BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

If Peter Taylor is shabbys choice, he is blatantly taking the preverbial. Everybody is calling for experience, therefore he goes to extremes and appoints an old dinosaur who hasnt done anything since about 1998!

He has done plenty since 1998 - and pretty much failed at everything.

Glad the decision hasn't been made today.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they appoint someone with no real footballing background (say Shebby Singh) or if they appointed some totally unknown coach (say Ali) then I would understand that, but if we appoint a recognised coach, even if he wouldn't be your first choice, then we should give them a chance.

Saying that you're going to return a half season ticket because you don't like Taylor, or Sherwood or whoever it ends up being seems to be a poor reaction to me.

You aren't supporting the owners. You aren't supporting the process. You're supporting the team. Hopefully whoever they will appoint will do a good job. We have seen enough under Kean, Black and Bowyer to know that it is possible to get this team to win, so hopefully the next man will be up to the task. I hope that it is an experienced manager and someone who can bring a bit of sense back to the club, but whoever it is should get time to show that they can do a job.

The team would be best served by appointing the best manager available. That wouldn't be Peter Taylor. He's failed countless times, anybody can see that. So it's best to make your feelings known now. Football fans aren't stupid, most Rovers fans i know were devastated by the appointments of Kean and Berg. They were right. Taylor would be more of the same.

Really hope it's not Peter Taylor, haven't met any football fan with anything good to say about his managerial skills.

His first signing at every club used to be Junior Lewis even though he was a terrible footballer. Now he just hires Lewis as a first team coach when he takes over a club.

If they appoint someone with no real footballing background (say Shebby Singh) or if they appointed some totally unknown coach (say Ali) then I would understand that, but if we appoint a recognised coach, even if he wouldn't be your first choice, then we should give them a chance.

Saying that you're going to return a half season ticket because you don't like Taylor, or Sherwood or whoever it ends up being seems to be a poor reaction to me.

You aren't supporting the owners. You aren't supporting the process. You're supporting the team. Hopefully whoever they will appoint will do a good job. We have seen enough under Kean, Black and Bowyer to know that it is possible to get this team to win, so hopefully the next man will be up to the task. I hope that it is an experienced manager and someone who can bring a bit of sense back to the club, but whoever it is should get time to show that they can do a job.

I take your point but have no problem voicing concern that I see the appointment of Taylor as yet another (& certainly one too many ) disaster.

It shows just how clueless Shebby Singh is.

I don't like Shaw but he clearly at least knows his arse fom his elbow ( attempted to appoint Holloway and now Billy Davies who has a great track record in this league).

I thought Peter Taylor was in a museum by now and it just beggars belief that Singh wants him.

Taylor's career nosedived and looked to be over. He couldn't even cut it in the lower divisions.

Sorry, I want to see the recovery continue rather than us being finished off completely.

• Backroom

You have to be somewhat of a lunatic to place any considerable money on Rovers next manager, surely? Might as well just throw a bunch of random names in a hat, pick one out and place your bet.

Has to be Davies if they aren't going to push the boat out for Hughes. We could easily make a push for the play offs with a decent manager in charge. The two back to back wins have set us up nicely. Lets hope wolves don't sack their manager before we play them.

We need an experienced manager who has a good managerial record overall. We don't need someone who has failed that often that he is now so desperate to get on any payroll he'd willingly be a wrinkly old yesman to a power seeking oddball.

Has to be Davies if they aren't going to push the boat out for Hughes. We could easily make a push for the play offs with a decent manager in charge. The two back to back wins have set us up nicely. Lets hope wolves don't sack their manager before we play them.

With a decent run and a couple of signings I'd say 2nd spot at a push

• Backroom
Where exactly has this Taylor rumour come from?

Someone this morning fancied a bet of Phil Taylor in tonight's PDC final, however he was bit hungover and after searching for P Taylor put the money on the wrong market

Or some other daft way

Bowyers had a good response from the players with two 3 goal matches and a clean sheet.

I'd be patient over this one.

I would be inclined to agree, however, the transfer window is now open, King will go back to Man U, Richards back to Turkey, Robbo prob out, plus Etuhu if we can move him out, would have added peds but think we need him now.

We do need to replace these players and interestingly, Peds was a good substitution at the right time and claimed a great assist so as Majiball rightly says, he got a response from the players, many of them young players who he has brought throuh via under 18s and the ressies - probably knows them better than anyone!

Richards is in for the season Kelbo. It was also strongly rumoured that the king deal would be made permenant in January.

I do agree though that th transfer window may force us into making a decision.

I was told, by someone at the club, that Richards would go back to Turkey, that was whilst Berg was manager - if we lost both King and Richards, that becomes a problem!!

I think I know what is going on here. It's Shebby. He runs to the bookies and puts a wad of cash on the fella he wants to be Boss. Then he legs it home logs on here and reads the responses, then he strikes em off the list. Repeat process.

Archived