BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they have based that on past information, don't think that its a new quote that. Unfortunately.

Without a doubt a new manager is needed straight-away. We don't need people suggesting Gary Bowyer. Peter Taylor however would be an awful suggestion and I seriously hope he is not in contention. Absurd!

no, wouldnt take bowyer as manager, done well in his two games, but hasnt changed the fact that we need experience, now is a good time to appoint someone as we are on the up again, cant make a knee-jerk reaction appointment on a couple of performances.

Need a proven manager. Will see what we get.

IF it is Taylor my initial reaction is underwhelmed again. Venkeys certainly could do worse - he seems like a good coach according to all reports and has experience. Performance wise though you have to question his results - not one bit of his managerial career can be defined as a success.

Think even the shambles that we are, we should be able to do better than Taylor.

At least Taylor is a proper manager - always passionate on the sidelines and can dish out a bollocking. Best we can hope for under Venkys. Ok, his record in recent years isn't great but he did well with Hull and made Beckham England captain.

he's never been the same since he split with Brian Clough..........

Dont like this:

@MarkF1875: Manager decision has been delayed till next week. Gary Bowyer will take charge on Saturday v Bristol City

Perhaps they're seeing if Bowyer collects another scalp, giving him the chance to lay claim to the manager role and save Venkys a lot of money all in one go?

• Backroom
Oh for flying @#/? sake. The circus just goes on and on. I'd wager they're looking to do it on the cheap with Bowyer if he keeps the victories up.

Mark not a little concerned that Shebby originally promised him and the lads today as the day?

It wouldn't be the first time Shebby has made BRFCAG look stupid.

It wouldn't be the first time Shebby has made BRFCAG look stupid.
Just a shame that some have been singing it from the rooftops, therefore getting a lot of hopes up that perhaps some order had been restored. When in fact it's business as usual, and Mark, Glen, Cryer to name just a few have been made to look a little silly.

Another point to note - a week delay will be a week less that a new man will have to analyse the squad, before hopefully, adding a couple of additions. Farcical is putting if mildly.

Archived