BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would have to excuse my ignorance here but I am just seeking clarification. This is the first I have seen/heard of Derek Shaw being a 'JA' man. Now, as has so often been posted on here, Mr Shaw is small fry. Very limited business interests and former PNE chairman. Why would the Tantric dancer have any interest in Derek Shaw? From my long distant view it seems that the BRFC carcass has pretty much been picked clean. There certainly doesn't seem enough left for Merse's mate to have any interest in the club, let alone having an 'inside man'.

Especially now that the heat seems to be on.

You would have to excuse my ignorance here but I am just seeking clarification. This is the first I have seen/heard of Derek Shaw being a 'JA' man. Now, as has so often been posted on here, Mr Shaw is small fry. Very limited business interests and former PNE chairman. Why would the Tantric dancer have any interest in Derek Shaw? From my long distant view it seems that the BRFC carcass has pretty much been picked clean. There certainly doesn't seem enough left for Merse's mate to have any interest in the club, let alone having an 'inside man'.

I would guess as in most soaps, to be continued.................

I don't think he is. One would have to assume Keans 'master' jumped ship around the same time Kean did.

Seems to me that there is still no proof of a different owner of BRFC other than Venkys. I think that they are just trying anything to avoid paying Berg £2m. The independent article does say (as pointed out earlier) that Venkys wanted to meet Berg due to having a financial predicament (i.e. we have no money to pay him).

At this point I can only see direct evidence of financial problems, rather than evidence of secondary owners of BRFC. Its not to say there isnt, just that there is no evidence in the public eye on this matter.

I agree with the first point that Venkys are the owners but there is a Principal-Agency problem with the club. Shagnew are not working in the interests of Blackburn Rovers football club or Venkys. So whose interests are they working for.

The reason they can't sack Shaw is that they don't have evidence to show he has done anything wrong. Their whole case is based on Derek Shaw 'going rogue' so they have to present him as this powerful figure who is so out of control that he is an unstoppable force. Except legally it means f all. Berg has a contract with the club signed off by the relevant executive authority. They have to pay him the money.

I agree with the first point that Venkys are the owners but there is a Principal-Agency problem with the club. Shagnew are not working in the interests of Blackburn Rovers football club or Venkys. So whose interests are they working for.

The reason they can't sack Shaw is that they don't have evidence to show he has done anything wrong. Their whole case is based on Derek Shaw 'going rogue' so they have to present him as this powerful figure who is so out of control that he is an unstoppable force. Except legally it means f all. Berg has a contract with the club signed off by the relevant executive authority. They have to pay him the money.

+ 1

Not condoning anything that Shaw may or may not have done but the most sickening part is that undoubtedly Singh is sticking his twopenneth in with scant regard for the club.

The ideal scenario would be that the three stooges and whoever their associates are, are brought to book and appropriately punished in the light of any wrong doing. Its bugger all to do with the club other than by unfortunate association. We need to be rid of this vermin to move on.

Appropriately for me, the messages from my neighbours are 'Toutre le camp Shagnew, Shebby Singh vous etes un branleur et Venkys seront quittes notre club!'

Probably only Eddie and the guy from Alsace who frequents this MB will understand without reaching for the google translator. :glare::brfc:

Come on Chris, who brought Shaw on board as a buffer ? and previously under who's reign of terror was he himself appointed as reward for his flag waving exploits on behalf of the special one, a club contractor to Director in one fail swoop , it is no surprise (as predicted) that the snake as turned on his appointee to protect himself and his associates interest's its part of the course. With Kean leaving the spotlight he left an almighty stench at Ewood which is still there.

As for someone not having any interest, forget about owning a club think along the lines of administration of the club and the commodities that are within the club and the riches in owning/part owning and trading them, some recently being moved away from the spotlight by a manager with no agent influence apparently..

What as come out in court leads to the presumption that although Venky's own the club on paper, the running of the club and the activities and opportunities that that represents are / where being guided by outside influences. Venky's apparently paid cash for the club, now was it all Venky's cash or did they have a little help in return for a pre takeover agreement that someone would administer the club for them?

The letter from the club directors signed by John Williams etc http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/01/15/revealed-the-letter-that-exposes-the-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/ expressing concern regarding third party mandates requesting payment for certain players they had no knowledge of is very relevant., as is their subsequent removal.

Come on Chris, who brought Shaw on board as a buffer ? and previously under who's reign of terror was he himself appointed, a club contractor to Director in one fail swoop , it is no surprise that the snake as turned on his appointee to protect himself and his associates interest's its part of the course. With Kean leaving the spotlight he left an almighty stench at Ewood which is still there.

I think that is a reasonable reading of the situation.

Incidentally I wonder how who or what can make the statement required in the Annual Report that there have been adequate controls exercised at all times?

I am also astonished at the turn of events in Court today.

The immediate implications:

Shaw is a director. As 99.999% owners, Venkys London Limited can convene an EGM at short notice and remove him forthwith for cause. This HR disciplinary gubbins is bs. If they are not sufficiently secure in their grounds for blaming him and calling him renegrade they should never be saying it in Court.

Effectively the owners and directors are saying a PLC is operating without control. This has massive implications.

As Kamy and Glen have said, you aint seen nothing yet.

If Rovers are toast, then the whole of English football is toast with us.

Why is English football toast with us ?

Why is English football toast with us ?

Just a guess, but perhaps the FA are dragging their feet on the investigation of the club because they may have business relationships with those involved? and if it came out that wouldn't look good on the FA and would perhaps open a can of worms regarding other clubs who they turned a blind eye to in their demise

+ 1

Not condoning anything that Shaw may or may not have done but the most sickening part is that undoubtedly Singh is sticking his twopenneth in with scant regard for the club.

The ideal scenario would be that the three stooges and whoever their associates are, are brought to book and appropriately punished in the light of any wrong doing. Its bugger all to do with the club other than by unfortunate association. We need to be rid of this vermin to move on.

Appropriately for me, the messages from my neighbours are 'Toutre le camp Shagnew, Shebby Singh vous etes un branleur et Venkys seront quittes notre club!'

Probably only Eddie and the guy from Alsace who frequents this MB will understand without reaching for the google translator. :glare::brfc:

Missed me off that list and I'll even correct it for you to devraient not seront as you need a conditional of devoir not a future of être and it should be quitter too! Pedantic in French too. Could even be devrait if you think of Venkys as singular rather than plural.

If we (as in the club Rovers-owners aside) are implicated in this i do not see how the F.A can turn around and say that they were correct in NOT acting earlier and as a consequence we should be punished.

1) They were made aware by BRAG of information MANY months previous and did nothing

2) They are apparently sponsored by a major agency which might be compromised in their ability to make a fair decision.

3) They have not learnt from previous similar situations i.e portsmouth etc... and put strategies/rules in place to protect clubs like Blackburn.

It is my understanding of this situation that it is vital that pressure is put on the F.A to reach a fair decision for an innocent historic (founding) club like Blackburn before all this comes out in the public eye supporters etc..via media outlets. if Blackburn go into administration with no owners ec. who would be in a position to make this clear in a court of law/fight any injustice etc...

The sports media?

Brag?

The sports MInister?

I think theres a lot of people jumping the gun here, from what I see, if the judge go's the way that is being indicated(ie. venkys are telling a pack of lies to get out of paying) then we are just back to square 1(we know the clubs a shambles, but its only due to absolute negligence/stupidity as the FA have been saying) and any witness evidence attesting to the contrary is just binned(though it should be seen as perjury in my book)

Berg will get paid out, Venkys will pay court costs and probably sack their lawyers for not winning, the FA won't give a hoot and we will have to put up with the back room shenanigans over the summer. With no sensible people running the club, nothing will change.

Guest Norbert

Like I've said, the FA are useless, corrupt, coruplent jumped up twerps who will never damage their commercial partners or indeed do their job. It is so frustrating, as the more that is made public, the more likely it is that they will just let us do a Portsmouth in order to 'remove the problem' Stalin stylie.

• Backroom

Berg will get paid out, Venkys will pay court costs and probably sack their lawyers for not winning, the FA won't give a hoot and we will have to put up with the back room shenanigans over the summer. With no sensible people running the club, nothing will change.

This is the most likely outcome.

He'll of a lot to come out , today's court case is just scratching at the surface .

Many were beating the Shaw drum , I sincerely hope people are now having their eyes open .

With tales of Sella , Hubert and Anderson yet to hit the press the FA are going to be ducking for cover .

18 months against all odds , we have worked round the clock with little sleep , neglected those we love for the truth and bit by bit the reality is beginning to hit home to those who doubted the supporters case and even those who doubted the motive behind taking these clowns on

When will this be happening?

Guest Norbert

Probably when the solicitor's letters, last minute injunctions etc. are cleared out the way Pafell. The courts can expose wrongdoings, but they can also be a rubber stamp for the rich and powerful to bury the bodies.

Guest Norbert

Seconded. Otherwise there will be a few purchases of paper shredders, and computer files being deleted/amended in certain parts of London, Lancashire and India.

Not even read any further than this Den. It's blatantly obvious that Venkys cannot sack Shaw because of his JA ties. Very obvious.

Alternatively, they can't actually prove he did anything wrong.

Archived