BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Perhaps they're seeing if Bowyer collects another scalp, giving him the chance to lay claim to the manager role and save Venkys a lot of money all in one go?

This is what I think too.

I can just imagine them scratching thie heads, mystified as to "Why Gary Bowyer is not the answer, Shebby?"

Eez cheapa...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Taylor really is Shebby's choice then it proves, if proof was needed, that Shebby is a complete moron. A bit like berg, there's a reason Taylor's not managing a league club, the reason being he's an awful manager. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread taylor has connections to Spurs, like McKinlay & Sherwood. Someone needs to tell Sheby we aren't interested in his Spurs obsession. We are interested in getting the best man for the job.

I really wish fans would stop this nonsense about 'if it is so-and-so I'm finished'.

Give any new manager the chance to prove himself.

What are we? Chelsea supporters?

So basically anyone with a half a brain could be appointed and you would be happy to allow them to prove themselves, from Jedward to Mourinho?

The paranoia on this site is hilarious. In theory we have not had a manager since big Sam so our situation at the moment is nothing new. In fact I would take this situation over having Kean in charge!

Some folk would seem to prefer an announcement now for the sake of it rather than wait for the right man to be appointed.

Just chill people, we`re winning games again!

Perhaps they're seeing if Bowyer collects another scalp, giving him the chance to lay claim to the manager role and save Venkys a lot of money all in one go?

I hope not - the only real major difference over the last two matches is that bit of luck at key times. Both matches have essentially been won on the back of lucky rebounds - as scoring the opening goal gave us the platform to play with a little more freedom.

I really wish fans would stop this nonsense about 'if it is so-and-so I'm finished'.

Give any new manager the chance to prove himself.

What are we? Chelsea supporters?

Under normal circumstances I'd be with you 100% on this Eddie, but we're not dealing with normal circumstances, the owners along with Singh, Agnew and Shaw are taking the fans for mugs and people are not going to put up with it.

I'll back the new manager, but plenty won't because he’ll have been picked by a bunch of idiots who care about nothing other than their own bank balances and personal accolade.

Very interesting if it's true that we won't get a new man in till week, considering Shebby was on record about an hour ago saying we would still announce it today.

Suggests there may be a swing going on away from Shebby towards Shaw and Agnew.

Well just have to see, personally I'm happier with them taking a week than rushing and appointing Peter Taylor.

So they sacked Berg and an entire back room team, with no personnel lined up to replace them. Well done Venkys, outdoing yourselves once more. So 5 days on and no closer. I thought it was strange that there was no leak of a name - most likely due to the fact that they haven't got a clue themselves!!!

The stand ins are doing ok, two wins 6 for 1 against, can't grumble too much.

God - if this was my club I'd fly over and crack a few skulls and take over myself and sort it out. How hard can it be!

I wonder if the 'manager' had his interview and didn't fancy it.

I'm not saying any of the following is anything to do with Rovers situation and it is purely hypothetical because I don't know, but if I were a potential manager for Chumpcaster Utd.. I would want answers to the following questions before getting off my deck chair. I'd probably not apply if I was employed - even by part time outfit..

1. Who gives me the squad names I can pick the team from?

2. Why do senior pro's suddenly 'become unavailable?'

3. What actually happened in the 'miracle recovery' from injury by a former captain? Will there be any more 'injuries' like these?

4. Are there players with contracts sorted by agents or other 3rd parties, who are likely to become 'unavailable' in my tenure?

5. Does this 'unavailability' occur when they reach a certain number of games.

6. Are there payments to the players or 'other parties' involved when any of my players reach a certain number of games, or the club points and positions?

7. Are the owners unhappy with any possible payments due to 6?

8. Who is my boss?

9. Who buys the players and brings in backroom staff?

9.a. Who sell players and sacks backroom staff?

10. Does the club have a reputable scouting network or does it rely on agents to target players?

11. Are there any transfer funds left?

12. Is there a list of agents (and therefore players) who are out of bounds for future transfers?

13. Do any current members of managerial staff have links to agents and if so which one?

14. Do we have any players on our books with a right to play clause in their contract?

If these were fudged or not the answers I wanted I'd say forget it.

I wonder if the appointments are falling down as candidates ask questions at interviews? Oh as well as the people at the top disagreeing ?

I'd actually buy myself in to draw up an ethical code of practice for the club too if there wasn't already a working one in place. I would save them a fortune! But then again I'm not cheep so I wouldn't be asked I don't think.

All this of course has nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers current situation I'm sure - thank the Lord.

So basically anyone with a half a brain could be appointed and you would be happy to allow them to prove themselves, from Jedward to Mourinho?

If they appoint someone with no real footballing background (say Shebby Singh) or if they appointed some totally unknown coach (say Ali) then I would understand that, but if we appoint a recognised coach, even if he wouldn't be your first choice, then we should give them a chance.

Saying that you're going to return a half season ticket because you don't like Taylor, or Sherwood or whoever it ends up being seems to be a poor reaction to me.

You aren't supporting the owners. You aren't supporting the process. You're supporting the team. Hopefully whoever they will appoint will do a good job. We have seen enough under Kean, Black and Bowyer to know that it is possible to get this team to win, so hopefully the next man will be up to the task. I hope that it is an experienced manager and someone who can bring a bit of sense back to the club, but whoever it is should get time to show that they can do a job.

In any appointment in any business Eddie, you need proved experience and pedigree.

Sacked by Wycombe, Bradford, Palace, Bahrain and spunking the honey pot on Ade Akinbiyi is certainly not, what BRFC should be looking for.

Another opportunity missed. I used to give a damn about this club, id go to ewood over work, my family etc could you envisage doing that now... I ve lost something where i don't think il ever have the same level of passion again to put BRFC first.

I can appreciate your comments Eddie, but i doubt you catch a jet from Paris to see Rovers play? I like most others used to religiously every weekend, be down at Ewood, rain, snow , ice We would leave work early... miss the family etc.

How many BRFC fans do that now, id rather go the cinema or spend time with my partner now.

Forgive my saying but does that not make your being here a bit pointless. If you have better things to do surely you would want to do them rather than invite misery on yourself here? Just saying.

If Taylor's the best they can do they might as well stick with Bowyer. Am hoping this is just a baseless rumour.

I'd agree 100% with that. Rather see Bowyer given a run than Taylor a job. Based on only two games but I don't think Taylor is the man, was the next bright young manager one time but has spiraled down hill.

Archived