BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

BL00dy difficult to control and get past the stewards

you just need a pair of wooden stilts , a very long coat , and a device for suspending the piglet between your stilt legs, a rather nice panama hat will deflect any attention away

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the fans sat on the pitch "we want our rovers back"

A game held up is a massive embarrassment for the FA and would get big media attention.

Can it be a tantric dancing one?

it can have a fantastic tackle, we could give it a contract then release it to Exeter.

Some of you need to consider those who put their own futures (no criminal record for me, ta) ahead of a protest.

Exactly

Such a shame we didn't get to Wembley

It would have been the absolute perfect opportunity

And possibly our last opportunity but yes your right

Right....lets keep this nice and simple.

No march, no organised protest, just every fan possible attend the Blackpool game and vent your spleen 100%. Make this the nastiest ride ever for the Venkys, Shagnew and Shaggy.

FROM EWOODBEHAPPY: Good Friday - Rovers v Blackpool this surely has to be a day when we are all ready & willing to give a big F - OFF to Venkys. They have and continue to shi#t on any ounce of respect for the History of Blackburn Rovers. I'll be taking in a banner. I will hopefully enjoy a result. If any dare say it would distract the players GET A GRIP!

I'm asking for 90 minutes of the passion we had when Dunny scored - directed at the scum who have ripped BRFC to pieces.

Even those who didnt accept Appleton - realise please - Venkys & the Board are killing our club. Do not sit on your hands - lets shout our heads off at them for the full game.

Your club needs you. VENKYS OUT!

Repeated I know - but needs must.

1. I can't be bothered.

2. It won't make any difference.

and

3. I'm not particularly religious and religion may be on the wane BUT it is Good Friday remember! Venting spleens, aggression and hatred is the complete opposite of what Easter should be about.

Personally I think a co-ordinated event at a specific time in the game would have more effect and also be much more likely to be taken up by a majority of the crowd. Rather like we have seen other clubs either make a protest or celebrate something at the nth minute of the game. Can't at the moment think of what minute that would be to have meaning but I'm sure someone can come up with something relevant. It probably needs to be earlyish in the game so therefore a low number.

Whose going to see it? We don't figure on MoTD remember.

OK: 10 minutes into the game we all occupy the pitch?

Careful... You can't suggest that or you'll get banned from here.

I don't think you're the kind of person who should be leading a thread.

You just say whatever comes into your head.

Obviously Plastics you have failed to note from his statement that Preston Blue spends a lot of time sitting at 'Bullshit Corner' in the Royal Oak. ^_^

Having relatives who where Blackburn season ticket holders till this season, and being so well received by the guys I met when i came up to your place earlier in the season.

I am not trying to tell you guys how you should protest ,but you could get some good ideas from the book build a bonfire, written by a Brighton fan when we where having owner troubles.

These included staying in the concourse,s till 5 Min's after kick off then all filing into the seats singing protest song, or turning your back on the pitch as the ref blows his whistle to start the game and for 5 min's making no noise at all ,then all turning round and roaring encouragement to the players. Then do same thing at start of second half shouting venkys out

really feel for you guys and what your club is being put through as i said Brighton fans :rover: know how it feels ,just NEVER GIVE UP keep on fighting you will win in the end

We have neither the wit or the gonads for such stuff up here tha knows. We prefer to wring our caps, look at the floor and shuffle our feet when our owners and betters appear.

The dismal attendance for our FA Cup QF was probably more damning than any protest.

I'm sure someone told me it was the worst ever FA cup QF attendance (not sure if it was for Rovers or English football).

I don't remember the papers pointing it out though.

Attendances are put down to relegation, not Venkys.

I only missed one match day protest, sit in, training ground protest, etc last season. For all the effort it was pointless venkys are still here unfased by their destruction, kean left by his own volition and even if he left becasue of protests it was far too late and too much damage had been done to call it a success.

Don't regret trying for a minute but if only 200-1000 (whatever the min/max nos were) were bothered back then either because could see they were pointless, apathetic fans or just ignorant of the damage being done then I don't see why anyone will be bothered now. I certainly have no fight left in me.

Pains me to say it but just let the club slide into nothingness then use this trust money to rebuild wherever venkys leave us. For me at the moment liquidating club the is a satisfactory outcome just to end the nightmare.

I'd love to see the fans sat on the pitch "we want our rovers back"

I've mentioned this before. Doesn't need to be mayhem, battling with stewards to get on the pitch, just everyone (it won't be everyone so needs to be two to three thousand) calmly leaving their seat and walking on. Five minutes of singing protest songs and back to your seat.

So, so easy and would make such a statement. In reality I bet we couldn't muster two hundred who would be prepared to do it.

I've mentioned this before. Doesn't need to be mayhem, battling with stewards to get on the pitch, just everyone (it won't be everyone so needs to be two to three thousand) calmly leaving their seat and walking on. Five minutes of singing protest songs and back to your seat.

So, so easy and would make such a statement. In reality I bet we couldn't muster two hundred who would be prepared to do it.

What time then?

On the pitch? Fines and banning orders?

Can just see the 70 year old bloke in front of me vaulting the perimeter boards with stewards chasing him. I'll look after his flask and blanket.

I'm thinking full support for the team until we are safe, then the fun and games can start.

I totally understand everybody's feeling now and I sympathise with those who wish to protest.I WON'T join in during 90 min because if venkys sell up we have to be in the championship next season!.We need to back the players For 90 min THEN protest at the end of the game and refuse to leave the ground for hours.This will get more attention and most important ,SYMPATHY worldwide .We are in relegation trouble and MUST stay up!.The players are only human and the 12th man is needed more than ever!.PROTEST at the end and REFUSE to leave!!!

How bout getting behind Bowyer in his first game back in charge?

Considering were dropping into a relegation scrap with a very real chance of getting relegated into the third tier of English football

Can anybody recall the story of Gelert? It kinda applies here. It's not a time for knee jerk reactions is it? The time for serious retribution and protest was when they sacked a proper manager, not after they've sacked 3 godawful ones! People throughout football would be entitled to ask just what do the supporters of BRFC want when most supporters can't get rid of sh1t managers quickly enough.

Don't condemn the actions, condemn the selection procedure.

How bout getting behind Bowyer in his first game back in charge?

Considering were dropping into a relegation scrap with a very real chance of getting relegated into the third tier of English football

the only fair way to voice our anger is a mass stay in protest at the end of the game.Its the most logical time and choice to satisfy everyone for , or against?

Archived