BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wont say too much on the matter apart from people have been asking for an experienced Manager, its not the supporters job to pick who that Manager is.

Whoever came in be that Bowyer, Davies or Taylor I would support, until they gave me reason not to. I.e they was shocking like Steve Kean

Peter Taylor has had success and failure, he has 7 promotions or so to his name. Has a great record with young players, is not a yes Man and is both a well respected coach and Manager who was even given the Caretaker role of the National team, whilst he was under 21 Manager.

He has had failures at a going out of business Bradford, not the best of times at Leicester or Palace, however what are people expecting?

We are currently a mid table Championship squad and resemble a banger from the bargain section at the car auctions after the last 2 years of distruction.

Hughes , Di Matteo dont want the job.

I have seen some asking for Billy Davies, but at the same time I have seen loads saying over their dead body. The same about O'Driscoll similar comments.

Whilst tonight on Twitter I have seen many asking for Bowyer to get the job, Is this not what got us in the mess when Kean was sacked?

As I stated last night, all the rumours were a million miles away.

The latest I know is the Manager appointment has been sanctioned and will more than likely occur after the cup game.

Ideally I'd like the new guy in now as it gives him over a week to look at what he has before seeing were he needs to add to the squad and who needs to go.

Any appointment is a gamble and brings no guarantee's, however as supporters all we can ask for is a Manager with Experience, and in Taylor he has bags of it.

Supporters dont pick Managers the club does, and I hope when the new guy comes in, he aint tried and committed before he even gets a chance to show us what he can do

If Shebby, Venkys or dumb an dumber are reading this then STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM TAYLOR. Fans of Stevenage and Bradford credit him with messing up their clubs as well as Collymore saying he ruined good LCFC side. If they appoint him it is clear somebody somewhere is out to wreck this club on purpose. The man is effing USELESS ! He's a youth coach no more no less.

This

IF Twitter is to be believed Shaw wants Hughes and Shebby wants Taylor.....

Taylor is neither Shaw's nor Shebby's, he knows someone who knows Venkys.

I think shaw wants Davis, god knows who crackpot shebby wants

Wont say too much on the matter apart from people have been asking for an experienced Manager, its not the supporters job to pick who that Manager is.

Whoever came in be that Bowyer, Davies or Taylor I would support, until they gave me reason not to. I.e they was shocking like Steve Kean

Peter Taylor has had success and failure, he has 7 promotions or so to his name. Has a great record with young players, is not a yes Man and is both a well respected coach and Manager who was even given the Caretaker role of the National team, whilst he was under 21 Manager.

He has had failures at a going out of business Bradford, not the best of times at Leicester or Palace, however what are people expecting?

We are currently a mid table Championship squad and resemble a banger from the bargain section at the car auctions after the last 2 years of distruction.

I have seen some asking for Billy Davies, but at the same time I have seen loads saying over their dead body. The same about O'Driscoll similar comments.

Whilst tonight on Twitter I have seen many asking for Bowyer to get the job, Is this not what got us in the mess when Kean was sacked?

The latest I know is the Manager appointment has been sanctioned and will more than likely occur after the cup game.

Ideally I'd like the new guy in now as it gives him over a week to look at what he has before seeing were he needs to add to the squad and who needs to go.

Any appointment is a gamble and brings no guarantee's, however as supporters all we can ask for is a Manager with Experience, and in Taylor he has bags of it.

Supporters dont pick Managers the club does, and I hope when the new guy comes in, he aint tried and committed before he even gets a chance to show us what he can do

Taylor it is then.

Woo.

Amazing last sentence from someone whose group issued a statement about how bad it would be to appoint BM.

Shebby has spoken.

Unless it's billy mckinlay, in which case it is?

The positive about Taylor is that he has been manager along time and still is.

I remember him being very good England U21 manager. But isn't he national coach for Bahrain?

Taylor has pretty much failed badly at every job he's ever had - fans of the clubs he has managed at dont have a good word to say about him.

Have he?

Id take Taylor over Steve Kean. But the guy is 59, not the youngest manager but vast experience, maybe him as manager and someone younger as head coach?

I do agree with this particular point. I think some fans, now they are in the groove of complaining, will grumble and moan about pretty much every decision made. Whilst I sympathise with them and largely agree with the ridiculous nature of most of the decisions made so far, we do need to be more patient as a group of fans. I know we've been totally keaned over by the owners and this does not help at all, but we do need to give any new guy a chance.

Just for the record, I think Taylor is an abysmal appointment, if true. I think it will once again be a huge own goal but I will do my best to show him some patience, if he is the new manager. It will be tough, but it has to be done otherwise there'll be no end to the constant to-ing and fro-ing.

Oh the irony. remember the shyte-storm you kicked up about McKinlay. That was before you got a little office at Ewood though isn't it. Ever heard of Stockhom Syndrome? You're an embarrassment, a BRFC fan in bed with the Venky's. Shameful.

Taylor wouldn't be my choice but Glen's post above suggests that it is.

What I don't get, if decision decided, candidate is free then why wait until after cup game in 4 or 5 days time ?

Oh the irony. remember the shyte-storm you kicked up about McKinlay. That was before you got a little office at Ewood though isn't it. Ever heard of Stockhom Syndrome? You're an embarrassment, a BRFC fan in bed with the Venky's. Shameful.

+ several million

Are we to assume that these are the three you were aware of last night and that one of them would be confirmed as manager by close of play today? Nod nod wink wink

We are currently a mid table Championship squad and resemble a banger from the bargain section at the car auctions after the last 2 years of

Absolutely agreed, a rudderless ship from top to bottom.

I pray for the day for professionalism to return to the Club and for it to be run properly again.

We'll all then find out when matters are a done deal with the odd snippet here and there.

What an absolute joke we have become

I know everyone wanted an experienced manager but Peter Taylor is a dinosaur. His last 5 jobs have been Crystal Palace (2006), Stevenage Borough (2007), Wycombe (2008), Bradford (2010) and Bahrain (2011). Not done well enough in any of those jobs, and definitely a manager in decline. IF he is the chosen one then I despair, I really do.

I dont normally comment on here anymore and prefer to give information to kamy or glenn. Seeing the comment by glen has made me change my mind, since when has a supporters group felt so popular that it endorses a potential manager choice that isnt proving universally as popular. Peter taylor started promising but ultimately was terrible down mainly to decisions he and he alone took. Im not here to endorse any candidate but would have to say billy davies and even phil brown have a more desirable track record. I feel the day supporters groups cross the line and try to justify a choice then its a bad day for club affairs and for the rest of the fan base. The manager will never get a hundred percent support but endorsing quite poor candidates smacks of there being something not right. As a fan not a businessman glen you are right to say we want experience but the best possible one and a man who clubs have been offered and run a mile from doesnt seem to be the best choice.

Glen you cannot possibly be trying to tell me Peter Taylor is a good choice??? There's a reason no decent club has touched him in the last 5 years. This is obviously one of shebby crackpot ideas and your trying to justify it to keep your mate Shebby onside. Well I'm sorry Taylor is a bad appointment and a huge step backwards. Be honest and tell Shebby to have re-think

Archived