BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Just read back over the last few page's, if Curbishley has applied and he doesn't get the job either one of two things is happening.

Shebby is convinced he is a mastermind and can play God with the club and isn't looking at logic whatsoever, more like playing SIM' s do Blackburn.

The other option is that he wants a cheap alternative who won't stop him from meddling

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would literally be final for allot of fans, curtains drawn no return EVER. Hes achieved moderate success along time ago. Promotions with Hull and other lower leagues where at least 8 years ago. His latest debacles with Bahrain, Wycombe, Stevenage, Bradford, Palace of which all fans struggle to muster any positive about the man shows how god damn awful this guy is.

He shouldn't even be linked to us or any other championship side.I'm awaiting for the unvailing of Junior Lewis, a substandard non-league footballer who he's signed no less than five times. This guy is a complete idiot, we need a fresh forward thinking coach who understands the MODERN game, player fitness sports science etc. Not a throwback to the early 2000's. How many fans commented last year about an appalling lack of fitness? i ask?

Glen, So your happy for Taylor but McKinlay was knifed by you? I don't get that at all. No point blithering on about success 10 years ago, Phil Brown had a promotion as well did you know? If theyv'e bombed since and more recently, it's a pretty good indication that they aint up to the task.

Bowyer by right deserves an extended trial run whilst the managerial search progresses. Lets not make the same mistake like we did with Black, at least Bowyer has shown promise and has knowledge of the club, what does Taylor have other than a shocking poor managerial record and a distinct lack of transfer nous.

Taylor shouldn't be anywhere near, those supporting this ludicrous idea are probably the ones turning their noses up at Billy Davies etc.All i'm saying is why settle for a man who is washed up ahead of far superior candidates?

Just for clarification, I am led to believe Taylor is neither a Shebby or Shaw recommendation. Taylor apparently knows a Venky employee in Bahrain, his previous workplace, and has put his name in the hat via that avenue.

Looks likely but these idiots may still be in for a surprise.

Great so he knows somebody who makes disgusting chicken products, I know somebody who works in the post office but I' m not demanding to have my face on stamps

After a brief bit of reading up, some people saying that Taylor has a contact in Bahrain from his time there that has links to Venkys, and as such isn't a recommendation of either Shaw or Agnew and has instead gone directly to Venkys in a similar way to how Steve Kean did. Balls!

Just read back over the last few page's, if Curbishley has applied and he doesn't get the job either one of two things is happening.

Shebby is convinced he is a mastermind and can play God with the club and isn't looking at logic whatsoever, more like playing SIM' s do Blackburn.

The other option is that he wants a cheap alternative who won't stop him from meddling

Have you ignored the post's hinting that it was not Singh who put his name forward

For once do not think we can blame Singh, Shaw or Agnew (never thought I'd ever type that :) )

Edit, just seen you have replied to one, apologies

Underwhelmed.

With all due respect if we are Portsmouth and in league 1 fighting against relegation Taylor would be a decent shout.

But as a fan of Blackburn Rovers FC surely the powers that be can choose a better candidate than Taylor? Surely there is at least ONE brain somewhere in management who can recommend a manager with experience in championship?

Agree with Glen on one point, would back Taylor until he gave reason not to back him.

If there was ANY belief in Venkys left THIS is it for me, they will NEVER learn and they need to leave our club-hopefully once it starts hitting their pockets they may consider selling.

I can 100% confirm the source of this information is not UK Based and has not leaked out of Ewood.

So mouthpiece as some are stating is just ridiculas and suits the agenda's of those who won't waste an opportunity to have a go.

Our groups stance is the statement we issued via our website days ago, that has not changed.

Anyway more important things to do , than justify my personal opinion on here, if you have an opinion on the new manager thats great, allow me to have mine

I often play devil's advocate to see if an argument stands up.

I'm really struggling with Peter Taylor.

We desperately need someone who can unite the fanbase - a tough ask anyway - but to unite them with the club, not in their suspicion of it!

I'm wary though of random twitter posts announcing things like "I believe" or "I'm informed that" such-and-such applied (Kean, Curbushley, Southgate - really?). It just sounds like crap that will get people's backs up. And it works.

I wouldn't spit my dummy out if Taylor was announced but it certainly won't sell any half season tickets off the back of it. His stock is very low these days but he was once caretaker of the England team and manager of the U-21s so he must have something about him. The fact he had failed with lower standard of players says as much about the players as him so he may get more out if the Rovers squad. Although that's really clutching at straws.

He's another dour figure (after Berg) and maybe we need someone more 'sexy' to attract the fans back? But we have to ask ourselves should a manager be picked who satisfies the fans' need for a 'name', or one who is good for the players. If we get someone in who will get the players to gel and we start to win matches then fans will get interested. (Just look at today). Although we won't see 25k numbers again until we get to the PL - so maybe never again!

Would people accept a Taylor/Bowyer coaching team?

I always thought you were a passionate Rovers fan Glen the post you made earlier read more like a club statement trying to appease the masses before bad news.

You need to forget the info and club politics and get back to being bog standard fan again to understand people's anger at being linked with Taylor, to be fair I have no opinion of him as I had never even heard of him.

I will always have my own opinion and allow others to have theirs... If they dont lilke the news I cant do anything about that, but I certainly take exception of getting blamed about a decision out of all our control

Glen can you explain this comment here?

'Whilst tonight on Twitter I have seen many asking for Bowyer to get the job, Is this not what got us in the mess when Kean was sacked?'

Sorry should of read when Kean was appointed

Feck me, if all you have to do is know a W*nkys employee to put your name forward, we are all in with a chance! Seems to me, other than Alexanders, the board is mildly against the appointment of Taylor. Kamy, send the thread to India please?!

I dont know about the guy. Why hate him.

Wont say too much on the matter apart from people have been asking for an experienced Manager, its not the supporters job to pick who that Manager is.

Whoever came in be that Bowyer, Davies or Taylor I would support, until they gave me reason not to. I.e they was shocking like Steve Kean

Peter Taylor has had success and failure, he has 7 promotions or so to his name. Has a great record with young players, is not a yes Man and is both a well respected coach and Manager who was even given the Caretaker role of the National team, whilst he was under 21 Manager.

He has had failures at a going out of business Bradford, not the best of times at Leicester or Palace, however what are people expecting?

We are currently a mid table Championship squad and resemble a banger from the bargain section at the car auctions after the last 2 years of distruction.

Hughes , Di Matteo dont want the job.

I have seen some asking for Billy Davies, but at the same time I have seen loads saying over their dead body. The same about O'Driscoll similar comments.

Whilst tonight on Twitter I have seen many asking for Bowyer to get the job, Is this not what got us in the mess when Kean was sacked?

As I stated last night, all the rumours were a million miles away.

The latest I know is the Manager appointment has been sanctioned and will more than likely occur after the cup game.

Ideally I'd like the new guy in now as it gives him over a week to look at what he has before seeing were he needs to add to the squad and who needs to go.

Any appointment is a gamble and brings no guarantee's, however as supporters all we can ask for is a Manager with Experience, and in Taylor he has bags of it.

Supporters dont pick Managers the club does, and I hope when the new guy comes in, he aint tried and committed before he even gets a chance to show us what he can do

If supporters don't pick managers what was the McKinley thing.. You chat rubbish pal

Or was McKinley an Agnew choice?

Anyway more important things to do , than justify my personal opinion on here, if you have an opinion on the new manager thats great, allow me to have mine

Sorry Glen, are you confirming that the new manager is Peter Taylor? But the actual official announcement won't be until Saturday?

As others have said on here, don't think that Taylor is Shebby or Shaw 's choice, seems that he has found a way to go direct to owners.

PMSL. So Venkys are employing 2 groups of people (Agnew/Shaw and Shebby) who have spent time using their 'knowledge' to find the right new manager. Then Taylor cuts both of them out and Venkys are so numb they could potentially ignore the people they are employing and put their own manager in. Taylor would be screwed, he'd have both camps sticking the knife into him at every opportunity.

Archived