BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

When Kean went, my personal choice would of been Holloway of the ones we could have got.

If Hughes had wanted the Job then he would of been my choice this time (Been told he dont want it, he has been asked)

So I would of liked O'Driscoll instead, but that dont like happening, so although disappointed with the names out there which look like being appointed I'm willing as a person to continue going to the games and backing the team

WOULD HAVE.

WOULD HAVE.

WOULD HAVE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kicked up??? You mean the Action Group members?

Billy Mckinlay was a coach, NOT a Manager. The general consensus of our membership base back then is the same as it is today. They want to see a experienced Manager appointed.

If an experienced Manager is appointed then what you are saying if its not the one you like, then we should kick another fuss up?

If you do not like the appointment, then feel free to kick your own fuss up. As I said earlier as long as the Manager is experienced I will be happy and will fit in exactly what supporters have been asking for, an experienced Manager.

I guess its my fault that they are looking at Managers you or anyone else does not like? I do not pick the Manager or offer names, thats down to the club.

Being in bed with Venkys? in future I wont bother posting an update at all

Glen, can you post concisely how you consider Peter Taylor to be 'experienced' and suitable for the position of manager of Rovers in the current situation.

Whilst you are on Wikipedia also have a look for Richard Dinnis, Jim Iley, Don Mackay or Bobby Saxton to see if any of them may be suitable.

Given the few hours since I came home from the match, nobody has contacted me about Taylor as they did with Billy Mc. Just been discussing the topic with a few members and its a mixed bag from what I saw. Some think it good some think it bad others are it could have been better could have been worse.

Perhaps everyone is worn out with the cr@p?

Also see BRAG in a different light now?

If true glen i thought you were far more of a football man than thinking taylor is an ideal choice. Experienced he may be but not particuarly good experiences.

I have not once said he is an ideal choice.

In fact why am I being slated because Peter Taylor is in the running for the Job?

If people are upset about it, then blame those who may or may not appoint him

This however does make interesting reading to me. Not saying it changes my mind in anyway but still makes interesting reading:-

England

In November 2000, whilst managing Leicester, Taylor was appointed caretaker manager of England for one match. For that game, a 1–0 defeat to Italy in the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin on 15 November 2000, Taylor looked to youth. He handed David Beckham the captain's armband for the first time, and used six players then still eligible for the Under-21s; Gareth Barry, Jamie Carragher, Kieron Dyer, Rio Ferdinand, Emile Heskey and Seth Johnson.

When Kean went, my personal choice would of been Holloway of the ones we could have got.

If Hughes had wanted the Job then he would of been my choice this time (Been told he dont want it, he has been asked)

So I would of liked O'Driscoll instead, but that dont like happening, so although disappointed with the names out there which look like being appointed I'm willing as a person to continue going to the games and backing the team

Absolutely Glen, think the majority would get behind the "chosen one", but it's another underwhelming appointment and it looks like you've already resigned yourself to another mediocre at best hat-pick.

Ah well, at least we're unbeaten this year!

Kamy stated Hughes was willing to talk if given certain assurances......read into that, autonomy from interference from the idiots that surround. Taylor would agree to anything to manage again no doubt. Yet again a puppet - I can't believe any football supporter with a modicum of sense, rovers or otherwise would have their appetite whetted by such an appointment. Take that back to SS!

Who has said a supporter group has endorsed an appointment? To date no appointment has been made, whilst I post on here as me and my opinions are my own and not representative of the BRFCAG Membership base. I have stated many times the action group stance will always be put on our website RE Statement.

Shebby has told you who it is, it's now leaked out, there's has been justifiable uproar at such a potential appointment, and you've come on to defend it. You're right about not representing BRAG, you represent Singh and Venky's.

Taylor is neither Shaw's nor Shebby's, he knows someone who knows Venkys.

I think shaw wants Davis, god knows who crackpot shebby wants

Hope to god that person is not "just like a family member" and can not be named

Just a thought perhaps the name as "leaked" to gauge reaction hence the delay in the appointment.? sorry just clutching at straws more likely Taylor or somebody are assembling his backroom team

If he's appointed gotta get behind him but shows Venky's lack of understanding/ interest of the club and it's supporters, so if it goes t*** up no hiding place for Venky's this time and deserve full barrels

Surely this is some kind of sick joke. Either that or they are deliberately leaking ridiculous names that are not viable so when we end up with a mediocre choice we all think "well at least he's not Taylor".

Only worse candidate I can think of is Steve Cotterill. Then we'd really know they were out to wreck the club.

Shebby has told you who it is, it's now leaked out, there's has been justifiable uproar at such a potential appointment, and you've come on to defend it. You're right about not representing BRAG, you represent Singh and Venky's.

Nail on the head, @#/? off BRAG

Taylor guided Brighton to the Division Two championship (marking their return to the upper half of the English league after 11 years) but resigned from his job at the end of the season,

and thus reached the Football League Championship in the 200506 season their first appearance at that level since 199091,

Taylor had a successful start to the 200809 season as Wycombe went on an 18 game unbeaten run in the league with promotion to League One being secured on the final day of the season.

Wow that's noble of you. Like you backed Kean and McKinlay? Seriously, you need to stop insulting people's intelligence. you have come on here tonight and defended Taylor, simply because he's Shebby's pick. You're so transparent.

This however does make interesting reading to me. Not saying it changes my mind in anyway but still makes interesting reading:-

England

In November 2000, whilst managing Leicester, Taylor was appointed caretaker manager of England for one match. For that game, a 10 defeat to Italy in the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin on 15 November 2000, Taylor looked to youth. He handed David Beckham the captain's armband for the first time, and used six players then still eligible for the Under-21s; Gareth Barry, Jamie Carragher, Kieron Dyer, Rio Ferdinand, Emile Heskey and Seth Johnson.

Yes very nice but irrelevant.

Have a look at what fans ( and some former players ) think of him.

And as with Berg, isn't it funny that no-one else will touch him with a barge pole?

Archived