BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

I think its not about fans hanging a manager up to dry before they've even been given a chance its wanting somebody that has the credentials/experience that fans can trust and put their faith in. In Kean/berg ill advised decisions were made. Taylor does not fill me with confidence as a suggestion it is really that simple He has not proven himself consistently enough recently for that. In Holloway/McCarthy etc i might have said they weren't my desired choice but i would have been confident they could have done a job. Sorry i disagree it is not about not wanting a manger/not giving them a chance for the sake of it etc...its all about having confidence in them to deliver.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest glen, BRAG previously stated that fans would go into meltdown if McKinlay or Sherwood were appointed. What's the view been of the links to Taylor from the membership?

Personally I would see Taylor as a poorer choice than either of them. But I'm just one fan.

Oh the irony. remember the shyte-storm you kicked up about McKinlay. That was before you got a little office at Ewood though isn't it. Ever heard of Stockhom Syndrome? You're an embarrassment, a BRFC fan in bed with the Venky's. Shameful.

I kicked up??? You mean the Action Group members?

Billy Mckinlay was a coach, NOT a Manager. The general consensus of our membership base back then is the same as it is today. They want to see a experienced Manager appointed.

If an experienced Manager is appointed then what you are saying if its not the one you like, then we should kick another fuss up?

If you do not like the appointment, then feel free to kick your own fuss up. As I said earlier as long as the Manager is experienced I will be happy and will fit in exactly what supporters have been asking for, an experienced Manager.

I guess its my fault that they are looking at Managers you or anyone else does not like? I do not pick the Manager or offer names, thats down to the club.

Being in bed with Venkys? in future I wont bother posting an update at all

The

I dont normally comment on here anymore and prefer to give information to kamy or glenn. Seeing the comment by glen has made me change my mind, since when has a supporters group felt so popular that it endorses a potential manager choice that isnt proving universally as popular. Peter taylor started promising but ultimately was terrible down mainly to decisions he and he alone took. Im not here to endorse any candidate but would have to say billy davies and even phil brown have a more desirable track record. I feel the day supporters groups cross the line and try to justify a choice then its a bad day for club affairs and for the rest of the fan base. The manager will never get a hundred percent support but endorsing quite poor candidates smacks of there being something not right. As a fan not a businessman glen you are right to say we want experience but the best possible one and a man who clubs have been offered and run a mile from doesnt seem to be the best choice.

I didn't realise that was a Group Endorsement, in fact I can confirm that it wasn't. Every single comment made by Glen stated I. This was Glen simply posting his own personal views on a topic as all the other posters are. Lets not try and pretend this was an Group Endorsement.

Billy Mckinlay was a coach, NOT a Manager. The general consensus of our membership base back then is the same as it is today. They want to see a experienced Manager appointed.

If an experienced Manager is appointed then what you are saying if its not the one you like, then we should kick another fuss up?

If you do not like the appointment, then feel free to kick your own fuss up. As I said earlier as long as the Manager is experienced I will be happy and will fit in exactly what supporters have been asking for, an experienced Manager.

I guess its my fault that they are looking at Managers you or anyone else does not like? I do not pick the Manager or offer names, thats down to the club.

There is such a thing as having good or bad experience though!! Just having experience doesn't make you a good appointment sorry i really disagree with this as a line of argument!!

If Peter Taylor is shabbys choice, he is blatantly taking the preverbial. Everybody is calling for experience, therefore he goes to extremes and appoints an old dinosaur who hasnt done anything since about 1998!

Would Taylor have come across Judan Ali in his career?

If it is Taylor it's obvious they've scraped around the bottom of the barrell for some desperado who'll come in cheap and agree to certain terms and probably a cheap pay off if it aint working. They be terrified of announcing it before any home games so they'll leave it till after the cup match. Im not having it that such an suchabody disagree and names have been sent to India, it's bull as usuall we are likely being conned yet again. God knows who's brought this fella to the table but ive an idea :(

If anyone had doubts about BRAGs acquiescence to Shebby Singh, the GM post should remove any doubt.Beyond embarrassing.

BRAG are literally hated by a growing number of our following now, anyone in the metrodome at barnsley will vouch for that!

Pathetic posts like Mullans just show why, 2 faced little weapon.

The problem is Glen most people wanted a manager so they know that such person is truly managing the team and it's affairs without influence or interference from Shebby, Agnew, agents or whoever. The likes of Holloway, Davies, Freedman etc.. would want it that way. As I have posted on the other thread, Taylor's managerial career is in decline. Hull - Palace - Stevenage - Wycombe - Bradford - Bahrain. Having been sacked in several of those jobs most people would expect his next post to be pretty mediocre.

For that reason he's hardly going to insist on full control and doing things his way if he got this post. He'd snap their hands off for half decent money to appear to be 'running' a Championship club at the hope of getting a career that looks finished at 59 back in the spotlight. If he gets the job I think he's as much a yes man as anybody.

I dont normally comment on here anymore and prefer to give information to kamy or glenn. Seeing the comment by glen has made me change my mind, since when has a supporters group felt so popular that it endorses a potential manager choice that isnt proving universally as popular. Peter taylor started promising but ultimately was terrible down mainly to decisions he and he alone took. Im not here to endorse any candidate but would have to say billy davies and even phil brown have a more desirable track record. I feel the day supporters groups cross the line and try to justify a choice then its a bad day for club affairs and for the rest of the fan base. The manager will never get a hundred percent support but endorsing quite poor candidates smacks of there being something not right. As a fan not a businessman glen you are right to say we want experience but the best possible one and a man who clubs have been offered and run a mile from doesnt seem to be the best choice.

Who has said a supporter group has endorsed an appointment? To date no appointment has been made, whilst I post on here as me and my opinions are my own and not representative of the BRFCAG Membership base. I have stated many times the action group stance will always be put on our website RE Statement.

Just out of interest glen, BRAG previously stated that fans would go into meltdown if McKinlay or Sherwood were appointed. What's the view been of the links to Taylor from the membership?

Personally I would see Taylor as a poorer choice than either of them. But I'm just one fan.

Given the few hours since I came home from the match, nobody has contacted me about Taylor as they did with Billy Mc. Just been discussing the topic with a few members and its a mixed bag from what I saw. Some think it good some think it bad others are it could have been better could have been worse.

• Backroom

As I said earlier as long as the Manager is experienced I will be happy and will fit in exactly what supporters have been asking for, an experienced Manager.

I can't agree with this sentiment

Experienced is a broad term, Steve Kean has premier league experience now

I'll take the comfort that nobody would have wanted Pardew after his last few jobs yet he's done well. Maybe Taylor has gone back to the drawing board and been working on the things that made him such a shocking failure in his previous jobs. We can but hope :(

Archived