BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Dejavu this... Caretaker Black did well, replaced with Berg and it went pear shaped. now we have caretaker Bowyer doing well, and i shudder to think what will happen next.

Bowyer has done well, but this is still no time to gamble on him. We have 2 or 3 choices here, well 2 realistic options in O Driscoll and Davies. The other option is Hughes, and possibly Lambert if Villa sack him. We just have to get this appointment right!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think either Arsen Wenger or Sir Alex Ferguson being appointed as manager would have much influence on team affairs whilst the circus of Singh, Shaw and Agnew still exists.

Get rid of the lot of them, appoint a Board who know what they are doing, make announcements to supporters as and when decisions have been made and appoint an experienced manager to manage and appoint his own back room staff.

Am I dreaming or was it only 2 years ago.........?

Not rocket science is it?

Only downside would be that one or two that frequent this site would have to revert back to their day jobs!

I hope not - the only real major difference over the last two matches is that bit of luck at key times. Both matches have essentially been won on the back of lucky rebounds - as scoring the opening goal gave us the platform to play with a little more freedom.

I really disagree, the real difference has been effort. We were actually closing players down, launching into last ditch tackles and working as a team. It was an excellent performance today and each player played their part. The first goal was fortunate but the other two were well-worked.

Dejavu this... Caretaker Black did well, replaced with Berg and it went pear shaped. now we have caretaker Bowyer doing well, and i shudder to think what will happen next.

Bowyer has done well, but this is still no time to gamble on him. We have 2 or 3 choices here, well 2 realistic options in O Driscoll and Davies. The other option is Hughes, and possibly Lambert if Villa sack him. We just have to get this appointment right!

Black didn't do as well as Bowyer at all - we only got 2 points from his first 3 games in charge and was it 4 goals in 6 games? We've scored 6 in 2 under Bowyer.

Like I said on the other thread, no objection to the right manager coming in but I'd hate to see "our" coach Bowyer replaced by someone else's coach simply for the sake of it.

I am 90% sure it's his pick, ( will hold my hands up if I'm wrong ).

Davies surely has to be Shaw's as they've worked together before ( and Shebby would feel very threatened by Davies ).

People keep saying this but I'm pretty sure that Shaw and Davies fell out at Preston therefore would be unlikely to be his pick.

And the chances of that happening is about 7541/1

Bowyer has done very well so far but i dnt think he wants the manager

Well we haven't got one at the minute, so I'm not surprised.

Whoever it ends up being, I have a feeling that Agnew might 'want' him.

I don't think either Arsen Wenger or Sir Alex Ferguson being appointed as manager would have much influence on team affairs whilst the circus of Singh, Shaw and Agnew still exists.

Get rid of the lot of them, appoint a Board who know what they are doing, make announcements to supporters as and when decisions have been made and appoint an experienced manager to manage and appoint his own back room staff.

Am I dreaming or was it only 2 years ago.........?

Not rocket science is it?

Only downside would be that one or two that frequent this site would have to revert back to their day jobs!

+ Lots

Echoed completely, although I would sort of miss the manic trawling through unread pages, car-crash syndrome!!

If Taylor is in contention, then it is decision made solely by Venky's

@CryerRovers recommended to venkys. Their final decision though.

@MarkF1875 @CryerRovers Peter Taylor really?

@blesaux @MarkF1875 @CryerRovers pure speculation.. nothing concrete..

I am 90% sure it's his pick, ( will hold my hands up if I'm wrong ).

Davies surely has to be Shaw's as they've worked together before ( and Shebby would feel very threatened by Davies ).

I'd be pretty certain that Taylor is Shebby's pick as well.Probably stemming from his work as England U21's manager. From Shebby's point of view he probably sees him as someone who is used to working with younger players and working with the players he has available rather than ones he can buy.

We have done worse!

Yes - very good point. Perhaps somebody should whisper his name in Shebby's ear. After all he has the star quality that would keep Balaji and Venkatash happy, he has that Peter Taylor like quality of having hit a career brick wall many, many years ago and he has past experience of dealing with overpaid talentless prima donnas.

At the very least I think he's worthy of a rumour. It would be interesting to see if we could get his odds down to under 10-1.

Has to be Davies if they aren't going to push the boat out for Hughes. We could easily make a push for the play offs with a decent manager in charge. The two back to back wins have set us up nicely. Lets hope wolves don't sack their manager before we play them.

Push the boat out all we want, he's not going to get in it. Seems he has re-iterated that one more than one occasion. I am sure shebby sighed a big sigh of relief at that too.

The 12000 fans we've lost since Venky's took over don't see it that way Eddie.

My guess would be that a decent percentage of those supporters would come back if we got ourselves back into the Premier League.

I'm all for using a messageboard, or the trust, or BRAG to voice your discontent over the manager or the ownership. You can stay away because of the ownership or because you simply think that the entertainment value isn't good enough, but saying that if we appoint a certain owner you will no longer attend is ridiculous. Will you then come back if we've won 4 in a row? 10 in a row? Been promoted?

As I said, with that sort of reaction we will look as foolish as Chelsea fans.

If Shebby, Venkys or dumb an dumber are reading this then STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM TAYLOR. Fans of Stevenage and Bradford credit him with messing up their clubs as well as Collymore saying he ruined good LCFC side. If they appoint him it is clear somebody somewhere is out to wreck this club on purpose. The man is effing USELESS ! He's a youth coach no more no less.

Coaches coach and managers manage.

Simplistic statement but IMO valid.

Man management, leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills are paramount in any manager in any walk of life never mind football.

They can't be taught or gained by coaching badges, they either have it or they don't. That isn't to say nobody can make the transition from coach to manager but without the aforementioned attributes they would fail.

The issue with Rovers is we don't possess anybody with these attributes as owners, Board Room, 'management team' or within the current playing squad.

Sort that and we may have a future.

That's a high percentage! Have you seen something the rest of us haven't?

Is Taylor even being considered?

What makes you think that?

Yes, it's a high percentage but I'll stand by it until I hear otherwise, ( and I don't mean any crap about him doing a great interview and impressing everyone ).

Re - Singh feeling threatened by Davies, he just would not stand for any nonsense or interference and Singh would know this.

As was the case with Berg, Taylor would be so grateful to get back in he'd probably put up with anything.

Maybe Davies did fall out with Shaw but that was a while ago and they could've kissed and made up by now.

Coaches coach and managers manage.

Simplistic statement but IMO valid.

Man management, leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills are paramount in any manager in any walk of life never mind football.

They can't be taught or gained by coaching badges, they either have it or they don't. That isn't to say nobody can make the transition from coach to manager but without the aforementioned attributes they would fail.

The issue with Rovers is we don't possess anybody with these attributes as owners, Board Room, 'management team' or within the current playing squad.

Sort that and we may have a future.

Good post and very true.

Archived