BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Just out of interest glen, BRAG previously stated that fans would go into meltdown if McKinlay or Sherwood were appointed. What's the view been of the links to Taylor from the membership?

Personally I would see Taylor as a poorer choice than either of them. But I'm just one fan.

As I have been at the football all day, I have not even gauged the members opinion yet

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is to be Taylor, I hope Gary Bowyer can get another win against Bristol City and then maybe he'll have a chance of the job.

Peter Taylor = dinosaur and overall failure as a manager.

Gary Bowyer = Loves the club, has an up-and-at-them mentality, seems to be well liked by squad.

In all honesty, i'd settle for most managers but coming up with Peter Taylor is a hard one to stomach. When will Venky's stop scraping the barrel?

Taylor is a has been, if he was as good as obviously Shebby, Venkys and Glenn think then why isn't he in a decent job in either the PL or Championship?

Not even sure he's even an has been. He's rattled round the bottom of the football league with one failed attempt in the PL.

Oh deary me Peter Taylor? Crikey, I would rather we just carried n with Bowyer til May if the alternative is bringing Taylor in.

Taylor has had successes in the lower leagues, and got an opportunity at Leicester, at which point he dismantled the team that Martin O Neill built and send them down to Division 1. He is one of those managers that seems to be able to work his way into a new job despite having a distinctly average at best record in the top two divisions.

His last noteworthy success was promotion to League One with Northampton in 2009. His last job in England was in League Two with Bradford, I hear he isn't too popular there either so he can't have done much good. If you look at Taylor's managerial career, he only lasts about a year in each job, and that's primarily in Leagues One and Two, cannot see this being anything other than a disaster if it was to happen. Shame when the team seems to be playing well now that we may be lumped with another useless manager.

As for being caretaker manager of England once that Glen mentioned, well Stuart Pearce has had that gig and he is a terrible manager. Let's face it, being England U21s boss is a nothing job that teams in the top two divisions wouldn't take seriously if looking for a new manager, hence why Taylor has spent most of his career in England in the bottom two divs.

Yes Glen pointed out that Taylor has numerous promotions to his name, but the majority of them in the doldrums of League Two. we need someone to shoot us up to the Premiership, not League flipping One.

I understand that Rovers might be finding it hard to convince an actual decent manager to come in and do the job, but for Peres sake hat logic is there in appointing someone like Taylor now? Especially with Bowyer seemingly able to steady the ship so far. if we had just lost 2 on the bounce then I would perhaps be thinking differently but Bowyer has been a massive breath of fresh air for us all I think.

Given the few hours since I came home from the match, nobody has contacted me about Taylor as they did with Billy Mc.

They will be busy mopping up Shebbys baby paste that's why. @#/? off the lot of you, you dont represent rovers at all.

Given the few hours since I came home from the match, nobody has contacted me about Taylor as they did with Billy Mc. Just been discussing the topic with a few members and its a mixed bag from what I saw. Some think it good some think it bad others are it could have been better could have been worse.

Wow. I think the fallout from Taylor on here and twitter has been far far worse than that of BM. I know it's only a small fraction of the fanbase but I'm amazed that members of Brag were more concerned about BM and TS than they are about Taylor.

Also, anyone got any idea who's choice this was? Is he Shebby's appointment or Venkys? Or shaw and aggers?

I'll take the comfort that nobody would have wanted Pardew after his last few jobs yet he's done well. Maybe Taylor has gone back to the drawing board and been working on the things that made him such a shocking failure in his previous jobs. We can but hope :(

I'll have what Ricky's smoking!!!

In all seriousness I hope he does a super, smashing job but am prepared for, well, not much, hope I'm wrong and he's the second coming, COYB!!!

I know everyone wanted an experienced manager but Peter Taylor is a dinosaur. His last 5 jobs have been Crystal Palace (2006), Stevenage Borough (2007), Wycombe (2008), Bradford (2010) and Bahrain (2011). Not done well enough in any of those jobs, and definitely a manager in decline. IF he is the chosen one then I despair, I really do.

It just goes to show they haven't learned and probably never will.

Martians who've never seen football would have better judgement.

We have to hope they listen to Shaw.

I think one issue i have with this appointment would be that during the last round of interviews we were led to believe by Shebby himself that a large range of experienced managers had thrown their names into the hat. Some exciting names were bounded about. we appointed berg and ignored experience like Holloway and Mccarthey not to mention others. Berg didn't work. It is now being suggested we are linked to Taylor....when you look at it in this context it really is not the slightest bit surprising that fans would be underwhelmed by this suggestion!!!

When Kean went, my personal choice would of been Holloway of the ones we could have got.

If Hughes had wanted the Job then he would of been my choice this time (Been told he dont want it, he has been asked)

So I would of liked O'Driscoll instead, but that dont like happening, so although disappointed with the names out there which look like being appointed I'm willing as a person to continue going to the games and backing the team

• Backroom
I'll take the comfort that nobody would have wanted Pardew after his last few jobs yet he's done well. Maybe Taylor has gone back to the drawing board and been working on the things that made him such a shocking failure in his previous jobs. We can but hope :(

True enough

None of us know how it will turn out, Newcastle fans were up in arms about Pardew as you say

Won't be happy with the choice at all but hope to be won over

Also by experience people mean capable as well obviously. Everyone won't agree on who they'd like but masses will always agree on the ones we deff don't want, as in this case. A lot of the names are unrealistic. He doesn't have to be a world beater but by the same token we can't have a dud. This fella is what Steve Kean would be in 15 years if he was to continue as a manager. When you get ex players publicly stating he was no good as well as fans from teams he's manged saying he's crap then it's normaly with good reason ffs!

Archived