to hope the rumour is true despite at least 10 similar inaccurate rumours about the timing of Keans departure.

Then of course we are deflated, if not devastated, to find yet again that the confidence the posters had that the rumour was true was misguided and premature, despite all they know about our shambles of a Board.

I'm not saying do not continue to post these rumours, please do, but badge them as just that and understand the power you wield, however unintentionally, to ruin our (new years) day.

Good post - more than fair.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It may still be today I just think most of us hoped for a pre game announcement. There will be a few people looking out for faces in the posh seats today

Peter. Taylor last four management appointments:

2007–2008 Stevenage Borough

2008–2009 Wycombe Wanderers

2010–2011 Bradford City

2011–2012 Bahrain

Well, I suppose someone could consider that to be experience.

But why throw good money after bad ?

odds make interesting viewing now, Surprised
I'm more inclined to say worried. Someone must have put a big percentage of the market on Peter Taylor to have seen him drop so far and for all other prices to be pushed so far out.

I very much hope that individual is massively out of pocket by the end of today. You'd have to be very sure to put that sort of money on it, especially as there isn't any press to have created the punters' interest in him, as far as I remember?

1/4 are ridiculous odds. Would imply there is something in it.

Relatively small betting market and on specials like this the bookies look to avoid exposure. It wouldn't take a lot of money to force the odds down and have the bookies scared, especially with all the reports that we could appoint someone today.

Think back to our last appointment, I think we had 6 different names back into odds-on before Berg was eventually appointed.

Where on earth has Taylor come from and who is driving that one ?

Can only think that Singh has spoken with Hoddle but Hoddle not interested and put forward his mate's name.

Struggling to think of a worse appointment other than Singh or Ali.

We are well and truly fecked if correct.

Relatively small betting market and on specials like this the bookies look to avoid exposure. It wouldn't take a lot of money to force the odds down and have the bookies scared, especially with all the reports that we could appoint someone today.

Think back to our last appointment, I think we had 6 different names back into odds-on before Berg was eventually appointed.

But who on earth would set the hares running with Taylor !

I would be worried, very worried as not just one bookie in isolation.

Archived