BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you had a contract that meant you should get paid 2.2 million pounds you'd just go - 'never mind, just give me 25% of it?'

You'd be 1 in a billion if you did - and pretty damn stupid to boot.

A fool and his money are easily parted. If Venkys are going to allow contracts like that to be signed in their name, then slap it into them.

• Moderation Lead

So if you had a contract that meant you should get paid 2.2 million pounds you'd just go - 'never mind, just give me 25% of it?'

Indeed. He's only getting what he's owed, as per the terms of his contract.

Any news re the Berg hearing today?, Martin Blackburn reckons we will have to pay the full amount 2.2 m plus legal expenses. I agree that Berg should be paid compensation, but 2.2m.....Really??

I think Henning's taking the p*** a bit tbh, yeah I'm unhappy with the owners/politics but him taking this wont help us in any way, shape or form.....

Bad Elvis

Not Henning's fault that the club gave him that kinda contract. He is entitled to that money under the terms of the contract the he agreed.

The people Venky's hired to run the club are the ones to blame for this and many other cockups, not Berg's fault.

57 days work.... 2.2m?

It's outrageous, he ought to be embarrassed, although I bet he dons a wig and does the Moonwalk after this payout..

Be interesting to see what happens if Berg is awarded the full amount, surely the "owners" will have to dismiss "their" employees involved in the contract clause won't they?

If the knock on from this puts the "owners" further under the microscope then we should be thanking Berg for sticking to his guns although 2 million is thanks enough

• Backroom

57 days work.... 2.2m?

It's outrageous, he ought to be embarrassed, although I bet he dons a wig and does the Moonwalk after this payout..

It isn't for 57days work, though is it? It's the rest of his contract due after being sacked. If you're saying you wouldn't do the same, then we should hire you as manager :P

as others have said....

regardless of whether people think £2.2mil for 57 days or whatever work is a fair rate, or that berg is in the wrong for taking this action...

the simple facts are some clown gave berg the said contract , and he is just taking what he is legally owed....

fair play to him on that - anybody else in his shoes would do the same....

just hopefully that the "clown/s" who authorised this will also be forced out very soon....

It isn't for 57days work, though is it? It's the rest of his contract due after being sacked. If you're saying you wouldn't do the same, then we should hire you as manager :P

I'd certainly do a better job than Berg that's for sure, I'd even wager my gran could have done a better job too, and she's been dead twenty years.

Shebby and the Rao's ( and anyone else involved ) are dug in like ticks, they won't be going anywhere in the summer, like or lump it we are stuck with them for a while, only after today we will be minus another 2.2m,

I'd love to know the figure for all the payouts and nda's over the past two and half years, must be 15m+

There's an idea.......maybe Shebby should pay it, after all Berg was his bitch.

At the end of the day Berg signed a contract with Blackburn Rovers and it is up to the club to honour that contract. If the contract is not what Desai thought it was that has nothing to do with Berg and everything to do with Desai and the people she has appointed to run the club. I hope Henning gets every last penny owed him and with court costs awarded against Venkys I think Desai might find that playing in the English Courts is a rather expensive game. One suspect's that next season's transfer budget, if there was one, is about to disappear.

At the end of the day Berg signed a contract with Blackburn Rovers and it is up to the club to honour that contract. If the contract is not what Desai thought it was that has nothing to do with Berg and everything to do with Desai and the people she has appointed to run the club. I hope Henning gets every last penny owed him and with court costs awarded against Venkys I think Desai might find that playing in the English Courts is a rather expensive game. One suspect's that next season's transfer agent budget, if there was one, is about to disappear.

Chris Flanagan ‏@ChrisFlanaganLT 3m

Decision delayed until Monday in Berg case, but some very interesting things said. Details will be in the paper.

Strange why there is a delay in light of what the judge said last time.

If Berg is asking for £2.2m, then although he is due it from what is in the press, Im slighly disappointed in him for taking it. He is already a multimillionaire and has made much of that money from Rovers. Its not Venkys who will be paying him that its Blackburn Rovers football club.

The sums paid in severance and hush money in the last 2 years must be mind-blowing. Thats all money from our club.

I run my own business and you soon learn not to take things personally, it's just business. Berg is entitled to seek monies and it's nothing to do with his like or dislike of Rovers. Blue and White is right, we would all do the same.

Archived