BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Email addresses as you say are very clearly blanked out before being published. The trail of the emails, in the aftermath of it being sent has also been removed.

However the date's are unaltered. The only edits to the original email are the obvious blanking out of email addresses.

Thanks Mark. That's how I understood it.

I could be wrong (and this may have been covered) but in the UK shareholders of companies appoint directors to run the business on their behalf. Day to day matters are handled by the board and the companies articles will set out what is required etc etc.

Now it is not uncommon for shareholders to also be directors but in the boardroom it is one person one vote - regardless in theory of how much of the company you own.

Normally shareholders can only express their view at the AGM and EGMs. That is how business is normally conducted.

I could be wrong (and this may have been covered) but in the UK shareholders of companies appoint directors to run the business on their behalf. Day to day matters are handled by the board and the companies articles will set out what is required etc etc.

Now it is not uncommon for shareholders to also be directors but in the boardroom it is one person one vote - regardless in theory of how much of the company you own.

Normally shareholders can only express their view at the AGM and EGMs. That is how business is normally conducted.

I think I've spotted the error in your logic, longsiders.

Excellent 5 pages relating to date formats and headers............but

Is anyone party to the replies to these emails? In particular the reason given for deviating from the club policy of 12 months severance pay for managers.

Ha. I've just read 10 pages and all I've learnt is how splintered the fan base is.

These letters correspond with what is going on in court and its thought they are legit. For now I'm happy to believe that.

BRAG - for what reason have you decided against publishing the replies that you are in possession of?

I thought they said they haven't been able to lay their hands on the replies.

That's what I don't understand, if the e-mails are genuine and Brag's source is willing to happily divulge sensitive and confidential Club communications, why haven't we seen the replies?

Especially when you remember the speed with which the two Hunts and so many others were despatched with....

Paul Hunt's letter was entirely in the interests of the club (apart from the pay rise bit) yet he was fired for it.

Ditto the letter penned by John Williams which actually is gaining in relevance with the passage of time.

Yet Mrs D fingers these guys for cheating and does nothing? Very very smelly

I think the 'good' guys were batting for the 'wrong' side !

That's what I don't understand, if the e-mails are genuine and Brag's source is willing to happily divulge sensitive and confidential Club communications, why haven't we seen the replies?

Mark says above that the mail tails and aftermath of them being sent out have been removed. I took that to mean the replies?

Mark says above that the mail tails and aftermath of them being sent out have been removed. I took that to mean the replies?

I took that to mean that whilst the identity of recipients had been left in exact e mail addresses had been blanked out for obvious reasons and that the paper trail detailing the full history of the communications had been removed in an attempt to protect the identity of their source.

Wouldn't take long for anyone at the Club who wanted to to look at the history and determine who the likely source was though presumably.

!

Like what West Yorks Rover?

Can't be as bad as Bridlington, the SDP still exist there, and when I read the local paper for the first time there was a heated debate about the fact a local beach was apparently a gay dogging site. Not what you'd expect when you move to a place, nor the sight of a man p_ssing in someone's bushes at about 2pm.

Anyway, thank goodness there are people amongst our fans who are doing some digging, as we all know the FA wouldn't, and the club has been shat on by our owners and their friends.

Thanks for the info on the beach at Brid, we have a caravan just up the coast & often take our staffies, Jack and Rover on the beach but we'll keep a closer eye on them from now on....

I took that to mean that whilst the identity of recipients had been left in exact e mail addresses had been blanked out for obvious reasons and that the paper trail detailing the full history of the communications had been removed in an attempt to protect the identity of their source.

Wouldn't take long for anyone at the Club who wanted to to look at the history and determine who the likely source was though presumably.

Perhaps Mark or Glen could clarify?

Perhaps Mark or Glen could clarify?

RevidgeBlue is correct, what has been removed is the trail, of what happened to the emails following the original, who forwarded it who, and to whom and the trail of how it reached us, all has been removed.

There is no reply in our possession, as stated earlier if there was then it would of gone up too.

Having been contacted today by the PR company representing Blackburn Rovers.....You know the one, the one hired in January just prior to a managerial appointment, the company having worked with said manager before, threatening legal action should the emails not be taken down due to a breach of Private and Confidential information, there was one clear thing for me during this telephone conversation.....whilst discussing the 'disclaimer' on the emails i was informed that they "had an original" copy, they also claimed to know where we got it from!!

I took this as an admission regarding the authenticity of the email and was met with..."that is irrelevant"........the conversation didn't last much longer as when the questioning of their motives and role got difficult they hung up on me.

I was then sent an email warning me to be careful about publishing details of the conversation i had with them, so let's see if they send a letter tomorrow shall we....anyone would think they are a registered law firm or something!!

:tu:

If these emails and replies are all presented at court, will they not then be open to public scrutiny on the conclusion of the case? Or are there methods to block the public being informed?

Difficult to mount a public interest case for the material not to be disclosed in open court plus a good barrister would have a field day arguing that none of the parties which might possibly be damaged by their disclosure actually has any sort of reputation to protect given the stuff that has officially been published or said or Shebby-ed in the name of the club, never mind the weight of opinion pieces in all the media in recent days.

The emails from Mrs D simply question what Shaw and Sylvester have been doing. If they haven't been sacked over this very serious gaffe despite being in for meetings in Pune, wouldn't that suggest that they were able to exonerate themselves and lay the blame elsewhere? Like a certain global advisor. As meadows pointed out, Paul Agnew seemed quite confident that everything was documented and Shaw is not in trouble. It seems strange that every manager under Venky's signed a contract according to club's policy except Shebby's man, Berg.

Still running with the "if the emails are genuine" line eh Rev? Very hard for you to accept BRAG are doing a great job?

Archived