BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

I'd rather have Elizabeth Taylor.

I know she's dead !

For every name mentioned you can guarantee posts like this.

But I suppose when the 3 or 4 people deciding can't agree, what chance the fans?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Taylor would be a disaster. His record is chronic.

Why in Gods name are we yet again considering nobodies, has beens and wannabes?

I can only think that these are the only candidates that would consider working with these lunatics.

Love to be the dissenting voice ^_^ and think that Peter Taylor would be a very shrewd appointment given that we are not going to be able to simply buy our way back to the big time. To discredit him by saying it was 10 years ago would also eliminate souness, curbs, hoddle et al.

Not the glamour name many would want but for @#/? sake, the guy has 100 times the experience of Tugay/Shearer/Sherwood/Berg and is a very solid "football" man.

I´ve said it before and i´ll say it again, when a manager like schuster applied, when a manager like Redknapp, had his representatives in for a rendezvous, prior to berg being hired, i cant believe people are willing to settle once again. Those who are willing to settle for less, arent much brighter then the V´s

couldnt care less about bookmakers and their odds. (I see you beat me too it ossydave). We´ll just have to wait and see, by the sounds of it, we arent far away from a decision.

So where are the Shebbites? Do they still believe we will have a manager "100%" today?

I'm a "shebbite", didn't believe we would have a manager today and don't care as long as it is done within the next week or so. Hope someone at the ground can get a "@#/? off agnew" chant going for a bit of balance and shebby seems to be kopping a lot of @#/? for not very much

So they sacked Berg and an entire back room team, with no personnel lined up to replace them. Well done Venkys, outdoing yourselves once more. So 5 days on and no closer. I thought it was strange that there was no leak of a name - most likely due to the fact that they haven't got a clue themselves!!!

i understand the need for a fresh start, but like you´ve pointed out, that clearout should have been done, with a set of replacements lined up.

just me speculating, but i could see them dragging and delaying the proces, that way a new manager wouldnt have the time to:

1. evaluate the team properly

2. have the time to look for other players and as a result

3. Wont spend any money.

like i said, just pure speculation on my part, but with the V´s, you just dont know what to expect.

Who is the reporter at the match for Sky? Remember Ian Dowie sending this message board crazy last time by saying Garry Flitcroft will be unvailed the day after a match

It's David Craig although they havent had many reports from him,thats how bad the games is

• Backroom

Glen gets his info from Shebby I would imagine, seeing as Singh and BRFCAG have a very close relationship. If Glen is wrong then it means Shebby has either lied or been blocked by the owners/shagnew from doing what he wanted to do.

Archived